Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

I'm dying for darkness with a long kitty to follow but in chch we will have fans looking forward to DITD and BitUSA 

I hope the tour is a continuation of the river tour 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ManWithNoName said:

No Surrender

"We learnt more from a three minute record, than we ever learned in school"

I was almost late for the first day of grade 13, (last year in high school), because I kept replaying this song over and over, just for this line!

(I actually learned a lot in school. :P )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

I was almost late for the first day of grade 13, (last year in high school), because I kept replaying this song over and over, just for this line!

(I actually learned a lot in school. :P )

Really close friend of mine (sadly no longer with us) who was a big Bruce fan and a teacher loved this song and I always think of him when I hear it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, PK145 said:

Long time lurker but waiting to fly out from London to Perth getting excited for the shows. I'm hoping that with a three night stand we might get a full River on one of the nights. I was lucky enough to be in Brisbane 2014 so will have to go a long way to surpass that show! 

Welcome, safe travels and have fun. It's going to be very interesting following the first few set lists.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Welcome, safe travels and have fun. It's going to be very interesting following the first few set lists.

and the last couple

and all the ones in between :lol:

• Like 3

Incident in Adelaide. That is all, everything else would be a bonus.

(Although I haven't heard No Surrender live since 2003 despite 4 shows since then.... No Surrender being one of the reasons I started on this Bruce journey would be good).

But at one show only this time around it will be a Bruce lucky dip I guess...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bosstralian said:

Incident in Adelaide. That is all, everything else would be a bonus.

100% agree! I'm heading to Adelaidefor this one, so I hope we both get that one very special bucket-list song!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PK145 said:

Long time lurker but waiting to fly out from London to Perth getting excited for the shows. I'm hoping that with a three night stand we might get a full River on one of the nights. I was lucky enough to be in Brisbane 2014 so will have to go a long way to surpass that show! 

Welcome to the Lake, and may I be the first to say... you lucky bastard!

• Like 8

18 hours ago, ManWithNoName said:

I speak as someone who has mostly experienced him live. I saw him live for the first time knowing only ~5 songs total. I got into him after that watching the Hyde Park bluray. I've still heard probably less than half of the studio albums but seen him live 13 times. So I'm certainly coming at it from a different angle to most on here I'm sure. But that's half the fun of something subjective like music.

Absolutely.  There is no incorrect answer to a question about your favourite songs.  You're lucky - you have lots of great (and some not so great) music to familiarise yourself with.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Junglelandish said:

I was lucky enough to enjoy BTR and BITUSA in Melbourne in 2014, plus Darkness in Sydney. Very spoilt, but I'm greedy. 

Me too.  But I also got a full WIESS in Brissie and another BTR and BITUSA in Auckland.  So I'm looking for a full River show this tour. 

If I could have one song, I'd go for Clampdown. Coma Girl is probably too much to ask for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PK145 said:

I hope you get your wish.  For purely selfish reasons.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PK145 said:

Travel safely mate. Welcome to my hometown! And, yep, a full River would be fine by me!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, PK145 said:

Good luck with the jet lag! When are you arriving? Don't bother with a scarf or wellies.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, PK145 said:

Welcome to The Lake. :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PK145 said:

Welcome to the Lake, keep on posting, nothing but fun here.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tie that bind said:

Welcome to the lake and enjoy  hopefully we will be there with you following the SLV.

I think I'll be just getting to work when the show first starts. or maybe a few songs in. But Andrew will have that figured out by than.

Are we getting excited or nervous yet? less than a week away now?  

I think that the first song of the first show may set the tone for the whole tour.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Are we getting excited or nervous yet? less than a week away now?  

I think that the first song of the first show may set the tone for the whole tour.

I've got Bruce Fever.

Summer's here and the time is right

For racin' in the street

B)

• Like 5

It is Wednesday in perth - some people have already been spotted at the Arena

hercule-poirot.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I think I'll be just getting to work when the show first starts. or maybe a few songs in. But Andrew will have that figured out by than.

I just checked the World Clock. Perth is 13 hours ahead of me. That means an early rise on Sunday morning. I think.

3 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

I just checked the World Clock. Perth is 13 hours ahead of me. That means an early rise on Sunday morning. I think.

And what time zone are you in? Central/Eastern?

2 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Perth I think is 4 hours behind me 

but I'm sure Andrew will have it all figured out 

• Like 1