Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

59 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Teaching the prison colony a lesson a pub in Manchester charges an Aussie journalist 55,000 for one beer

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-49593291

coincidentally that was the bar tab when @Humphrey B Bear and @Raced Off The Street Went out in new yawk city

i do feel sorry for the wife back home in Australia 

8 hours ago, AMIW said:

Teaching the prison colony a lesson a pub in Manchester charges an Aussie journalist 55,000 for one beer

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-49593291

coincidentally that was the bar tab when @Humphrey B Bear and @Raced Off The Street Went out in new yawk city

That sounds about right.

• Haha 4

On 9/8/2019 at 5:38 AM, AMIW said:

that has made me very unhappy

magpie just doing what magpies do 

i want to send a visitor around the council to straighten a few wildlife issues out

39e642fb7c0ae32db797b4f3c590b652.jpg

Surely with a chance of a tour this thread needs to resume its rightful place on the front page.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

Surely with a chance of a tour this thread needs to resume its rightful place on the front page.

well it needs to be remembered this tour is the last time we saw the ESB (or have they done any one off things - i can't remenber, so much seems to have happened since

But Bruce, on the last night in Auckland said "We will be back "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

If this thread had killer dogs in it then would have been pinned

how about a pork roast and a Datsun Sunny instead 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/done-datsun-man-cooks-roast-pork-car-during-australian-heatwave-n1103081

5Q6WC757VRFJRK7PN6GK2BPCMU.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not surprised.  It's about 43 degrees outside at the moment, and I'm about to walk home from the office.  It's only about a 5 minute walk but I'm not looking forward to it.

Have a merry Christmas everyone.  Stay cool if you're in Melbourne's hottest December on record.  Stay unsinged if you're anywhere near the neverending Sydney fires.

Climate change?  Scomo says now is not the time to talk about it.  Maybe we can talk about it in the new year. When the prick comes back from Hawaii.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

I'm not surprised.  It's about 43 degrees outside at the moment, and I'm about to walk home from the office.  It's only about a 5 minute walk but I'm not looking forward to it.

Have a merry Christmas everyone.  Stay cool if you're in Melbourne's hottest December on record.  Stay unsinged if you're anywhere near the neverending Sydney fires.

Climate change?  Scomo says now is not the time to talk about it.  Maybe we can talk about it in the new year. When the prick comes back from Hawaii.

Merry christmas Mr and Mrs Beer

stay as cool as you can

(i just saw that Hawaii thing on the news - very bad timing indeed)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

I'll meet your 43 degrees and raise you a 46.

To ScoMo, I just raise my finger

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Kent Guitar said:

I would also like to wish everyone a happy Gravy Day for tomorrow.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46642690

i googled :lol:

i was going to make a curry for tea tomorrow becsuse you know just in time for the Christmas cherry crop its raining and cold (trpical xmas week - last night i was cold in bed and needed a blanket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46642690

i googled :lol:

i was going to make a curry for tea tomorrow becsuse you know just in time for the Christmas cherry crop its raining and cold (trpical xmas week - last night i was cold in bed and needed a blanket

I love cherries at Christmas. It’s a big part of every Christmas for us. Here is the song.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

6 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

I love cherries at Christmas. It’s a big part of every Christmas for us. Here is the song.

that's quite good

i can't enbed a video but here is Christmas in NZ https://youtu.be/LXbjiaKJQjY

kind of a country vibe

plus our pohutukawa tree tonight after tea

20191220_194541.jpg

20191220_194558.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I'll meet your 43 degrees and raise you a 46.

To ScoMo, I just raise my finger

I have more than a finger for him, and you can probably guess where I can suggest he put it. But FC is dead so moving on... As Kent said -  Happy Gravy Day, and stay safe my fellow Antipodeans.

• Like 2

i was cooking tea tonight and missed the news 

hope you guys ok in the heat and fires today

Every year when I hear about you guys Down Under celebrating Christmas in hot weather, I'm glad I'm not there. The fact aside that we haven't had "proper" Christmas weather here for at least a decade - just rain and about three to five degrees Celcius - I hated the one Christmas I spent in Arizona in the sun.

To think that about 50 years ago my ex and I contemplated emigrating from the US to Australia - I was saved by immigration laws which were much to complicated. Good old Germany came to the rescue.

7 hours ago, berlintramp said:

Every year when I hear about you guys Down Under celebrating Christmas in hot weather, I'm glad I'm not there. The fact aside that we haven't had "proper" Christmas weather here for at least a decade - just rain and about three to five degrees Celcius - I hated the one Christmas I spent in Arizona in the sun.

To think that about 50 years ago my ex and I contemplated emigrating from the US to Australia - I was saved by immigration laws which were much to complicated. Good old Germany came to the rescue.

i never thought about it until recently but Christmas seems to break up your winter quite nicely

here winter is just a long slog with nothing to look forward to but spring itself