Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

46 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Or puppy dogs. Just ask Johnny Depp

he was such a dork over that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

full river album 

I await you 

Well, we ARE expecting four hour shows, so, how about...

Opens with a generous assortment of Greetings and WIESS (side one) songs.

Followed by full River

Straight into full Darkness

Begin encores with WIESS side two

Thunder Road, BTR, Detroit Medley, Quarter To Three

Second encore, Jungleland, Rosalita.

You are welcome ;-)

• Like 5

Realised last week was 10 days before I take off on this grand tour again so started doing my top 10 (at the moment) Springsteen songs. So far we have:

10. Waitin' On a Sunny Day

9. The Rising

8. No Surrender

7. American Skin (41 Shots)

6. New York City Serenade

• Like 2

this exact time next week we will be an hour or so in to night one, all the way down here in little ol' Perth. 

Its going to be a long 7 days!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kev said:

this exact time next week we will be an hour or so in to night one, all the way down here in little ol' Perth. 

Its going to be a long 7 days!!!

the slv committee have been busted out of jail ready for the tour

1200.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Me and Frank said:

Well, we ARE expecting four hour shows, so, how about...

Opens with a generous assortment of Greetings and WIESS (side one) songs.

Followed by full River

Straight into full Darkness

Begin encores with WIESS side two

Thunder Road, BTR, Detroit Medley, Quarter To Three

Second encore, Jungleland, Rosalita.

You are welcome ;-)

You're not asking for much, are you?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AMIW said:

1200.jpg

Band Born to Run

• Like 1

Since Bruce has a bit more time in NZ, he can muster up some wld horses from the Kaimanawa for Jess

Image result for kaimanawa horses

he can even use a 'curly wurly' to do so

Although, one or two might not like to live in NJ

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mark V said:

isn't a curly wurly either

a) a chocolate bar

or

b ) part of the lyric to Blinded by the Light

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Junglelandish said:

You're not asking for much, are you?

Ha ha. You have to realise that this is a Night 2 set list! I wouldn't want to be greedy, you know. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark V said:

Since Bruce has a bit more time in NZ, he can muster up some wld horses from the Kaimanawa for Jess

Although, one or two might not like to live in NJ

This post reminds me of Melbourne 2013. I was on the floor.

At shows end as I was waiting for crowd to disburse I noticed two women, one quite elderly from recollection, sitting in quite nice sort of lounge chairs in the sound control area with all the techos.

I asked one of them what they were doing there. She said that, in 1985 just before the Born in the USA tour hit town, she had taken a call from Bruce's management. They wanted a number of horses available for the band and crew to be able to ride in the 'high country' (I am from Perth and don't know what this is or where it is!) and that they had called her as she was advertising in the yellow pages. From memory it was 50 or so horses. She accommodated Bruce and the band.

Every tour since then 1) the number of horses being requested has greatly increased! and 2) she gets two seats in the sound/light area to watch the show.

Great!

• Like 8

13 hours ago, AMIW said:

1200.jpg

Dracula doesn't like the light........

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ManWithNoName said:

Realised last week was 10 days before I take off on this grand tour again so started doing my top 10 (at the moment) Springsteen songs. So far we have:

10. Waitin' On a Sunny Day

9. The Rising

8. No Surrender

7. American Skin (41 Shots)

6. New York City Serenade

Realised I should put up some reasoning for these choices.

Waitin' on a Sunny Day
So many Springsteen fans don't like this song. They say it's overplayed, and simplistic, and cheesy. But honestly, shut up. It's fun. It gets EVERYONE singing along. It gives the concerts the great moment of a kid being able to sing on stage in front of everyone. It's just a highlight of every show. Stop overthinking everything. Just enjoy it.

The Rising
The story goes that a few days after 9/11, Bruce was on the street in NYC. Someone in a car rolled down their window and told him "We need you now". That led to the album that became The Rising. One of the images of 9/11 that Bruce couldn't let go of was the firefighters "ascending into...what?". That became the theme the title song was built around. And it became an instant classic and a live staple. Love it every time.

