Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Perisic said:

Not a good performance yesterday but I do like their new badge.

I could pull a Busstop reaction and say............but.but.but we are going to win the league!!

As the day and evening went on yesterday, I just keep on feeling that not winning the CL will be a failed season. I know how stupid that sounds but it's just my feelings right now.

21 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I could pull a Busstop reaction and say............but.but.but we are going to win the league!!

As the day and evening went on yesterday, I just keep on feeling that not winning the CL will be a failed season. I know how stupid that sounds but it's just my feelings right now.

City should be happy with the PL and the league cup. The quadruple, which was talked up as being “on” just a few weeks ago, was never going to happen. 

They are deserved champions this season, but the best in premier league history they most certainly are not. Which, for a club that has spent 5 seasons not even in the premier league, is nothing to be ashamed of. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

They still could. If city get a goal or two early, LFC could easily crumble on Tuesday night. 

I believe you got your horrible lot, wrong there. But it was funny.

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

They still could. If city get a goal or two early, LFC could easily crumble on Tuesday night. 

Bloody hell, not like you to manufacture a reference to Liverpool!

You were so quiet about them the other night I thought the therapy had worked!

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Bloody hell, not like you to manufacture a reference to Liverpool!

You were so quiet about them the other night I thought the therapy had worked!

Sorry I just assumed, that as a Tranmere fan, you knew what a horrible lot City were playing midweek. 

another bizarre team selection by Pep - Walker dropped - danilo and delph at full back

and no kevin de bruyne in team, stones and zinchenko not even in the comfy chairs

hmmh

7 minutes ago, AMIW said:

ping JJ - sterling is crap :P 

Crap might be too strong...he did have a purple patch early on in thevseason, but why is he so poor ?