Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Let put the "Drone at man city game" away.

http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/08/04/gabriel-jesus-brazil-south-africa/1470340243568

My Team signed Gabriel Jesus today. Don't know much about him, but sound good, young and fast. Exactly what we need.

I don't think so :lol:

14 hours ago, AMIW said:

Jesus is staying in Brazil though....

Just until after the Olympics' right?  

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Just until after the Olympics' right?  

Not unless the Olympic games last until december ;)  the end of the Brazilian season.

Just now, newcastle roy said:

Not unless the Olympic games last until december ;)  the end of the Brazilian season.

Sorry but I must have misread this somewhere. Thanks for the correct info.

Just now, Jimmy James said:

Sorry but I must have misread this somewhere. Thanks for the correct info.

He does look a very good player tbf

man city to play steaua Bucharest in the champions league on 16/17 and 23/24 of august

16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Let put the "Drone at man city game" away.

http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/08/04/gabriel-jesus-brazil-south-africa/1470340243568

My Team signed Gabriel Jesus today. Don't know much about him, but sound good, young and fast. Exactly what we need.

Do you mean like Raheem Stirling was supposed to be? :)

Kind of yeah, what a bust he has turned out to be. He may simple not play this year until maybe the FA Cup starts?

17 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

He does look a very good player tbf

He is! Barça tried to get him and I would have loved to have him. But for Barça it is impossible to sign a striker at the moment. The curse of having Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

well he is one of the top 3 English centre-halfs :rolleyes: alongside Smalling and Cahill but where would he rank if he were French?

they took Umtiti, Koscienly, Mangala and Rami to the Euros and left at home injured  Sakho, Varane, Mattieu and Varane all of whom could be said to better than him

related to John Stones - Man City took ZERO centre halves to Sweden for todays game against Arsenal  - obviously taking a page from Klopps book on playing without full backs but none of Kompany, Otamendi or Mangala travelled - Fernando and Kolarov apparently playing there.

and they named their Champions league Squad - Europe is weird in that the young players have to be named unlike the premier league so Iheanacho and Sane  count as foreign

so they had to cut not just the 3 for the premier league

they actually left out 7

company and gundogan (injured)

bony, nasri, mangala,

zuccullini (?) and zinchenko (under 21)

So there's Kompany Mangala, Otomedi and Stones. Nice four but who'll play? someone is going to be pissed everyday.

At least into the first 5 minutes of the first match Kompany plays, then he'll be out for six weeks.

well its probably otamendi and stones (and kompany when he is fit) as Mangala would seem to be one of the players who will be prised out of their comfy chairs and forced to

take their services somewhere else in the next couple of weeks

I hope the "Pep years"..or season, gets of to a thumping Premier league record win tomorrow.

9 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I hope the "Pep years"..or season, gets of to a thumping Premier league record win tomorrow.

I hope so too. But I like to bet on possible upsets and somehow I have the feeling this could be the one. I'll go for Sunderland and Liverpool getting at least a draw this weekend.

rather unconvincing victory over Sunderland... Hart dropped to the bench and Toure not to be seen at all even in the Stadium... still two weeks for Pep to sell players,,,,