No Surrender
"We learnt more from a three minute record, than we ever learned in school"

American Skin (41 Shots)
When this song was released in 2000, it generated huge controversy. People were angry. The song was incredibly relevant to America at the time. The death of Amadou Diallo was all over the news. 17 years on, the song is sadly still relevant. Sadly, it still makes people angry. And it's still controversial. And that's why it still matters.

New York City Serenade
Just so, so good. The fact he wrote a song like this, as young as he was. Just amazing.

#5 - Light of Day
Yes, Joan Jett originally did it. But he wrote it. And it rocks. Between the guitar solos, the screamed vocals, Bruce and Stevie battling it out. It's just such a damn cool rock and roll song.

• Like 1

Save Kitty's Back for those of us that love her Bruce 

1 hour ago, ManWithNoName said:

Realised I should put up some reasoning for these choices.

Waitin' on a Sunny Day
So many Springsteen fans don't like this song. They say it's overplayed, and simplistic, and cheesy. But honestly, shut up. It's fun. It gets EVERYONE singing along. It gives the concerts the great moment of a kid being able to sing on stage in front of everyone. It's just a highlight of every show. Stop overthinking everything. Just enjoy it.

The Rising
The story goes that a few days after 9/11, Bruce was on the street in NYC. Someone in a car rolled down their window and told him "We need you now". That led to the album that became The Rising. One of the images of 9/11 that Bruce couldn't let go of was the firefighters "ascending into...what?". That became the theme the title song was built around. And it became an instant classic and a live staple. Love it every time.

No Surrender
"We learnt more from a three minute record, than we ever learned in school"

American Skin (41 Shots)
When this song was released in 2000, it generated huge controversy. People were angry. The song was incredibly relevant to America at the time. The death of Amadou Diallo was all over the news. 17 years on, the song is sadly still relevant. Sadly, it still makes people angry. And it's still controversial. And that's why it still matters.

New York City Serenade
Just so, so good. The fact he wrote a song like this, as young as he was. Just amazing.

#5 - Light of Day
Yes, Joan Jett originally did it. But he wrote it. And it rocks. Between the guitar solos, the screamed vocals, Bruce and Stevie battling it out. It's just such a damn cool rock and roll song.

This post represents to me why Springsteen's canon is so impressive.  I don't care much for any of these songs particularly, but I completely understand why and appreciate that you love them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

This post represents to me why Springsteen's canon is so impressive.  I don't care much for any of these songs particularly, but I completely understand why and appreciate that you love them.

I speak as someone who has mostly experienced him live. I saw him live for the first time knowing only ~5 songs total. I got into him after that watching the Hyde Park bluray. I've still heard probably less than half of the studio albums but seen him live 13 times. So I'm certainly coming at it from a different angle to most on here I'm sure. But that's half the fun of something subjective like music.

• Like 2

If you could be guaranteed one song what would it be?

I've heard most of my favourites - Jungleland, Backstreets, Incident, Rosie, Lost in the Flood...

The one I'm after is Hard to be a Saint in the City.

prove it all night with the 78 intro

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ozboss1999 said:

If you could be guaranteed one song what would it be?

I've heard most of my favourites - Jungleland, Backstreets, Incident, Rosie, Lost in the Flood...

The one I'm after is Hard to be a Saint in the City.

That I've not heard?

Secret Garden. Or them doing Jailhouse Rock. That'd be seriously cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

prove it all night with the 78 intro

I love your consistency, Daisy!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Me and Frank said:

Ha ha. You have to realise that this is a Night 2 set list! I wouldn't want to be greedy, you know. 

So, the full BTR is Night 1 then, I presume? That means I'd get Jungleland both nights. Happy with that, thanks. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Junglelandish said:

So, the full BTR is Night 1 then, I presume? That means I'd get Jungleland both nights. Happy with that, thanks. 

I've been lucky enough to have had a full BTR (and full BITUSA) last tour. It was brilliant, so hopefully you will get the chance too!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Me and Frank said:

I've been lucky enough to have had a full BTR (and full BITUSA) last tour. It was brilliant, so hopefully you will get the chance too!

I was lucky enough to enjoy BTR and BITUSA in Melbourne in 2014, plus Darkness in Sydney. Very spoilt, but I'm greedy. 

• Like 1