Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

9 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City were always going to win that match comfortably. They are a better team than LFC. They lost their hunger for the league title, which is what happens. The PL is rarely retained, let alone won 3 times in a row. 

Unless, of course, you have a manager who is proven to be worth 25/26 points a season.

• Like 1

I’d disagree with that comment about City being a better side than Liverpool. They definitely play better football. No question about that.

The league answers the question about whether they are a better side this season. 

I don’t think it’s about hunger, they’re just not consistent enough defensively. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 4:15 AM, Captain Chaos said:

I’d disagree with that comment about City being a better side than Liverpool. They definitely play better football. No question about that.

The league answers the question about whether they are a better side this season. 

I don’t think it’s about hunger, they’re just not consistent enough defensively. 

On their day there is probably no better team playing football but as you say consistency matters.  Liverpool is an excellent team that generally speaking plays a very good game and even when they don't they play well enough to win.  That's it. really; no great mystery this season.  

Not even foden can save them...

Gap at the top back to 23 points:)

pep announces that John the donkey stones will play against newcastle

tv viewership worldwide especially in Scotland expect to increase

On 7/4/2020 at 9:15 AM, Captain Chaos said:

Not adequately replacing Kompany was always going to cause them a problem.

Though the cupboard isn't exactly overflowing with quality centre backs.

Liverpool will have the same situation whenever they have to replace Van Dijk.

30 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Not adequately replacing Kompany was always going to cause them a problem.

Though the cupboard isn't exactly overflowing with quality centre backs.

Liverpool will have the same situation whenever they have to replace Van Dijk.

Definitely a part of it.

Liverpool seem to be relying on creating future contingency plans rather than buy to replace so let’s see how that works for them. 

City appeal decision announced at 9.30am on Monday UK time. If it’s overturned you would expect the future threat of FFP to evaporate as meaningless. 

The 2 year ban currently imposed can either be upheld, overturned completely or reduced to one season only. 

Well that will make the highlight reel.

Another stroll in the park for those who are only the second best team in TGLITW:P

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 8:49 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

City appeal decision announced at 9.30am on Monday UK time. If it’s overturned you would expect the future threat of FFP to evaporate as meaningless. 

The 2 year ban currently imposed can either be upheld, overturned completely or reduced to one season only. 

A lot of noise on Twitter about them being completely exonerated and UEFA having to apologise. Man City were told on Friday evening.

2 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

A lot of noise on Twitter about them being completely exonerated and UEFA having to apologise. Man City were told on Friday evening.

That would not surprise me in the slightest. 

I suspect a large suitcase of money was delivered to UEFA in Geneva by an emirates airline rep

Spoiler

Well, what’s the point?
Man City’s spending will be chicken feed once Newcastle get going. 

Well obviously I'm pretty happy that MC will be playing in Europe next year but the salt...

The salt is glorious.  One gets the distinct impression a large number of MU supporters were really counting on UEFA to deal with one of their problems.  Sorry guys, you are just going to have to deal with that particular issue on the field.  

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Well obviously I'm pretty happy that MC will be playing in Europe next year but the salt...

The salt is glorious.  One gets the distinct impression a large number of MU supporters were really counting on UEFA to deal with one of their problems.  Sorry guys, you are just going to have to deal with that particular issue on the field.  

Any top half PL club banking on 5th place qualifying for the CL was naive at best. It was never likely to happen. 

34 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Any top half PL club banking on 5th place qualifying for the CL was naive at best. It was never likely to happen. 

5th will probably be a UCL spot - 'cuz either City will win the UCL this year, or Man U or Wolves will win the Europa Cup ;) 

3 hours ago, JimCT said:

5th will probably be a UCL spot - 'cuz either City will win the UCL this year, or Man U or Wolves will win the Europa Cup ;) 

Yep. Totally forgot about that.

Liverpool pot one - English champions 

City pot one - European champions

Utd - pot one - Europa champions

There’s going to be some big teams in pot 2 & 3

As the great man once said.."sooner or later boy, it all comes down to money..."

• Like 1