Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

shit i can't quote @SydneyGirl but that lizard is a beauty and would be welcome to sunbath on my front porch any time

• Love Love Love! 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:29 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

It is getting a little tiring watching the poor cat disappear under the car knowing it means the storms are coming again Daisey. After the damage the hailstorm did to my roof on the afternoon of Bruce's last Hunter Valley concert she understandably is very scared by them. There have been a couple so violent I considered joining her under the car.  I think though this will have been the last as we are so close to April.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, SydneyGirl said:

It is getting a little tiring watching the poor cat disappear under the car knowing it means the storms are coming again Daisey. After the damage the hailstorm did to my roof on the afternoon of Bruce's last Hunter Valley concert she understandably is very scared by them. There have been a couple so violent I considered joining her under the car.  I think though this will have been the last as we are so close to April.

hunker down and stay safe, you and kitty

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Road Bridge made of concrete! washes away in the storm in DaiseyLand! - on the south island though

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-47703741/new-zealand-bridge-washed-away-in-heavy-storm

yup - things are getting back to.normal around here. 

mother nature reminding us who is actually incharge incase anyone might have forgotten 

Andrew btw please tell your mates at the BBC its

THE South Island

always with a THE at the front

not and never just South Island 

( same for The North island )

hmmm for that matter its THE West coast also not just West Coast

• Like 1

I will talk to my source at the BBC who provides the Brexit flowcharts about this important issue just for you Daisey

• Love Love Love! 1

quite funny

and yes id love to take Carl Stevanovik.- (we used to get the morning show when Prime tv was still owned by channel 9)

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/111669826/aussie-comedy-sketch-pokes-fun-at-having-pm-jacinda-ardern-as-their-next-leader

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

quite funny

and yes id love to take Carl Stevanovik.- (we used to get the morning show when Prome tv was still owned by channel 9)

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/111669826/aussie-comedy-sketch-pokes-fun-at-having-pm-jacinda-ardern-as-their-next-leader

Well part of me says you can have him, but he will always have a place in my heart for two things:

1) Wearing the same suit for a whole year on air, and only revealing it when the year was up as a shout out to female colleagues criticised over their attire.

and

2) This:

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kenjisan said:

Well part of me says you can have him, but he will always have a place in my heart for two things:

1) Wearing the same suit for a whole year on air, and only revealing it when the year was up as a shout out to female colleagues criticised over their attire.

and

2) This:

i knew about the suit but that interview is priceless 

Carl is pure class

our screens are all the poorer without him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenjisan said:

and

2) This:

Oh thank you soooo much for that @kenjisan!! I don't watch the show so had never seen this but it just made my day. That has to be the most Ocker thing (in the best kind of way) I have seen in years.  Going off to look for my pluggers.

P.S. also agree with you his only worth was the suit thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyGirl said:

Oh thank you soooo much for that @kenjisan!! I don't watch the show so had never seen this but it just made my day. That has to be the most Ocker thing (in the best kind of way) I have seen in years.  Going off to look for my pluggers.

P.S. also agree with you his only worth was the suit thing.

I don't watch it either, was sent to me by a friend a few years ago.

For me there was one other thing, but I won't post it here as its more of a Fight Club trigger (Karl's response to Peter Dutton about refugees coming to Australia )

17 minutes ago, kenjisan said:

I don't watch it either, was sent to me by a friend a few years ago.

For me there was one other thing, but I won't post it here as its more of a Fight Club trigger (Karl's response to Peter Dutton about refugees coming to Australia )

im.sure you could find a thread over there for it

i used to have the misfortune of the 9.30 till 6pm shift at work so i watched the today show for a few years while it was available

durring that time they used to give us NZ weather and a bit of news

i actually got fond of Ricky Ponting durring this time because he interviewed so well 

im always happy seeing Carl is still out there

if Julia Roberts is/was America's sweetheart i think Carl Stevanovik is Australia's sweetheart 

Karl Stefanovic certainly was one of 'Australia's sweethearts', but his largely female following have turned on him since he traded in his wife of many years for a younger model. This tarnishing of his brand is largely the reason he is no longer on the air at the moment.

Personally, as a largely old school middle aged white male I though him appearing on morning TV still fairly clearly sloshed on the morning after the Logie awards a few years back was funny as hell and probably my favourite Karl episode

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Karl Stefanovic certainly was one of 'Australia's sweethearts', but his largely female following have turned on him since he traded in his wife of many years for a younger model. This tarnishing of his brand is largely the reason he is no longer on the air at the moment.

Personally, as a largely old school middle aged white male I though him appearing on morning TV still fairly clearly sloshed on the morning after the Logie awards a few years back was funny as hell and probably my favourite Karl episode

oh that's sad about his wife

sad for the family

i don't buy woman's magazines so i didn't know

now could be the perfect time for him to move back over here (i just read on wiki as a young reporter he worked for tvnz- but i have long watched tv3 news )

ive spent 10 min looking for a thread to put this one 

i thought we had a thread for Steve's tour dowm under ???

anyway a really nice article from the NZ listener 

https://www.noted.co.nz/currently/profiles/steven-van-zandt-nz-tour/

i kind of wish i was going now