Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

45 minutes ago, robk1 said:

How are you lot feeling ahead of Sunday's match ??

Well in our prediction league here. I have City 2 United 0. That will be game, set, match and season! Hopefully, Holding thumb's!  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AMIW said:

i foresee a 0-0 draw with lots of penalty incidents and some sendings off... :D

The only chance for a decent game is an early MC goal.  Otherwise it will be 90 minutes of watching City trying to pry open a stubborn oyster.  I don't hold out much hope for an entertaining match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's the difference between a home game v an away game this year. Especially when you are talking about across town away match. Plain and simple United was better today away or at home. 

Well, look who's back in the starting line-up today. 

Can I ask a simple question? Is City the only club that has played two match's per week since the start of the season? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Can I ask a simple question? Is City the only club that has played two match's per week since the start of the season? 

No, I think Spurs have both played as many, or more. 11x Europa (more than UCL), 4x Carabao, 3x FA Cup, 27x EPL. = 45, and we have to catch up 2 EPL games

City are 29x EPL, 4x Carabao, 7x UCL, 3x FA Cup = 43

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, robk1 said:

You following the match ?

Wish i was there.....and i don't often think that

Yes, watched here at the office. Very exciting! Southampton really laid it on us the first 10 minutes. 

When the pandemic stopped footie this day last year there were calls to cancel the season with Liverpool 25 points ahead

This season with man city 17 points ahead there are no such calls to Stop Football now

:(

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 5:31 PM, Jimmy James said:

I think you will generally find that at the top level of the game, the more matches a team wins the more tournaments it gets to play in, and in turn the more matches a team wins in those tournaments the more matches it will get to play in a season.  I suppose you could call it the price of success, which I suspect most supporters of most football clubs would consider a price worth paying. 

• Like 1