Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

6 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Alien Dingoes; great name for a band.

We had The Aliens (Melbourne punk band from the late seventies) and The Dingoes (iconic Aussie Folk rockers).  I doubt if they ever played together.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

We had The Aliens (Melbourne punk band from the late seventies) and The Dingoes (iconic Aussie Folk rockers).  I doubt if they ever played together.

No but I believe the Wet Ones (obscure Melbourne 80's band) and the Hard Ons (Sydney punk lads) did do a gig together once. :) Sorry

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

Uluru please Andrew. We don't call it Ayers Rock anymore.

speak for yourself.....to me it will ALWAYS be Ayers Rock, sorry

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raced Off The Street said:

Bless you and the injection of hope that you've delivered to this anxious ould heart :D. Didn't want to fly all the way across the world and be sitting outside with my nose pressed against the glass.......

That's what we'll be doing if there are no Perth 1 drops...

Perth 3 is gonna happen - just like last time - first two, barely anything left - no tickets, seated or standing left for Perth 1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrazyJaney1 said:

That's what we'll be doing if there are no Perth 1 drops...

Perth 3 is gonna happen - just like last time - first two, barely anything left - no tickets, seated or standing left for Perth 1.

yes, hold out on the hope for Perth 3. Little birdie tells me he's arriving in Perth 20 Jan, so still chance of another concert before Perth 1. Otherwise, he'll have five days hanging out at Cottesloe Beach. Tickets to Perth 2 were relatively slowish to sell (by Bruce standards), so maybe not as much demand as hoped - only single seats left now though. Am also desperate for a GA drop for Perth 1 - I failed too in pre-sale and on Friday. 

I reckon the tour is not selling as quickly in major markets of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, and indeed in Perth, as last two tours for a variety of reasons:

1. Guns n Roses stole a march on Bruce with some ticket $s going their way

2. No new product from Bruce

3. Some punters possibly waiting on the announcement of a Paul McCartney tour for Feb/Mar

4. 3 tours in 4 years (as I state, WITH no new product this time) - overkill? For SOME, not me!

5. Pricing structure of tickets. PREMIUM tickets (with $ Premium) were A Reserve last tour, A Reserve were B Reserve  last tour etc weren't they, so punters are  being asked to pay more or the same to sit in lesser quality seats? I do understand to GET Bruce here Gudinski HAS to structure tickets in a such a way as to make it worth Bruce's and HIS while...

PERHAPS punters are simply waiting for new show dates in Melbourne and Sydney before booking, but that doesn't explain why Brisbane 2 is selling relatively slowly.

I'd love, but don't see, a Perth 3 when Perth 1 and 2 still are available. Perth 3 went on sale a couple of hours after Perth 2 last tour.

Thoughts?

31 minutes ago, BITUSA said:

I reckon the tour is not selling as quickly in major markets of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, and indeed in Perth, as last two tours for a variety of reasons:

1. Guns n Roses stole a march on Bruce with some ticket $s going their way

2. No new product from Bruce

3. Some punters possibly waiting on the announcement of a Paul McCartney tour for Feb/Mar

4. 3 tours in 4 years (as I state, WITH no new product this time) - overkill? For SOME, not me!

5. Pricing structure of tickets. PREMIUM tickets (with $ Premium) were A Reserve last tour, A Reserve were B Reserve  last tour etc weren't they, so punters are  being asked to pay more or the same to sit in lesser quality seats? I do understand to GET Bruce here Gudinski HAS to structure tickets in a such a way as to make it worth Bruce's and HIS while...

PERHAPS punters are simply waiting for new show dates in Melbourne and Sydney before booking, but that doesn't explain why Brisbane 2 is selling relatively slowly.

I'd love, but don't see, a Perth 3 when Perth 1 and 2 still are available. Perth 3 went on sale a couple of hours after Perth 2 last tour.

Thoughts?

I agree with a number of your thoughts.. and mine are along similar lines.. but I see it as this..

In 2013, he hadn't come for 10 years and not a lot of his albums were big sellers, so to go see him was a novelty... the word of mouth was so amazing about those concerts that when 2014 was announced (albeit with new material), a lot of people wanted to go see him purely based on the feedback from the 2013 tour (I personally know a number of people who were in this scenario.. they didn't buy High Hopes or even Wrecking Ball but went to experience the show itself).. 

Now, 3 years later, the 'novelty' of not having seen him has rubbed off most of the punters.. They paid the big money 3 years ago and don't need to spend that money again (tix are about a 10% increase on 2014 tour which is not too bad for 3 years).. I do agree that there would be a number of 'casual' fans who are putting their money to a GnR gig as their 'must see' concert of the year..

