Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

29 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

I've seen players touch officials myself and it always makes me cringe.  I've never understood why they tolerate it.  That said its not the norm; it doesn't happen on every call.  In my view its a not so subtle attempt to sway the official by intimidation.  Like I said above - should be an automatic straight red.  

Oh, ok, I misunderstood your comment. You want the rule changed! I agree. When I first it happen, I thought all shit what's going to happen? Nothing, I said that is weird. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Oh, ok, I misunderstood your comment. You want the rule changed! I agree. When I first it happen, I thought all shit what's going to happen? Nothing, I said that is weird. 

Yeah, different sporting cultures and all that.  I get it.  But you know how it is; as an American you see someone touch an official and the gut reaction is "WTF?!".  Add in the particular present social context of a male player doing it to a female official and... not good.  Regarding the later point, if touching an official was an automatic sanction you solve the problem pretty easily.  

And again I agree with the automatic sanction! 

I don't know how to say this without pissing some off here. But I'll try. If females want to be officials in any major sport shouldn't they be expected to be treated the same as males? 

What would you rather see Aguero touch her on the arm and ask for an explanation nicely, as he did, or for him to get in her face and scream at her, as if he was a male?  

Fernandinho is facing four to six weeks out of action after suffering a leg injury in Wednesday's Champions League victory over Porto.

Pep Guardiola confirmed the midfielder's expected lay-off in his post-match news conference following City's 3-1 win.

It's going to be a long hard season, I believe still top 4. I don't see a championship this season, unless something special happens. Which I don't know what that maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Match today; Love the attacking squad, not so much the defending squad. 

Moraes

Walker, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko

De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden

Mahrez, Torres, Sterling

Walker, KDB, and Sterling play until half maybe? With LFC on Sunday. No?  

I was traveling yesterday when the match was on. I listened to the match on Sirius XM! Which I had never done before, kind of odd listening to a match in lieu of watching. For you Brits list is most likely like us over here listening to a Baseball game. 

Penalty given to Liverpool on Walker v Mane. The two announcers on that channel both said no way it was a penalty! Can I ask you guys if you believe it was or not. Now be honest you LFC fans! And the other penalty call the two announcers were split.  

6 hours ago, AMIW said:

Nathan ake injured ... man city do though have 250 million worth of centre backs still fit ... oh and John stones

No Aka injured, we have no Left back, again.

• Sad 1
On 11/11/2020 at 11:33 PM, Jimmy James said:

No Aka injured, we have no Left back, again.

And the entire Ukraine team is isolating in Switzerland after 3 team members test positive. Zinchenko likely to miss the Spurs game.

36 minutes ago, JimCT said:

And the entire Ukraine team is isolating in Switzerland after 3 team members test positive. Zinchenko likely to miss the Spurs game.

I think he's only played 1 match all season. We always have Mendy. :blink:

6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

can't believe he didnt want a new challenge say with @Born To Walk York City

Our Division is becoming a farce this season. More positive tests than a 1970s East Germany vs USSR weightlifting contest.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

ah buit JJs beloved Phil Foden might then get to start a game for your team

If he fancies a loan spell, we'll give him a chance. It worked for Nick Pope.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

ah buit JJs beloved Phil Foden might then get to start a game for your team

My Team, Club needs to make a decision on Phil, play him or let him go and get some money you have invested in him.