Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Has anyone outside of Australia that bought tickets for any of he extra shows added in November received their tickets by post yet?

Thanks

Still waiting for mine.  Was slightly concerned as there was no additional charge for international postage.  Checked with Ticketek and was told they were posted out last week

12 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Do all you beer-drinkers have your bathroom-break songs picked out yet? It sounds like you'll each need more than one.

Aussie's can use the empty Goon-Sacks for the bathroom break songs and never have to leave their spot :o

• Like 2

Just now, AMIW said:

Aussie's can use the empty Goon-Sacks for the bathroom break songs and never have to leave their spot :o

What about Kiwis? (I'm just concerned about Daisey.:( )

I've been put of craft beer for life

a few years back I went with a workmate as her plus 1 to a fancy management doo in Auckland 

I was the only lowly actual worker there 

my friend waa graduating from the management program and she waa allowed one friend and as she had 2 kids she took me

we had really swanky food and the beer came out in those Aussie skooners 

more luke a vase than a glass

I never actually got drunk - not even typsy - not with all those managers around

anyway then I had some wine with the swanky food and when we got to the hotel I had a whisky sour then went to bed almost stone cold sober

next thing I know I'm crawling to the bathroom on my hands and knees

on the way to the airport I had to stop the taxi and throw up in the gutter

at the airport I lay on the floor

it was the one hour flight from hell

when I eventually got home I was sick for a further 2 days

it was one of those citrus flavored beers

never again

so I just stick with lawn mover beers produced for the masses on hot days 

8 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Daisey, I have yet to see my lawn move, even after a few Merlots.

oops mower

lawn mower 

ahhh the sound of summer 

people scalping their lawn to beyond sn inch of its life 

I repel and let ours grow long

1 minute ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

citrus flavoured beer sound gross.

just imagine how bad it was the next day 

actually I used to occasionally enjoy a lime and larger if I was out and they woukd  put a lime wedge in the neck of the bottle 

On 12/13/2016 at 11:27 AM, Humphrey B Bear said:

And Sydney night one and two, and Adelaide, and both Brissie shows, and Perth 1.  

Nothing for Perth 2 or 3 Janey.  We'll keep watching.

Been off the board for a while - been doing a lot of charity work and coaching kids athletics (all voluntarily) for the State Relay Championships. My little seven year olds got Gold and Bronze but I'm going to have to get a paid job or there will be no Bruce! Please email me if there are Perth 2 drops...

• Like 3

On 16/12/2016 at 1:18 AM, Marilla Gorilla said:

Do all you beer-drinkers have your bathroom-break songs picked out yet? It sounds like you'll each need more than one.

No drinking before or during shows for me. Bruce gets me buzzed enough.

Plus, at $240 a ticket, a bathroom break costs $5-$10 bucks

• Like 6

So there are still really good tickets for all shows, and we're 5 weeks away... Gudinski over-estimated the demand. I'm hoping the lack of attendance, particularly at the added shows, isn't a buzzkill. There will be a lot of empty seats.

7 minutes ago, injuddstree said:

So there are still really good tickets for all shows, and we're 5 weeks away... Gudinski over-estimated the demand. I'm hoping the lack of attendance, particularly at the added shows, isn't a buzzkill. There will be a lot of empty seats.

ok a different country but guns and roses  had all prices across all ticket classes slashed by 50% this week 

the market must just be saturated 

or with global uncertainty people are spending with more description

10 minutes ago, injuddstree said:

I'm sure at the last minute they will near sell out

but once again I'd like to point out Chch would have sold an extra night

but the promoter is on his own ajenda 

just hope it doesn't count against us like what happened in Brisbane during the rising tour and that keep Bruce away for so long afterwards 

3 hours ago, injuddstree said:

If Frontier is happy to pay for my flights and accomodation, I'd be happy to spend some money on tickets in places other than just Adelaide :D

• Like 2

I just had to buy emergency tickets to go see mum who the doctor says won't live to Christmas

it's been 4 years coming

I could easily get to Melbourne or Sydney with  what it's costing 

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I just had to buy emergency tickets to go see mum who the doctor says won't live to Christmas

it's been 4 years coming

I could easily get to Melbourne or Sydney with  what it's costing 

sympathys daisy

• Like 1

I just had an email from Frontier Touring regarding a 3 day "Early Boxing Day" members only sale.

This runs from 12:00 AEDT 21st December to 12:00 AEDT 23rd December.

No indication at present as to what is being offered but if they are really struggling to unload Bruce tickets it might be a chance for those still wanting tickets to save some money.

1 minute ago, Gartloney Rat said:

I just had an email from Frontier Touring regarding a 3 day "Early Boxing Day" members only sale.

This runs from 12:00 AEDT 21st December to 12:00 AEDT 23rd December.

No indication at present as to what is being offered but if they are really struggling to unload Bruce tickets it might be a chance for those still wanting tickets to save some money.

I've had so much junk mail about what's happening in Auckland I just automatically deleted that without looking

thanks for the heads up

On 18/12/2016 at 10:41 AM, injuddstree said:

The second Sydney show fortunately seems to to be heading towards a sellout as most sections now indicate the allocation is exhausted. Thought a second stadium show in Melbourne was ambitious, considering there is also a Hanging Rock show again this time. 

With three tours since 2013, I didn't feel like trekking further than Sydney and Hunter Valley shows this time. I went to Victorian and Brisbane shows as well on the previous tours.

• Like 1

is the article in this mouths a Australian edition of Rolling Stone the same one everyone else got a while back ?

I just picked up a copy to read on the plane and got a nice surprise 

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

is the article in this mouths a Australian edition of Rolling Stone the same one everyone else got a while back ?

I just picked up a copy to read on the plane and got a nice surprise 

I think so, Daisey. Australian RS re-packages stuff from the US edition alongside Australia specific content.

• Like 1