Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

On 4 January 2017 at 4:14 PM, Me and Frank said:

It's getting closer... time to mount a concerted campaign?

cat-and-daisy.jpg

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Australia 99.8% covered by kitties!

http://time.com/4625659/australia-feral-cat-problem/

feral-cats-austrailia.jpg?quality=85&w=1

It's an omen! Momentum is building!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jukebox said:

PER Arena.jpg

I just saw this photo from Perth Arena on my facebook page feed, and thought the PER #1 pit queue had started....

I was there at the arena last night and can confirm that nobody left the final match early to get into the pit queue. Not long no wait now though - two weeks tonight:)

• Like 2

On 06/01/2017 at 8:13 AM, Humphrey B Bear said:

The only reason Perth 3 has tickets available is the promoters dropped more tickets recently to try and beat the scalpers.  They held these back for that reason.  I think you'll find those shows will be pretty full come showtime.

I also understand that AAMI 2 have sold more tickets than expected already.  Being a Saturday show, I expect it to be close to full on the day. Remember this is a stadium with 30,000 seats not counting the floor, so I expect capacity to be upwards of 40,000 for those shows.  No big deal if there are a few empty seats up the back.  It will be a big crowd and make everyone a lot of money.

This arrived in my inbox this week. The promotors are obviously trying to convert Roger Federer's excitable fans (who turned out in their thousands this week) into Bruce fans. Good strategy, given the slow ticket sales to this show. Hope it works; It wouldn't be right  to see empty seats. 

IMG_6062.PNG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

that's not far from where I work

people are mostly old and mean and  mental 

l live in Wellington (they want to limit households to 3 moggies and compulsory  microchip)

53 minutes ago, Junglelandish said:

This arrived in my inbox this week. The promotors are obviously trying to convert Roger Federer's excitable fans (who turned out in their thousands this week) into Bruce fans. Good strategy, given the slow ticket sales to this show. Hope it works; It wouldn't be right  to see empty seats. 

IMG_6062.PNG

what ever works to get those shows sold out

maximum bums on seats means a happy promoter and higher likelihood Bruce will come back 

• Like 3

out of interest what  was the original price for tickets ? Is $101.75 a big discount?

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

out of interest what  was the original price for tickets ? Is $101.75 a big discount?

They look to be B Reserve seats with a side view over the stage. They were $195, so nearly half price. A pretty good deal.

thanks - some of the yankee shows that didn't sell well saw behind the stage seats for about $50 about a third of the original price.particularly Oklahoma.

Sixty quid?

That is a giveaway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AMIW said:

Have to say I've been fairly shocked by the price of tickets for this tour. Average ticket price for my shows is €175/£155/$190US (mostly front GA). I thought we were ripped off in Ireland....... (Standing tickets were €110 last summer compared to €80 on continental Europe)

Obviously it's not going to stop me from loving each and every minute of my 8 shows down under but still, I'd say the golden egg laying goose might be jotting down its will..... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aussiek said:

Pretty much everything costs lots more here than in Europe and the US. 

kangaroo pizza is cheaper.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, aussiek said:

Pretty much everything costs lots more here than in Europe and the US. 

Yeah, I thought that the logistics and sheer distance would add to the cost but was genuinely stunned at the cost of shows, and that's coming from a resident of a country that has gone from (seriously fecking stupid) boom to seriously catastrophic bust in the last 15 years and is currently en route back to (even more seriously fecking stupid) boom, with no lessons learned whatsoever........ 

I remember looking at the prices last tour for the Aussie shows and being quite shocked that they seemed significantly dearer (to NZ tickets) without even taking into account the conversation of the dollar

I think they price the tickets to the market .

this time around my ticket is $50 dearer than last time

$50 in 3 years  ???

that's a 25% increase 

I tried googerling    inflation but it's way over my head but it seems inflation is very low in this country and in fact is now at its lowest since 1999 and the consumer price  thingy index was -.5 for the last quarter ???

Of course I blame the promoter !!!

didn't some of those US shows that didn't sell out have tickets going for as low as $40 at one stage

broke my heart 

well until we got our own tour anoucement  :D

look I'm. not complain about the ticket price

I know I'll get my money's worth

I know generally Australians get paid more than we do

I work for an Australian company and that reality is depressing 

but I would think our cost of living would be similar, swings and roundabouts 

maybe  roadies get really good wages in 'Oz ?

• Like 1

sorry something odd happened 

14 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I remember looking at the prices last tour for the Aussie shows and being quite shocked that they seemed significantly dearer (to NZ tickets) without even taking into account the conversation of the dollar

I think they price the tickets to the market .

this time around my ticket is $50 dearer than last time

$50 in 3 years  ???

that's a 25% increase 

I tried googerling    inflation but it's way over my head but it seems inflation is very low in this country and in fact is now at its lowest since 1999 and the consumer price  thingy index was -.5 for the last quarter ???

Of course I blame the promoter !!!

didn't some of those US shows that didn't sell out have tickets going for as low as $40 at one stage

broke my heart 

well until we got our own tour anoucement  :D

look I'm. not complain about the ticket price

I know I'll get my money's worth

I know generally Australians get paid more than we do

I work for an Australian company and that reality is depressing 

but I would think our cost of living would be similar, swings and roundabouts 

maybe  roadies get really good wages in 'Oz ?

Daisey - you're genuinely a genius of the right words at the right time. The key phrase there is "I know I'll get my moneys worth"......

I could not, repeat, could not, put a price on what Bruce and the band have given to me over the years. Memories aren't a commodity, they're intrinsic to who we are and who we'll be. 

A couple of hundred quid is a small price to pay for some more Bruce memories. And though my last post looked like I was moaning I wasn't, just an observation. I'm 39, Bruce is 67, this ride won't last forever so I see money spent now as a deposit on wonderful future memories. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Raced Off The Street said:

Daisey - you're genuinely a genius of the right words at the right time. The key phrase there is "I know I'll get my moneys worth"......

I could not, repeat, could not, put a price on what Bruce and the band have given to me over the years. Memories aren't a commodity, they're intrinsic to who we are and who we'll be. 

A couple of hundred quid is a small price to pay for some more Bruce memories. And though my last post looked like I was moaning I wasn't, just an observation. I'm 39, Bruce is 67, this ride won't last forever so I see money spent as a deposit on wonderful future memories. 

it didn't look like you were moaning 

I mean look how many times I've criticized the promoter of its treatment  of Christchurch over the last tours 

But faith is always rewarded when it's Bruce 

• Like 3

So the Adelaide Entertainment Centre showtime info has been released:

Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Car Park Open: 3.30pm
Ticket Office Open: 4pm
All Doors Open: 6.30pm
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND: 7.30pm
Venue Close: 11.30pm

FWIW - in 2014 the start time released was 8.00pm and the venue close was 11.00pm. At both shows he came on a bit after 8.00pm and finished about 11.15pm 

The fact that we have a 7.30 - 11.30 possibility has me excited to say the least.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, injuddstree said:

So the Adelaide Entertainment Centre showtime info has been released:

Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Car Park Open: 3.30pm
Ticket Office Open: 4pm
All Doors Open: 6.30pm
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND: 7.30pm
Venue Close: 11.30pm

FWIW - in 2014 the start time released was 8.00pm and the venue close was 11.00pm. At both shows he came on a bit after 8.00pm and finished about 11.15pm 

The fact that we have a 7.30 - 11.30 possibility has me excited to say the least.

The optimist in me is screaming, "Four hour shows!!!"

We can dream baby, dream!

• Like 3