Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

All doom and gloom for City every year, just to come to find out, they're still the best club in the league. That all try to find ways to try to fuck them with all this FFP stuff. 

The way I see it if City ever goes down for FFP, about eight other clubs across Europe does too. Please focus your energies towards Barca, Real, United and others. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Still don't know how I feel about this. But hey we at least have a back up for KDB! 

image.thumb.png.f1e866dd30ac193e1f87503a701695d5.png

And in that single post you have pretty much said all that needs to be said about the values of Manchester City FC; enabled by the power of its filthy oil money, characterised by its part in the setting up of the monopolistic European Super League, and effectively unhindered by any principles behind the so-called Financial Fair Play regime.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Archie Hunter said:

And in that single post you have pretty much said all that needs to be said about the values of Manchester City FC; enabled by the power of its filthy oil money, characterised by its part in the setting up of the monopolistic European Super League, and effectively unhindered by any principles behind the so-called Financial Fair Play regime.   

What the fuck are you bitchin about seems as your club is beefing up a lot on this sale! 

You better go look up the definition of FFP, from what I've read about the FFP is that it was put in place, so club's/teams couldn't over pay and never recoup that investment, putting that said club in danger of being insolvent. Do you really believe City's owners will ever be insolvent? 

14 minutes ago, Archie Hunter said:

image.png.2c211023ab339d38980576a5fecd8a24.png

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What the fuck are you bitchin about seems as your club is beefing up a lot on this sale! 

You better go look up the definition of FFP, from what I've read about the FFP is that it was put in place, so club's/teams couldn't over pay and never recoup that investment, putting that said club in danger of being insolvent. Do you really believe City's owners will ever be insolvent? 

What really grinds my gears about your original post is the sheer arrogance behind the tone of 'we don't really need this player, but we can get him, and we so we have.'  Of course City's owners will never be insolvent.  Who might imagine such a scenario, their power, financial, political etc, is beyond anyone's reach.  In a sense, my beef is personal to the Villa, since this is the fourth time since coming into their oil riches that Manchester City have been able to take unto themselves our best player and captain (Jack Grealish following in the footsteps of Fabian Delph, James Milner and Gareth Barry).   Your original post might suggest that Grealish may spend as much time warming the bench as did the other three, which remains to be seen.  Be that as it may, my concern is not in the main about the Villa, since the signings we have already made these last few weeks (Buendia, Bailey and Ings) means we have a far stronger and more balanced squad of players than we have had for some time; and so I don't worry about Grealish leaving, from a purely parochial perspective.

The future of English football generally is perhaps more of a concern, when a club like Manchester City is free to act in the way it does on the back of its foreign oil revenues (Harry Kane of course being the next man in line), and to the delight it would seem of its new found fan base.    

2 minutes ago, Archie Hunter said:

Manchester City is free to act in the way it does on the back of its foreign oil revenues

Isn't this what it's all about? You have said it several times now. 

Would you feel differently, if say, Man City was owned by a hedge fund group? 

What European Football needs to save itself is a salary cap and floor! Saves us all from these types of remarks. City is just working within the system. 

The thing that sort of puzzles me about the Grealish signing is that Pep normally likes his players to do a fair amount of work off the ball as part of his system and Grealish hasn't really been expected to do that historically.  Not saying he can't of course; he's a good player and a smart one.  

Maybe he intends to use him as a "super sub" when MC has gone a bit flat and needs a straw to stir the drink or wants to put the kill shot in to close out a game.  It will be interesting to watch how Pep uses him.  

• Like 1

The line up I see as for now will be 

Edison - Our Sweeper/not Keeper (weakest part of the club)  

Walker- Stones- Dias- Ake

Grealish- Rodri - KDB

Foden- Jesus - Sterling 

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Manchester City midfielders Kevin de Bruyne and Phil Foden will be "out for a while" because of injuries, says boss Pep Guardiola

Ok, so install Gunduan and Marhez :D

CITY XI: Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Ake, Mendy, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, Palmer, Mahrez, Edozie, Torres.

SUBS: Carson, Grealish, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Sandler, Couto, Doyle, Gomes, Knight.

kdb and foden injured

no ederson , sterling Laporte stones Jesus walker zinchenko yet

On 8/5/2021 at 9:11 PM, Archie Hunter said:

You can’t have FFP when the Arab money can buy the legal appeals system. 

• Haha 1

City could only afford £100M on Grealish because they recouped £60M in offloading players according to Pep. And there was me thinking the Glazers were the only owners of a Manchester club taking money out of the club. How dare the city owners do this to Pep. No wonder they can’t afford Kane. 

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

the Arab money

Wow, welcome to the 1970s.

Yes, I accept the literal definition of Man City's owners being from the Arabian peninsula but come on...