Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

Man city only name 19 players.. why couldn’t they put a youngster on the bench, no Fernandinho

oh foden is back in his usual spot of course

update the bbc left him off but Fernandinho is sitting next to Phil

12 minutes ago, bdw said:

Pep feeling the pressure already? "If it's a problem for fans, I will step aside" when talking about the response to his comment about attendance levels at Man City's home games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58596728

I'm sure he'll be along later to explain that "step aside" means keep quiet rather than leave.

Yes, I find it a bit odd, that same pressure has been here all long. Should fans turn out in groves to see Wycombe on Tuesday night? 

I was very surprised to read that the crowd for the Norwich match at the start of the season was higher than for Wednesday's CL game. 

It sounds like there were practically no away fans on Wednesday which explains part of the shortfall.

Maybe they price CL tickets significantly higher and people thought that the first group game isn't that big a deal?

On 9/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, Jimmy James said:

Last 11 goals scored by 9 different players. Who needs a striker 

“I’ll take “Posts that didn’t age well” for $1,000,” Alex.”

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, AMIW said:

Hmmh :ph34r:

12 hours ago, JimCT said:

“I’ll take “Posts that didn’t age well” for $1,000,” Alex.”

I think these were just some friendly pokes. And good with that. But if you watched the match, it wouldn't have mattered if Lewandowski was playing in the middle for us.

Should have bought some new players?

Pep Guardiola is facing a mounting injury crisis with the fitness of Ilkay Gündogan, Rodri, Aymeric Laporte, John Stones and Oleksandr Zinchenko all in the balance as Manchester City enter a crucial three-match, eight-day period.

14 hours ago, AMIW said:

Should have bought some new players?

Pep Guardiola is facing a mounting injury crisis with the fitness of Ilkay Gündogan, Rodri, Aymeric Laporte, John Stones and Oleksandr Zinchenko all in the balance as Manchester City enter a crucial three-match, eight-day period.

New players?  They would have had to buy a whole team to cover that list.