Greasy Lake Community

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

On 9 August 2016 at 8:45 PM, Ann Jones said:

I dislike U2, but from what I hear that show was pretty special and I really think Bruce needs to change things now and do something more like that. Maybe he will do stadiums in Aus and NZ, but then do something really different......

It was a spectacular show to see. Saw it at Madison Square Gardens in NYC. But whilst the band created a great visual show, the sound was bloody disgraceful. Too loud when rocking and too bloody soft when mellow. Everyone in my area, at the end of the runway, one block off centre, was leaning forward trying to hear anything when they were playing softer songs. Odd.

3 hours ago, Gartloney Rat said:

Triple M in Brisbane are announcing "the concert event of 2017" at 08:00 on Wednesday could this be related to the Bruce tour? They have been giving away tickets for it all day without revealing who the artist is. Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Or could it be this .... They are saying the 17th for gnr's anouncement too!  

image.jpeg

Triple M logo on the left of that billboard does suggest the two may be linked. Although you would expect Triple M to be the radio network associated with any Bruce tour also

38 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Triple M logo on the left of that billboard does suggest the two may be linked. Although you would expect Triple M to be the radio network associated with any Bruce tour also

I really hope people from downunder get their Bruce show(s). That being said, I'm really looking forward for that G'N'R tour next year.

• Like 2

The 2014 tour was announced on Aug 15 so if there is going to be an announcement it should be any day. Rumours are still strong so fingers crossed

the Japan rumour is very interesting, a few years back there were rumours of a Japan festival from one of the roadies so maybe time to resurrect that idea? 

• Like 1

our union settled with the company 

it took over a year and we are only getting 6 months back pay but it's the best we could do

now would be a really good time to buy tickets before bills start to swallow up the money (our fridge has just desided it's on its last legs :angry:)

The "Rumour File" segment of a local radio station here claimed Bruce would be the featured entertainment at this year's A.F.L. Grand Final, ie the Aussie rules footy "Super Bowl"

Treat this one with great suspicion and doubt for any number of reasons. For example:

• whilst the October 1st date is after the US return tour ends, it would seem strange to come all the way for a one-off when he is supposedly coming for a real tour in Feb/March
  • the AFL doesn't have a proud track record when it comes to Grand Final entertainment (Google: AFL Grand Final Meatloaf and you'll see what I mean!) I can't see the type of staging Bruce had at the Super Bowl being remotely possible at the MCG where the performer usually has a 10-15 minute spot before the game and a free-admission concert after the game. (Which would be great, of course! Just an unlikely fit for Bruce)
  • why would Bruce play an Aussie Rules game (as much as I love the game and hope by beloved Geelong are there playing on the big day!!) Apart from the Super Bowl he hasn't been tempted to play at any other significant sporting events he probable gets offered every year. I know he loves us down under, but is he a closet footy fanatic?
  • his appearance fee would probably be roughly equal to the total cost of the past 10 years worth of performers (Tom Jones+Ed Sheeran+Chris Isaak+Ellie Goulding+Bryan Adams+Olivia Newton John+Meatloaf + etc, etc) 

Anyway, that's the rumour :wacko:

6 hours ago, Me and Frank said:

The "Rumour File" segment of a local radio station here claimed Bruce would be the featured entertainment at this year's A.F.L. Grand Final, ie the Aussie rules footy "Super Bowl"

Treat this one with great suspicion and doubt for any number of reasons. For example:

• whilst the October 1st date is after the US return tour ends, it would seem strange to come all the way for a one-off when he is supposedly coming for a real tour in Feb/March
  • the AFL doesn't have a proud track record when it comes to Grand Final entertainment (Google: AFL Grand Final Meatloaf and you'll see what I mean!) I can't see the type of staging Bruce had at the Super Bowl being remotely possible at the MCG where the performer usually has a 10-15 minute spot before the game and a free-admission concert after the game. (Which would be great, of course! Just an unlikely fit for Bruce)
  • why would Bruce play an Aussie Rules game (as much as I love the game and hope by beloved Geelong are there playing on the big day!!) Apart from the Super Bowl he hasn't been tempted to play at any other significant sporting events he probable gets offered every year. I know he loves us down under, but is he a closet footy fanatic?
  • his appearance fee would probably be roughly equal to the total cost of the past 10 years worth of performers (Tom Jones+Ed Sheeran+Chris Isaak+Ellie Goulding+Bryan Adams+Olivia Newton John+Meatloaf + etc, etc) 

Anyway, that's the rumour :wacko:

Add the fact this rumour resurrects itself almost every year and is yet to come true.

Meatloaf at the AFL GF.... there are no words. I've posted that video a few times on The Lake previously when the Meat's declining vocal faculties have been discussed.

The fact that his performance has become the measuring stick for the quality of any televised musical performance in this country says it all. As in "yeah, the dog howling along to that Justin Bieber song last night on Australia's Got Talent was bad, but it was no Meatloaf at the GF".

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Add the fact this rumour resurrects itself almost every year and is yet to come true.

Correct. I've heard the same rumour many times too. You wonder, "could it really happen?" And then they announce Lionel Ritchie. :P

• Like 1

O/T i know but im sooooooo ready for GnR in EU next year..!!!!!

Now the Oz & Japan dates are live EU we will be next...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where you at..?? Im in the jungle baby...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21st Jan Osaka
28/29th Jan Tokyo 

Feb 7th Brisbane
Feb 10th Sydney
Feb 14th Melbourne 
Feb 18th Adelaide
Feb 21st Perth

g

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Me and Frank said:

Rumour Update: The radio station contacted JLM. Quote: "we can not confirm or deny"

It's on! If it weren't they'd just say it's a crap rumour and that's the end of it.

does this have to be an E Street tour? Could it be the start of a solo or stripped down tour?

• Like 1