Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

a good story David Silva's prematurely born son leaves hospital   https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44133675

Posted Images

On 2/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, Perisic said:

Yo Pep let KDB take the penalties, my Fantasy team would appreciate that.

Did you score any points today? :P

Great decision by KDB to take that penalty. I really think it was his decision with the Captains ban on his arm.  

In a well deserved win for Man City the best man on the pitch tonight was the referee, he had a great game and is the best CL ref I have seen so far this season, second best man on the pitch was Jesus, he was eveywhere and worked his socks off and fully justified Pep picking him ahead of Sergio. Madrid are a pale shadow of the team they were without CR7.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola expects Aymeric Laporte to be out for "three weeks to a month" with a hamstring injury.

Laporte sustained the injury in Wednesday's 2-1 win over Real Madrid in the Champions League and will now miss the Carabao Cup final against Aston Villa on Sunday

Yep, got that on my FB feed this morning. Horrible how our clubs rush players back before truly ready. 

Not at all worried about League Cup and or Fa Cup this week. Should still win both with out LaPorte. And honestly the league has been won for sometime now, and shouldn't even equate into any of Pep's decisions. 

1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Why would you bench KDB in a cup final? I'd be pissed if I was him.

1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Why would you bench KDB in a cup final? I'd be pissed if I was him.

He is on now

So man city win the cup for the 3rd season in a row...

and the Europa league spot goes to the team finishing sixth in TGLITW

(irrespective of their euro ban if upheld 7th would qualify

37 minutes ago, AMIW said:

So man city win the cup for the 3rd season in a row...

and the Europa league spot goes to the team finishing sixth in TGLITW

(irrespective of their euro ban if upheld 7th would qualify

Well there is one piece of hardware in the cabinet so the season won't be totally devoid of results.  

My hatred for ESPN grows by the day however.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Sergio Aguero has now scored as many goals (253) for Manchester City as Wayne Rooney (253) for Manchester United.

I forgot to add this to the original statement. 

Sergio Aguero has achieve this in 193 fewer games.

Bravo wants to swap rainy Manchester for new yawk

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/02/claudio-bravo-considering-offer-to-join-new-york-city-in-the-summer

as well as steffen they have muric  grimshaw and rob green on the books but I can’t see they want 3 foreign goalies on the books even if the limit stays at 17 foreign players