Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

41 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City will be 8 points clear tomorrow night

But only 5 point clear by Sunday night, or are you writing off your club already, against the mighty West Brom. 

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

Same games played after tomorrow though. 

Yeah, but we have our make up game mid week. I won't give up hope yet, like I did earlier this year. It was all about the Champions League at one point. 

Man City's women's team aren't doing too badly either.

If you think that there's no skill in women's football, watch the third goal which starts just before the 5 minute mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

If you think that there's no skill in women's football, watch the third goal which starts just before the 5 minute mark.

Once again a Scot excels in Manchester, as an aside they should add Foden to their squad, he would fit right in and maybe not have to spend so much time on the bench.

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Here's just the goal.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Once again a Scot excels in Manchester, as an aside they should add Foden to their squad, he would fit right in and maybe not have to spend so much time on the bench.

Well spotted dr oboogie

That second goal from Gundogan was just a nice scrappy bit of team football.  I really thought Sterling was going to lose possession there but he wiggled free somehow.  Not the prettiest goal by any means but they all count the same.   

Difficult month ahead but off to a good start.  I have to like where MC are sitting right now.

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

That second goal from Gundogan was just a nice scrappy bit of team football.  I really thought Sterling was going to lose possession there but he wiggled free somehow.  Not the prettiest goal by any means but they all count the same.   

Difficult month ahead but off to a good start.  I have to like where MC are sitting right now.

I’ll strongly disagree. The team play, the deft touch by Sterling, the first touch by Mr Whippy and quick finish was superb 

• Like 1