Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

So we're inside a month and excitement is building across this land and many other little pockets around the world.  My little cadre will swell dramatically as friends, acquaintances and other bossaholics join up with us along the way.  

We have a big opportunity in Perth on Australia day (26th) to have a little get together between shows 2 and 3.  It will be a great chance to spend some time together and catch up with old friends and those you don't know yet.  A good way to build a bit of community for the tour. My man JMac is going to approach a few venues and try to find one that might be suitable. 

If any of you locals have any suggestions - let em rip.

Off to our Christmas breakup lunch now.  It's hot outside.  

Have a good one!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

So we're inside a month and excitement is building across this land and many other little pockets around the world.  My little cadre will swell dramatically as friends, acquaintances and other bossaholics join up with us along the way.  

We have a big opportunity in Perth on Australia day (26th) to have a little get together between shows 2 and 3.  It will be a great chance to spend some time together and catch up with old friends and those you don't know yet.  A good way to build a bit of community for the tour. My man JMac is going to approach a few venues and try to find one that might be suitable. 

If any of you locals have any suggestions - let em rip.

Off to our Christmas breakup lunch now.  It's hot outside.  

Have a good one!

Could go up to King's Park late pm to watch the fireworks  - fabulous view across the Swan River and city, cafes, etc. there, huge, glorious park, could take music, picnic blankets, etc...

• Like 4

No idea what to expect for my one and only show in Adelaide. I guess the three warm up gigs he is doing in Perth beforehand should give some indication. :D

If this was on Yankee soil, an election inspired setlist was probably a lock in but whether Bruce thinks some of this would be lost on Aussie audiences I don't know.

Personally, Greetings is probably the least favourite of the classic albums so I'm hoping the set won't be as Greetings heavy as the last US leg and will cover a wider range of the catalogue. I'm hoping to get at least one of Racing, Incident or Drive All Night in Adelaide as I've never heard these epics live.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrazyJaney1 said:

Could go up to King's Park late pm to watch the fireworks  - fabulous view across the Swan River and city, cafes, etc. there, huge, glorious park, could take music, picnic blankets, etc...

Would love to join you guys in Perth but sadly my Oz odyssey only begins in Adelaide. Hopefully will see a lot of you peeps at all the shows between there and Brisbane. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrazyJaney1 said:

Agree is would be lovely to gather for the fireworks, but a picnic arrangement may be a bit hard for all those travellers who'll be with us (i.e. no picnic blankets and picnic gear to borrow from their hotel rooms). So a ready-made licensed venue may work better sometime earlier in the day. Humphrey, the crowds in Perth for the fireworks in the evening are massive - people start gathering in the early afternoon and lots of roads are closed etc. Are you thinking of a daytime gathering or evening or something that spans both? It would be ideal to book something where we could wander sowewhere closeby to see the fireworks (if we're all still then). And I'm assuming we won't want to be too far from the Arena in case there's a roll call to do? I'm also happy to make some venue availability inquiries if we can clarify the time and proximity preferences. Getting exciting now!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Raced Off The Street said:

Would love to join you guys in Perth but sadly my Oz odyssey only begins in Adelaide. Hopefully will see a lot of you peeps at all the shows between there and Brisbane. 

Me too, I only join the tour in Adelaide, perhaps we could arrange something at each stop so that the locals can meet the touring party.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gartloney Rat said:

Me too, I only join the tour in Adelaide, perhaps we could arrange something at each stop so that the locals can meet the touring party.

your all very lucky bastards 

merry Christmas my friends 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gartloney Rat said:

at every show just look for this guy

f9e8793c5423963edab72a1571c73b06.jpeg

• Like 4

On 22/12/2016 at 7:02 PM, kev said:

I think its 30 days until things kick off here in sunny Perth.

Bets for opening song, opening night?

I'm going to go with a full band Long Walk Home.

With the passing of Rick Parfitt overnight, I wonder if we won't get Rocking All Over The World as the PER#1 opener - Bruce knows it, it's got relevance, and would be a perfectly acceptable tribute.  Yes, please!

• Like 3

as we get closer to the tour it is worth noting that the local animals are attacking in the hope of StEALing tickets :D to the shows

2448.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

check the news for seal terrorizes Australian town!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

as we get closer to the tour it is worth noting that the local animals are attacking in the hope of StEALing tickets :D to the shows

This happened in Tasmania. As Tasmania does not exist as far as JLM is concerned, this is not an issue for any visiting GLers.

(To be fair, Tasmania doesn't exist as far as any artist manager or touring company is concerned, so JLM are not alone there)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

is thst a NZ fur seal or do you have your own seal species over there ?

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

is thst a NZ fur seal or do you have your own seal species over there ?

That is a true blue Aussie fur seal, we also have the Kiwi kind. Apparently it is quite difficult for the layman to tell them apart Aussie ones tend to be bigger and darker coloured. Either way I wouldn't want it on my car.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gartloney Rat said:

That is a true blue Aussie fur seal, we also have the Kiwi kind. Apparently it is quite difficult for the layman to tell them apart Aussie ones tend to be bigger and darker coloured. Either way I wouldn't want it on my car.

they have pretty faces but smell kind of terrible

I'm not sure I'd want to get close enough to learn to tell the difference 

Front GA are now available for all Perth shows, Adelaide show, both Sydney shows, both Brisbane shows, both Melbourne shows.

Pretty amazed they're still available.

• Like 2

Just realised that some of these shows have "non alcohol" sections. 

I'm embarrassed for you, Australia, embarrassed. 

50 minutes ago, Raced Off The Street said:

Just realised that some of these shows have "non alcohol" sections. 

I'm embarrassed for you, Australia, embarrassed. 

Once you've seen the dinky di Aussie bogan in action you'll understand the need for this. It's not pretty. Not everyone wants to sit next to foul mouthed, beer swilling louts.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Gartloney Rat said:

Once you've seen the dinky di Aussie bogan in action you'll understand the need for this. It's not pretty. Not everyone wants to sit next to foul mouthed, beer swilling louts.

I understood 60% of that opening sentence. Is that good going?

• Like 3

On 25/12/2016 at 2:07 PM, jukebox said:

With the passing of Rick Parfitt overnight, I wonder if we won't get Rocking All Over The World as the PER#1 opener - Bruce knows it, it's got relevance, and would be a perfectly acceptable tribute.  Yes, please!

Hmmmm. Am I allowed to change my mind? Yes? Good.

I realised this morning that PER#1 will be just two days after Drumpf's inauguration.  That will get (possibly surprisingly for Bruce & Co.) blanket coverage here.  It's not out of the question that Bruce could revisit Tempe 1980:

I don’t know what you guys think about what happened last night,” he said as a transition between “The River” and “Badlands,” “but I think it’s pretty frightening. You guys are young, there’s gonna be a lot of people depending on you coming up, so this is for you.” 

I would would be surprised if Bruce *didn't* somehow acknowledge the transition to a Republican government somehow - but then again, he's on the other side of the world, and so maybe it's just be upbeat party time.

We shall see in (just) 24 nights!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raced Off The Street said:

I understood 60% of that opening sentence. Is that good going?

Let's just say the USA does not have a monopoly on drunken, cashed-up blue (and white) collar bucks, who will yell out "PLAY BORN IN THE USA!" ... "WE LOVE YOU MAN!"  "F^&K YEAH, BORN TO RUN!" in the set's most quiet and intimate moments...

• Like 3