Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

I personally have not heard this name before and don't know a lot about him. 

Manchester City have joined the race for Dusan Vlahovic (21) and make an offer of €80M paid up front as well as 'easily achievable' bonuses.

The player is 'ready to say goodbye' to Fiorentina. The 'next few hours' are 'decisive', with the Serbian striker already in conversation with Manchester City. (SPORT)

image.png.0a3b9e0643c8477a026aba71fe19eeda.png

8 minutes ago, AMIW said:

do you have any open foreign player spots?

I'm not sure, but since you asked the questions, most likely not! I don't concern myself with such issues! :), Our money will buy us out of any problems! :D 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I personally have not heard this name before and don't know a lot about him. 

Manchester City have joined the race for Dusan Vlahovic (21) and make an offer of €80M paid up front as well as 'easily achievable' bonuses.

The player is 'ready to say goodbye' to Fiorentina. The 'next few hours' are 'decisive', with the Serbian striker already in conversation with Manchester City. (SPORT)

image.png.0a3b9e0643c8477a026aba71fe19eeda.png

Interesting.  Maybe they are seriously interested, maybe a way to turn the screws on Daniel Levy, maybe both.  He's young and certainly puts a lot of balls in the net for Fiorentina.  

• Like 1

Manchester City have signed left-back Oliver Tavenan (13), who they found playing Sunday League. Tavenan rejected the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool to join #ManCity.

image.thumb.png.e7229b62ec5aa7e0846692a3bcb0a275.png

Fuck Off Kane!! :)

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm not sure, but since you asked the questions, most likely not! I don't concern myself with such issues! :), Our money will buy us out of any problems! :D 

Somehow you have 3

15 foreigners, 7 english players

plus foden and Torres under 21

hiw on earth did that happen

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AMIW said:

Edible coffee cups and other weird food at man city this season

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/manchester-city-new-food-and-beverage-offerings-at-the-etihad-this-season-63764878

whilst spurs cancelled the cheese shop clearly man city aim to conquer the weird stuff

whar is wring with just a meat pie at halftime as god intended

What is a burrito than a spicy meat pie?

Pep Guardiola has said he plans to leave Manchester City when his current contract runs out in 2023.

The 50-year-old Spaniard, who joined City in 2016 and has won three Premier League titles, feels he will need a rest after seven years in charge. And the former Barcelona boss revealed his next ambition is to take charge of a national team.

“Next step will be a national team, if there is a possibility. A national team is the next step,’ he said at an XP Investimentos event, as reported by ESPN on Wednesday.

“After seven years on this team, I think I’m going to have a stop. I’m going to have to take a break, see what we’ve done. And in the process, I would like to train a South American (team), European, playing a Copa America, I want to have that experience.”

1 hour ago, DarknessandHope said:

Pep Guardiola has said he plans to leave Manchester City when his current contract runs out in 2023.

The 50-year-old Spaniard, who joined City in 2016 and has won three Premier League titles, feels he will need a rest after seven years in charge. And the former Barcelona boss revealed his next ambition is to take charge of a national team.

“Next step will be a national team, if there is a possibility. A national team is the next step,’ he said at an XP Investimentos event, as reported by ESPN on Wednesday.

“After seven years on this team, I think I’m going to have a stop. I’m going to have to take a break, see what we’ve done. And in the process, I would like to train a South American (team), European, playing a Copa America, I want to have that experience.”

Fair enough; seven years (if he makes it) is a long run and he probably will need a rest. 

I expect that rustling sound I heard today was all the "big name" coaches out there eyeing their contracts and picking them up to go through the fine print.  ;)

• Like 1

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, Cheshire police have said.

Mendy, 27, is due to appear in court on Friday and has been suspended by City pending an investigation.

The force said the charges relate to three complainants, over the age of 16, and are alleged to have happened between October last year and this month.

France international Mendy has been remanded in custody ahead of his appearance at Chester Magistrates' Court, police said.

A police spokesman said: "Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial."

Mendy joined City from Monaco in 2017 and has since been part of three Premier League title-winning squads, as well as lifting the English League Cup twice.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Been following Ronaldo possibility to City talk today! I don't know how I fell about that either!  

It's a strange one,it's like Messi has been taking all the headlines so Ronaldo is working on upstaging him.

He seems to be saying that Juve aren't good enough for him & Juve are saying they'll be happier with him gone.

Is he the player that City need? Would he fit in with how City play?

It's something that could end in success or tears if it happens.

It seems like it’s happening. If City don’t win the CL (and even better PSG or United knock them out) then it will be a regrettable move. No guarantee of the title either this season. Could affect City’s chances of landing Haaland as well? 

16 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, Cheshire police have said.

Mendy, 27, is due to appear in court on Friday and has been suspended by City pending an investigation.

The force said the charges relate to three complainants, over the age of 16, and are alleged to have happened between October last year and this month.

France international Mendy has been remanded in custody ahead of his appearance at Chester Magistrates' Court, police said.

A police spokesman said: "Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial."

Mendy joined City from Monaco in 2017 and has since been part of three Premier League title-winning squads, as well as lifting the English League Cup twice.

Maybe he can share a cell with the Everton player we aren't allowed to name even though everyone knows who it is.