Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

2 hours ago, Gartloney Rat said:

Once you've seen the dinky di Aussie bogan in action you'll understand the need for this. It's not pretty. Not everyone wants to sit next to foul mouthed, beer swilling louts.

it's not just the bogan 

read the papers after your Melbourne cup or Wellington cup or Christchurch cup or wherever you live - any excuse for a huge piss up

When the WB tour visited Aussie but not NZ in 2013 my then manager's son lived in Aussie and was everdently a 'huge' fan

he went to a half dozen shows lucky bastard he got prove it with the 78 intro but him and his mates drank the entire time.

When Bruce returned for high hopes he told his dad he was tired of boozing to The Boss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Do bears not poop in the woods too? Mr Bear ????

I'm pretty sure Mr and Mrs Bear and their friends and families are well and truly toilet trained and should they ever get caught short they would know to dig a little hole in the dirt and cover it 

Anyone who doesn't know how to do that my cat can show you how 

• Like 2

Naive question here, but what's a "Bogan"? Is it like a Babadook? Or a Drongo? Or a Flamin' Gallah? 

My knowledge of the Aussie lingo was all gleaned from repeat watchings of Crocodile Dundee and YouTube clips of Nick Kyrgios abusing umpires.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raced Off The Street said:

Naive question here, but what's a "Bogan"? Is it like a Babadook? Or a Drongo? Or a Flamin' Gallah? 

My knowledge of the Aussie lingo was all gleaned from repeat watchings of Crocodile Dundee and YouTube clips of Nick Kyrgios abusing umpires.

I see you're from Ireland. the closest equivalent would be a culchie.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Raced Off The Street said:

vbarrest.jpg

• Like 2

In NZ, we call Bogans, Westies.

westies are almost entirely residents of Waitakere City, in particular the Auckland city-side suburbs of Massey, Te Atatu, Henderson, Sunnyvale, Glen Eden, Green Bay, Titirangi, Ranui, and New Lynn. Some people from Avondale are called by others and themselves westies although Avondale is actually within the territory of Auckland City.

To be called a Westie in Auckland is sometimes ambiguous as it can be both a pejorative or good natured, depending on intent. Many people from Waitakere City will call themselves Westies with pride, yet not meet the stereotypical criteria.[4] Westies are stereotypically seen as being more brash and of-the-soil than other districts of Auckland. The stereotype also incorporates black jerseys and old V8 cars, most westies are featured on the New Zealand TV show Police Ten 7 which broadcasts live police workers on duty.

The shift from a pejorative to a societal identifier has been abrupt and in no small part due to the 1993 single Westy Gals by Auckland singer Jan Hellriegel, and local comedian Ewen Gilmour's stand-up comedy act as Ewen "Westie" Gilmour between 1995 and 2000 in the premier television programme Pulp Comedy. Both of these instances gave the term national prominence. Gilmour was "unofficially appointed cultural ambassador" for Waitakere City.[5] He was elected as councillor for the Waitakere City Council in 2004 and joins former mayor Tim Shadbolt[6] as stereotypical westies who have entered local body politics.

The successful television series Outrageous Fortune is set in West Auckland with the main characters being the West family, a play on the word 'Westie'.

The persona of the standard Auckland "Westie" continues to evolve. In November 2008 Paula Bennett defeated Lynne Pillay, the long-standing Labour Member of Parliament for Waitakere under the banner "Proud to be a Westy".[7] Bennett is a solo mother and a former social service beneficiary who is now the Minister for Social Development and Employment and Minister of Youth Affairs in the National-led Government.

It should be noted that as of the 2010 amalgamation of Auckland's council boundaries into one regional greater council, Waitakere City no longer exists as a distinct entity. Yet, those living within the former bundaries remain claiming themselves as Westies' essentially within the former boundaries

westies are almost entirely residents of Waitakere City, in particular the Auckland city-side suburbs of Massey, Te Atatu, Henderson, Sunnyvale, Glen Eden, Green Bay, Titirangi, Ranui, and New Lynn. Some people from Avondale are called by others and themselves westies although Avondale is actually within the territory of Auckland City.

To be called a Westie in Auckland is sometimes ambiguous as it can be both a pejorative or good natured, depending on intent. Many people from Waitakere City will call themselves Westies with pride, yet not meet the stereotypical criteria.[4] Westies are stereotypically seen as being more brash and of-the-soil than other districts of Auckland. The stereotype also incorporates black jerseys and old V8 cars, most westies are featured on the New Zealand TV show Police Ten 7 which broadcasts live police workers on duty.

The shift from a pejorative to a societal identifier has been abrupt and in no small part due to the 1993 single Westy Gals by Auckland singer Jan Hellriegel, and local comedian Ewen Gilmour's stand-up comedy act as Ewen "Westie" Gilmour between 1995 and 2000 in the premier television programme Pulp Comedy. Both of these instances gave the term national prominence. Gilmour was "unofficially appointed cultural ambassador" for Waitakere City.[5] He was elected as councillor for the Waitakere City Council in 2004 and joins former mayor Tim Shadbolt[6] as stereotypical westies who have entered local body politics.

The successful television series Outrageous Fortune is set in West Auckland with the main characters being the West family, a play on the word 'Westie'.

The persona of the standard Auckland "Westie" continues to evolve. In November 2008 Paula Bennett defeated Lynne Pillay, the long-standing Labour Member of Parliament for Waitakere under the banner "Proud to be a Westy".[7] Bennett is a solo mother and a former social service beneficiary who is now the Minister for Social Development and Employment and Minister of Youth Affairs in the National-led Government.

It should be noted that as of the 2010 amalgamation of Auckland's council boundaries into one regional greater council, Waitakere City no longer exists as a distinct entity. Yet, those living within the former bundaries remain claiming themselves as Westies' essentially within the former boundaries

Image result for westies auckland

• Like 2

lots of bogans live in places like Upper Hutt 

actually the OHs daughter has confessed she married a bogan and they live in Paraparaumu 

10 hours ago, Raced Off The Street said:

• Like 2

another earthquake in NZ this time a 5.5 and once again near Kaikoura

Daisey/ Mark please check on the cows...

• Like 3

the yankee news stations reported that Kaley Cuoco, Emily Rossum and Serena Williams are all currently in NZ and safe but said nothing about the cows.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AMIW said:

another earthquake in NZ this time a 5.5 and once again near Kaikoura

Daisey/ Mark please check on the cows...

was that yesterday's one ?

not as scary in the daylight - if your home that is

everdently it cleared town out pretty quick 

I've just driven past one of the multiplex type picture theaters having to be hasterly demolished - I had been looking for bogans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

the yankee news stations reported that Kaley Cuoco, Emily Rossum and Serena Williams are all currently in NZ and safe but said nothing about the cows.

when waa this ?

....hang on I go Google ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

yes I guess it was yesterday your time it of course had todays date on the footage since yesterday is today is tomorrow - sort of

oh well that explains it

Borris was outside at the time 

but she cane home quite unfazed about 30 min latter looking for afternoon tea 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AMIW said:

A lesser Aussie would at this point make a joke along the lines of "you should see what NZ peeps do to their sheep", but us Bruce locing Aussies are better than that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bosstralian said:

A lesser Aussie would at this point make a joke along the lines of "you should see what NZ peeps do to their sheep", but us Bruce locing Aussies are better than that.

good neighbour/brother/friend 

the number of times I've almost posted something .....and then thought better of it 

• Like 2

It's all in good fun, Australians love NZ and I'm sure there's a Kiwi somewhere who likes us

• Like 3