Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

54 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Leo,Leo stop it please you will confuse them, do not destroy the myth of the broadcaster, you are in danger of letting then see it for what it is, and not how the broadcaster wants them to see it.

I know, I'm just getting a little sick of their bullshit. Just market it as what it is: a great football league, with lots of speed and intensity, up and down, lots of goals... But they should stop embarrassing themselves.

8 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

I know, I'm just getting a little sick of their bullshit. Just market it as what it is: a great football league, with lots of speed and intensity, up and down, lots of goals... But they should stop embarrassing themselves.

So far It is the Joe Hart situation that has driven it all this season, the drivel spoken, over a really dodgy keeper, and how great he is was pretty awful stuff, I had thought that now he was off to Italy it would die down and there would be more reasoned and sensible discussion, however as the dodgy one is/was first choice international keeper I do not think they will let it die, certainly not before Xmas now.

12 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Man city now even money to win the PL..to short for me

Man utd 4/1

Chelsea 4/1

Liverpool 12/1

Arsenal 12/1

Spurs 16/1

The champions Leicester 25/1

I think on this thread in September last year we were told the season was over and city had won it , mmm how did that go 

It came from the land where men wear skirts by the way ?

Summer in Manchester

tweet-775754492881072128-2.jpg

oh and a lightning strike has apparently taken out the Tram network!!!!!!!!

its almost as if Mikey was visiting!!!!!!!!!!

Thousands of Germans in the stadium, almost no Man City fans

MATCH ABANDONED

the funniest bit was that the German supporters had arrived some 6 hours before the game, the man city fans were either still at work or partying in the town centre.... with the tram network being down they have no way back into town or out to the airport

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Is there a date for this match?

fifa says the teams have 2 hours to agree on a date so something should be out any minute, and it is ...TOMORROW

the germans wanted it played at lunchtime so their fans could see it before flying home but city refused and it is 745pm

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

well that's another interesting bit in that it says the teams have 2 hours to agree on a date so something should be out any minute

Why not tomorrow? Other CL matches are played tomorrow, and they are in town just stay and play, No?

just updated my post as the news broke....

interestingly in southern England today it apparently was the HOTTEST day since 1911 !!!

drat game not on tv tomorrow - but maybe they'll change it - here is what I get

ESPN2 shows sevilla v juventus

FS2 real Madrid v sporting

FSS has Monaco v tottenham

9 hours ago, AMIW said:

drat game not on tv tomorrow - but maybe they'll change it - here is what I get

ESPN2 shows sevilla v juventus

FS2 real Madrid v sporting

FSS has Monaco v tottenham

Andrew, BT Sport showing the game live here in the UK

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Andrew, BT Sport showing the game live here in the UK

yep but here in the non Bruce wasteland part of the US we get 3 of the 8 (now 9) games on cable, some if not all of the rest of the games stream on the web so I could make an effort if it were Liverpool but since we have Bruce on tonight too I can't watch too much or I will zone out....

late change they have removed Spurs from the TV and put Man City on instead

what is the regional Fox network called in St Louis Midwest or Kansas City??? it is on there (still listed as Spurs on my guide)

ps did you know the Pacific Northwest , Illinois and most of NE have no regional network

http://www.foxsports.com/regions

21 minutes ago, AMIW said:

what is the regional Fox network called in St Louis Midwest or Kansas City??? it is on there (still listed as Spurs on my guide)

ps did you know the Pacific Northwest , Illinois and most of NE have no regional network

Shoot, I'm back at the office. So can't reset DVR. We are Fox Sports Midwest, but even those it maybe on else where, here there is a little game called the Cards and the Cubs that are on Fox Sports Midwest. Might be on a rebroadcast tonight? I'll check it out.

you said you were on AT&T uverse - well so am I and I have an App where I can access and send commands to my DVR from anywhere don't you have that ?

6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

you said you were on AT&T uverse - well so am I and I have an App where I can access and send commands to my DVR from anywhere don't you have that ?

Yes I could, if I was that advanced. But I'm not. Plus like I said the Cards and Cubs game is on Fox Sports Midwest right now.

If I wasn't at work I could maybe get it on a live feed on my phone. But still have work to do.

41 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Spurs were scheduled for rebroadcast tonight anyway so maybe the City match will be on.

Was out of town over the weekend, so I watch the Bournemouth match last night. Total dominance.

I think we will lose this year, but we won't lose to the bottom half of the table like so many times last year.