Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

You gotta feel sorry for long-time fans when people like this take over your club.

Quote from long time City supporter. 

we’ve got the best owners in the world who’ve pumped money into the community and are still in the process of a total regeneration of the whole area around the stadium. They’ve used all local firms to do this regeneration and built wonderful amenities. There’s talk of a 20,000 seat arena in the next few years. Anyone slating this is ignorant or jealous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

Are you using @Daisey Jeep's spellchecker?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I believe this to be a useless stat, but interesting. 

Rodrigo had 196 touches against West Ham United tonight - the most by any player in a Premier League game since data became available in 2003.

Data was better in 1978

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I believe this to be a useless stat, but interesting. 

Rodrigo had 196 touches against West Ham United tonight - the most by any player in a Premier League game since data became available in 2003.

You are correct it means bugger all, anyone will tell you Quality over Quantity any time.;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Tidy little win.  Not a particularly brilliant game but 3 in the bag.

I had just finished watching. But I think it was total domination by City. LC only had two great counters chances and only chance by marching the ball down the field. 

Will City ever make another penalty? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What an absolute disgrace of a game for supposidly two of the best teams from TGLITW*, they should have just stretched a long net across the halfway line and called it a volleyball game, but at least they are both safe from relagation and can have another piece of the pie next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I had just finished watching. But I think it was total domination by City. LC only had two great counters chances and only chance by marching the ball down the field. 

Will City ever make another penalty? 

1) I got the sense that MC had another gear they could have dropped into if they needed it... but they didn't need it.  Hence I'd describe their performance as workman like.  Another day in the salt mines.  

2) I figure they will roughly about the time I'm eligible for social security. :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

What an absolute disgrace of a game for supposidly two of the best teams from TGLITW*, they should have just stretched a long net across the halfway line and called it a volleyball game, but at least they are both safe from relagation and can have another piece of the pie next season.

1125036718_oldmanyells.jpg.147a1d711ad647155363ed23fea688a5.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

A buddy of mine mention this yesterday, after seeing Man City's kit. Only our US fans will get this, with all that has happened the last few weeks.

nolanryanhoustonastrosrainbowjersey.jpg.f2d530f55139e679612df7832eb11654.jpg

 

 

_109012223_mancity_getty3.jpg

With the big difference that the Astros players were in it as well. You can't really blame the City players for what's going on there.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

With the big difference that the Astros players were in it as well. You can't really blame the City players for what's going on there.

Well they can can ask for less pay and a lesser transfer fee. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...