Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

10 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

You gotta feel sorry for long-time fans when people like this take over your club.

Quote from long time City supporter. 

we’ve got the best owners in the world who’ve pumped money into the community and are still in the process of a total regeneration of the whole area around the stadium. They’ve used all local firms to do this regeneration and built wonderful amenities. There’s talk of a 20,000 seat arena in the next few years. Anyone slating this is ignorant or jealous. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I believe this to be a useless stat, but interesting. 

Rodrigo had 196 touches against West Ham United tonight - the most by any player in a Premier League game since data became available in 2003.

Data was better in 1978

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I believe this to be a useless stat, but interesting. 

Rodrigo had 196 touches against West Ham United tonight - the most by any player in a Premier League game since data became available in 2003.

You are correct it means bugger all, anyone will tell you Quality over Quantity any time.;) 

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Tidy little win.  Not a particularly brilliant game but 3 in the bag.

I had just finished watching. But I think it was total domination by City. LC only had two great counters chances and only chance by marching the ball down the field. 

Will City ever make another penalty? 

What an absolute disgrace of a game for supposidly two of the best teams from TGLITW*, they should have just stretched a long net across the halfway line and called it a volleyball game, but at least they are both safe from relagation and can have another piece of the pie next season.

15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I had just finished watching. But I think it was total domination by City. LC only had two great counters chances and only chance by marching the ball down the field. 

Will City ever make another penalty? 

1) I got the sense that MC had another gear they could have dropped into if they needed it... but they didn't need it.  Hence I'd describe their performance as workman like.  Another day in the salt mines.  

2) I figure they will roughly about the time I'm eligible for social security. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

What an absolute disgrace of a game for supposidly two of the best teams from TGLITW*, they should have just stretched a long net across the halfway line and called it a volleyball game, but at least they are both safe from relagation and can have another piece of the pie next season.

1125036718_oldmanyells.jpg.147a1d711ad647155363ed23fea688a5.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

A buddy of mine mention this yesterday, after seeing Man City's kit. Only our US fans will get this, with all that has happened the last few weeks.

nolanryanhoustonastrosrainbowjersey.jpg.f2d530f55139e679612df7832eb11654.jpg

_109012223_mancity_getty3.jpg

With the big difference that the Astros players were in it as well. You can't really blame the City players for what's going on there.

• Haha 1