Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

5 hours ago, AMIW said:

tourist (nationality unknown) picks up killer blue octopus and somehow lives

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/tourist-holds-blue-ringed-octopus

Holy flipping heck!! They are extremely lucky whoever they were. We know it was not Raced because if he saw an Australian octopus he would have yelled Andrew and been 100kms away in about 60 seconds.

13 hours ago, jukebox said:

Happy Valentine's Day concert Bruciversary, Lakers!

1402s.jpg

1402x.jpg

1402b.jpg

i love a flannel shirt

they make up 3/4 of my wardrobe

but in present conditions (the hight of summer) im appealed at the thought of wearing one in this heat

29 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

did you know you csn drive to NZ from Brisbane???

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/kiwi-traveller/110614073/ask-a-stupid-question-tourists-dumbest-queries-about-new-zealand

and btw NZ is not Tasmania !

Image result for paddle trike

What's the issue, Daisey? I'm on my way to visit you now. Have the pavlova ready for, say, May 2023

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Image result for paddle trike

What's the issue, Daisey? I'm on my way to visit you now. Have the pavlova ready for, say, May 2023

it's a date

48fe5fcf0b443fce611f01cdccfbdc32_f1638.jpg.e95f7de0bc5e19dc9a399c96db617050.jpg

we'll pick you up when you get to Wanganui

20190208_151121.jpg

On 2/12/2019 at 8:32 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

alot of people out of their homes and farmers unable to get to their stock

its pretty bad down Nelson.  it's south of where my brother in law lives thank goodness

but it shows all that training we do sending firefighters to Aussie bush fires and to USA fires pays off

the fire season here seems to have expanded 

is it ok where you live ?

Hope everything’s settled down by now Daisey but I read that the dry conditions haven’t improved and fire bans will continue. You’re right about the shared fire fighting crews helping out around the world when these disasters occur. Not only as a means of training but also to reinforce the front line and give the locals some respite. 

Things have cooled off a lot down south here (mid 20s this week) and we’ve been spared the floods from up north, but we’d sure love some of their rain- it’s still really dry and a return of the hot weather would put us right back in danger. 

I grew up right here on the farm I still live on. In my lifetime we’ve been spared a major fire but back in the ‘40s a bad one tore through here and destroyed many homes and the school. In more recent years I’ve watched flames and smoke fill the horizon on pretty much every point of the compass (I live on a hill and can see from Melbourne to the forests along the Victorian  Surfcoast). It’s a horrible thing to smell smoke on the hot summer wind when you live in one of the world’s most fire prone regions. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Me and Frank said:

Hope everything’s settled down by now Daisey but I read that the dry conditions haven’t improved and fire bans will continue. You’re right about the shared fire fighting crews helping out around the world when these disasters occur. Not only as a means of training but also to reinforce the front line and give the locals some respite. 

Things have cooled off a lot down south here (mid 20s this week) and we’ve been spared the floods from up north, but we’d sure love some of their rain- it’s still really dry and a return of the hot weather would put us right back in danger. 

I grew up right here on the farm I still live on. In my lifetime we’ve been spared a major fire but back in the ‘40s a bad one tore through here and destroyed many homes and the school. In more recent years I’ve watched flames and smoke fill the horizon on pretty much every point of the compass (I live on a hill and can see from Melbourne to the forests along the Victorian  Surfcoast). It’s a horrible thing to smell smoke on the hot summer wind when you live in one of the world’s most fire prone regions. 

im so glad you have been spared the fires at your place

i feel.sorry for farmers and farm animals and wild animals the most durring the dry

today is another completly blue sky day

i miss my clouds

my garden is a wreck

i read about a farm house that was saved because the owner went to a 'gardening talk' by the fire brigade

everdently flax is the ticket 

lucky i love flax but it's not everyone's cup of tea

up.north Gisborn is about to run its drinking water dry

we are very lucky to have a great big river on our doorstep but not everyone is so lucky

https://i.stuff.co.nz/environment/110587077/kiwi-birds-are-roaming-further-during-the-summer-months-in-search-of-food

• Like 1

Another OzTour2017 concert Bruciversary today, this time a little melancholy... 16th Feb 2017. Mine and @iPod's last time seeing Bruce.

But we did get up close and personal ~ so let's not be too sad about it.  @Raced Off The Street and @Junglelandish were there, too. And other Lakers whose names are fading in the mists of time.  So a glass raised to new friends - both virtual and real - made on that tour!

1602a.thumb.jpg.3bd3482021444a6b6f99f90d93f881d4.jpg

1602f.thumb.jpg.d7086046a3929b3e7b1a74547ddd0408.jpg

1602u.thumb.jpg.1bbd7051c4f3706d6650629ae641c9f8.jpg

And for anyone who went to those shows, the euphoric, yet sad, walk out of the venue to this:

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Faith will be rewarded.

Jan / Feb / March 2021 is my guess.

Of course, I'm screwed because I'll be around halfway across on my paddle trike trip to NZ (refer post somewhere above)

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2