Even though I live in Sydney, I am stunned that Gudinski chose to go the AAMI Park route and not Rod Laver Arena.. I am pretty sure they could have sold 2 x RLA not a problem (even with Hanging Rock).. but 2 x AAMI with that pit size is gonna be the issue.. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BITUSA said:

Now that there is some exciting rumour, is that a proper rumour or just the same old wishful thinking which used to spring up every year for Bruce.

33 minutes ago, shankly said:

Now that there is some exciting rumour, is that a proper rumour or just the same old wishful thinking which used to spring up every year for Bruce.

No this is a proper rumour. I have heard it from someone who SHOULD know ... not 100%... but it's definitely on the cards and being worked on 

3 hours ago, brucetrivia said:

I agree with a number of your thoughts.. and mine are along similar lines.. but I see it as this..

In 2013, he hadn't come for 10 years and not a lot of his albums were big sellers, so to go see him was a novelty... the word of mouth was so amazing about those concerts that when 2014 was announced (albeit with new material), a lot of people wanted to go see him purely based on the feedback from the 2013 tour (I personally know a number of people who were in this scenario.. they didn't buy High Hopes or even Wrecking Ball but went to experience the show itself).. 

Now, 3 years later, the 'novelty' of not having seen him has rubbed off most of the punters.. They paid the big money 3 years ago and don't need to spend that money again (tix are about a 10% increase on 2014 tour which is not too bad for 3 years).. I do agree that there would be a number of 'casual' fans who are putting their money to a GnR gig as their 'must see' concert of the year..

Even though I live in Sydney, I am stunned that Gudinski chose to go the AAMI Park route and not Rod Laver Arena.. I am pretty sure they could have sold 2 x RLA not a problem (even with Hanging Rock).. but 2 x AAMI with that pit size is gonna be the issue.. 

The issue with RLA is it only holds 13,000 at capacity. So two shows is 26,000. But AAMI is 40,000 tickets and he only has to play once. Purely a financial decision.

On 27/09/2016 at 3:39 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

he's never been down south before

*snip*

He hasn't?  I thought that was what Red Headed Woman was all about?

• Like 3

A young woman at my work was very excited when the news broke that Bruce was coming to NZ. I thought it was marvellous that Bruce was appealing to the young generation.

I asked her last week whether she got tickets and she replied she had and couldn't wait to hear "Summer of '69"!:huh:

25 minutes ago, kiwiprofessor said:

A young woman at my work was very excited when the news broke that Bruce was coming to NZ. I thought it was marvellous that Bruce was appealing to the young generation.

I asked her last week whether she got tickets and she replied she had and couldn't wait to hear "Summer of '69"!:huh:

Had a similar experience.

"Springsteen?? Love him! My fav is Uptown Girl"

• Like 2

At least with Jessie's Girl the artist names have a similar ring... Those last two examples of mistaken identity are just plain brain hurtingly ridiculous

• Like 2

Hey guys, hope everyone got what they needed! If you see two GA for Brisbane II and two for HV keep me in mind, please! I'm only going to those two and Auckland on my visit. A Bruce virgin is taking the trip with me, so these will be her first shows. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kiwiprofessor said:

And a little bit of you died inside. :(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kiwiprofessor said:

nice avatar but horrible story !!!

this is why your home town needs 2 shows (Christchurch for anyone not follieibg along) maybe they should have ditched Auckland and tried out Wellington or Dunedin

as for Brisbane 

I'm sure Brisbane is where the promoter lost money back on the rising tour

and don't forget NZ did not get the WB tour of 2013

in all honestly this tour probably had as much thought into it as the river tour just past but at least they are coming to Christchurch  - the only new market on the tour

• Like 2

6 hours ago, injuddstree said:

Had a similar experience.

"Springsteen?? Love him! My fav is Uptown Girl"

Long island is alot closer to NJ than Canada - but still terrible 

• Like 1

at least you northerners don't get 

oh year I love working class man like my last store manager did who professed to be a big Boss fan xnd isn't even going to a show this time 

and to think tickettek had the nerve to send me Jimmy barns junk mail!!

2 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:
  7 hours ago, kiwiprofessor said:

2 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

And a little bit of you died inside. :(

To be fair, after I let her down gently and told her that Bruce didn't do that song, to which she was very surprised, she then mentioned DITD, said she loved the video because of Courteney Cox.

• Like 3

Another limb I'm prepared to go out on (after the "Sandy" thought bubble)....

On the Apple SoHo broadcast just now, Bruce has hinted the new solo album may still be out this year (in time for Christmas? Possible).

In which case, Oz might get a High Hopes II tour - road testing the studio material live down under, before taking it back to mid sized venues (arenas, not stadia) in the USA.

Exciting possibility!

• Like 2