Greasy Lake Community

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

58 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

It's funny this thread got bumped, as I just listened to this yesterday afternoon.

image.png.66d1fca7d9b065970ff8dd4b797d870e.png

that's awsome Jimmy

it was a lovelly warm night and my beautuful south island had waited such a long time for Bruce and the ESB

but i hope  you didn't  hear those drunken middle aged twinset and pearl rich bucket lister butches screaming and fighting  (right in front of me) durring Born to run ?

however everdently the old people in the multi storied retirement village next door very much enjoyed the night 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

It's gonna be a bittersweet day when this great thread bites the dust due to the new Oz / NZ Tour 2021 thread.

More sweet than bitter, but still it's been a long lived killer animal filled entertaining ride.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bosstralian said:

It's gonna be a bittersweet day when this great thread bites the dust due to the new Oz / NZ Tour 2021 thread.

More sweet than bitter, but still it's been a long lived killer animal filled entertaining ride.

we have a quite small house spider living on our dunny ceiling

at least once a day it scales down its thread, looks me in the eye and then high tails it back up to the ceiling 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

This thread will live as long as the dog thread... it is indestructible 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

Our piddly museum here in South Australia has skeletons of these. I guess we can't afford things like actual dinosaurs.

9 minutes ago, AMIW said:

here is my new friend

he lives on the dunny ceiling 

20200527_165309.jpg

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

I’m not sure if that is more or less scary given it is blurry,,,

im.just scared Gary is going to sqush it

im getting attached 

20200527_165257.jpg

• 1 month later...

Unlike most animal stories posted in this thread, this is scary.

A speeding tradie told police he couldn’t have slowed down his car because he was fighting off a deadly brown snake with a knife as he drove along the Dawson Highway in northern Queensland last month.

In outrageous, but real, vision, the tradesman, named “Jimmy”, is pulled over by police for driving 123km/h in a 100km/h zone.

“A brown snake or a tiger snake, it’s in the back of the ute,” he says. “It was in the ute with me, I think it’s bitten me.”

Speeding driver ‘Jimmy’ told police he wasn’t able to brake as he was fighting off a deadly brown snake with a knife. Picture: QPSSource:Supplied

When Jimmy was finally able to pull over for police, the snake was laid across the back of his ute, and he feared he’d been bitten. Picture: QPSSource:Supplied

The officer moved to the back of the ute, where a large brown snake was bleeding and laying across the back tray.

Jimmy said the snake had slithered into his car through the gear stick before wrapping around his legs.

“The more I moved my legs … it just started to wrap around me.,” he said.

“Its head just started striking at the (driver’s seat) chair, between my legs.”

Jimmy used a seat belt and a work knife he had nearby to fight off the snake and then began driving towards the hospital, believing he had been bitten.

Paramedics were called to the scene and determined he had not been bitten, but was suffering from shock.

image.png.07577c1e7baa9531bc8de3ffab82f3ab.png

The eastern brown snake is one of the deadliest in the world.

Jimmy was not charged.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

Unlike most animal stories posted in this thread, this is scary.

A speeding tradie told police he couldn’t have slowed down his car because he was fighting off a deadly brown snake with a knife as he drove along the Dawson Highway in northern Queensland last month.

In outrageous, but real, vision, the tradesman, named “Jimmy”, is pulled over by police for driving 123km/h in a 100km/h zone.

“A brown snake or a tiger snake, it’s in the back of the ute,” he says. “It was in the ute with me, I think it’s bitten me.”

Speeding driver ‘Jimmy’ told police he wasn’t able to brake as he was fighting off a deadly brown snake with a knife. Picture: QPSSource:Supplied

When Jimmy was finally able to pull over for police, the snake was laid across the back of his ute, and he feared he’d been bitten. Picture: QPSSource:Supplied

The officer moved to the back of the ute, where a large brown snake was bleeding and laying across the back tray.

Jimmy said the snake had slithered into his car through the gear stick before wrapping around his legs.

“The more I moved my legs … it just started to wrap around me.,” he said.

“Its head just started striking at the (driver’s seat) chair, between my legs.”

Jimmy used a seat belt and a work knife he had nearby to fight off the snake and then began driving towards the hospital, believing he had been bitten.

Paramedics were called to the scene and determined he had not been bitten, but was suffering from shock.

image.png.07577c1e7baa9531bc8de3ffab82f3ab.png

The eastern brown snake is one of the deadliest in the world.

Jimmy was not charged.

I think I might have just cut out the middle man and had a heart attack if it was me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyGirl said:

I think I might have just cut out the middle man and had a heart attack if it was me.

Take care out there our Aussie friends

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Uh, uhh, this Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017 thread is a really loooooooooooooong. I did not read all those 142 pages, so I do not know if this was posted already here ...

At 50 seconds in ive been harping on about that for more than 3 years