Greasy Lake Community

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

19 hours ago, JC said:

Hey, it gave us this great opening line from night 2 - "Adelaide! I thought it was hot yesterday! What the fuck is going on today!??"

Correct. It was f***ing hot. Deadset only left the hotel to go to and from the venue. Still remember everyone scattering and hiding in the shaded car park. Right near the venue.

• Like 1

Just saw on Facebook someone mentioned that MMM in Adelaide have been advertising today that they will be announcing the next big act coming to town tomorrow, with their "cryptic clue" being 'he's not your boss'. Thankfully, this suggests the rumours of no Adelaide show appear wrong. All digits crossed for the next few hours....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Just saw on Facebook someone mentioned that MMM in Adelaide have been advertising today that they will be announcing the next big act coming to town tomorrow, with their "cryptic clue" being 'he's not your boss'. Thankfully, this suggests the rumours of no Adelaide show appear wrong. All digits crossed for the next few hours....

he's not your boss

that's kind of wrong isn't it ?

So have plans changed because Bruce himself said that his 2017 tour would not be with the E Street Band. He said the reason he did The River 2016 tour was to tour with them again because it would be a few years inbetween tours, he was doing a solo tour

"The project I've been working on is more of a solo project," he said. "It wasn't a project I was going to probably take the band out on. So I said, 'Gee, that's going to push the band playing again until a ways in the future. It'll be nice to get some playing in so you don't wind up being two or three years between E Street tours.' This will give us a chance to get out there and stretch our muscles a little bit."  - Bruce Springsteen December 2015, Rolling Stone

I'm wondering if perhaps using the strings on a couple of songs on this last leg is Bruce feeling his way to what he may do next. Perhaps he has decided strings and orchestration can co-exist with E Street, the way the Sessions band and E Street did to some degree on the WB tour, and he now thinks he can use the band to support the new album

4 minutes ago, injuddstree said:

Full run, including NZ. Arenas and outdoor. Wowee!

Arenas.

Just letting that sink in for a minute... ARENAS!!!

• Like 1