Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

ae5804c1416b40d1a4ba6344a79d9e58.jpg

it was around this time last season that Man City imploded wasn't it? could it happen again???

Nasri out the door to Sevilla on loan

Bony to stoke on loan

Man City are down to 17 foreigners... I think they still have to leave out 2 or 3 players for the Champions League though, but they also now have  28 players out on loan so have entered Chelski territory

Bravo takes Harts spot in CL squad

Kompany and Gundogan would have to replace someone such as ..... - not sure when CL squad has to be named by

mangala off to Valencia on loan - man city have a very small squad now 16 foreign, 4 English qualified and 3 under 21s

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:11 PM, AMIW said:

ae5804c1416b40d1a4ba6344a79d9e58.jpg

it was around this time last season that Man City imploded wasn't it? could it happen again???

Don't think so, I really didn't think a manager could make a difference. But I don't think you'll see a collapse like last year, Pep in charge. IMO

Jason Denayer a Belgian international player but never in the frame at Man City joins the 10 centre backs at Sunderland on loan

A very small squad and European football - does anyone think Man City have cut too far?

Now, I don't know all the details like you do. But didn't they have to cut this deep to get to the homegrown player list for both league and CL?

they had to cut their foreign over 21s and they did that correctly

Secondly  they are well under the English quota so they didn't need to offload Hart and could have gone looking for other English qualified players

thirdly they could have increased the size of their squad with under 21s (whether English or foreign) so it is puzzling why they signed all those young players

and sent them on loan Moreno, Zinchenko etc they could have kept them

I don't have the final numbers yet but their squad (English + foreign + under 21s) is much smaller than Man U. chelski, Liverpool and Arsenal - a few injuries and they could be looking fragile.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AMIW said:

I don't have the final numbers yet but their squad (English + foreign + under 21s) is much smaller than Man U. chelski, Liverpool and Arsenal - a few injuries and they could be looking fragile.

It's risky, but when he was at Barça Pep liked to work with small squads. The difference probably was, that spanish regulation allowed him to call up youth players from Barça B for league and cup matches.

And this is why, I get most of all my information about Euro Football here, since I can't get it anywhere else.

So need to ask the question, so Pep can't pull from the youth players from the under 21's in this league?

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

And this is why, I get most of all my information about Euro Football here, since I can't get it anywhere else.

So need to ask the question, so Pep can't pull from the youth players from the under 21's in this league?

yes he can but he doesn't have many to choose from as he sent 30 out on loan!

• Like 1

Toure omitted from CL squad - everyone else is in as far as I can tell

for Prem League they annoiunced 20 players (16 foreign plus 4 homegrown) so they were actually one foreigner under there and could have kept or signed someone.

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Really?

Was there a Red Card given? No!

I haven't seen what happend. But if you rob a bank and get away without being arrested on the scene, doesn't mean you can't get arrested the day after.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Really?

Was there a Red Card given? No!

So why the ban? Look to me that Reid was jumping to head a ball and hit Agureo's elbow? :D 

Those pesky blokes at the FA have a telly it seems.

• Like 1

Very impressive first half by City. 

And though it was entertaining to watch, both coaches must have hated the second half.

Man U should have been awarded a PK. our keeper today was terrible. The goal was his fault. And a PK could have tied the match.

He would have had to find a place to hind if that would have happened. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Man U should have been awarded a PK. our keeper today was terrible. The goal was his fault.

60% Bravo, 40% Stones

I'm really having trouble seeing why Stones is rated so high. He could barely get into Everton's side last year and he hasn't been exactly stellar this year. For three years I've heard about his "potential," but doesn't he need to start realizing it one of these days?

Man city now even money to win the PL..to short for me

Man utd 4/1

Chelsea 4/1

Liverpool 12/1

Arsenal 12/1

Spurs 16/1

The champions Leicester 25/1

7 hours ago, AMIW said:

Bravo looks a good buy :o

He is!

But some english commentator already detected his problem: players in England go into the box. I didn't know that each and every goal scored in the history of spanish football had been scored from outside the box. Boy, this Premier League is really something. ;)

9 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Man city now even money to win the PL..to short for me

Man utd 4/1

Chelsea 4/1

Liverpool 12/1

Arsenal 12/1

Spurs 16/1

The champions Leicester 25/1

You are of course correct again Roy...it is all over bar the shouting, at least it took till mid September this season.;)

52 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

He is!

But some english commentator already detected his problem: players in England go into the box. I didn't know that each and every goal scored in the history of spanish football had been scored from outside the box. Boy, this Premier League is really something. ;)

Leo,Leo stop it please you will confuse them, do not destroy the myth of the broadcaster, you are in danger of letting then see it for what it is, and not how the broadcaster wants them to see it.