Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

congrats to Man City on keeping the score down against Barcelona....

• Like 1

Just now, AMIW said:

congrats to Man City on keeping the score down against Barcelona....

And Barça weren't even that good. A recovery session against the PL leaders. I wonder what Klopp is thinking about that?

Yep not ready for prime time yet.

And M-Gladback won today, we may have a hard time getting out of group?

12 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

The decision to get rid of Hart looks worse by the day. Bravo and Karius look two of the shakiest keepers in the Prem.

Men against boys last night, huge gulf in class, Citeh will still win their home league though.

Don't know about that?

I went into this season as what ever happens as for as trophy's go would be a plus. It's all about the future. Like next year future.  

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City in crisis, haven't won in last four games, shipping 10 goals in the process, Pep has lost his magic touch 

Isn't football wonderful? Just a couple of weeks ago United were finished and City already champions. Now City is going down. Two more weeks and it will be "Wenger Out!" again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Isn't football wonderful? Just a couple of weeks ago United were finished and City already champions. Now City is going down. Two more weeks and it will be "Wenger Out!" again...

Interesting to see Pep tetchy with the media, swivelling in his chair looking uncomfortable with questions asked of him and having to brag about the trophies he has won in the past to justify his approach....is he more like Jose than he realises! 

Nowhere near as bigger bellend as Jose and his teams play football.

A ten man City got dicked by the best side in the world. Any other week they end up 4 - 1 vs Everton. 

Any thoughts or their, or Peps, demise are wishful thinking to say the very least. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Interesting to see Pep tetchy with the media, swivelling in his chair looking uncomfortable with questions asked of him and having to brag about the trophies he has won in the past to justify his approach....is he more like Jose than he realises! 

They couldn't be more different.

What's funny is how many now ignore the fact that City bossed that game for long stretches. I don't remember the last side that controlled a game AT Barcelona like City did. Individual mistakes cost them. That's all.

People put too much emphasis on results, especially early in the season. Pep's in charge for less than 3 months but already goes to the Camp Nou and presses high up the pitch, makes arguably the best footballing side in the world resort to long balls, creates chances, more or at least as much as the home side... How will City look in a 3 or 4 months, with maybe another one of two players coming in? Rivals should be worried.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

What's funny is how many now ignore the fact that City bossed that game for long stretches. I don't remember the last side that controlled a game AT Barcelona like City did. Individual mistakes cost them. That's all.

People put too much emphasis on results, especially early in the season. Pep's in charge for less than 3 months but already goes to the Camp Nou and presses high up the pitch, makes arguably the best footballing side in the world resort to long balls, creates chances, more or at least as much as the home side... How will City look in a 3 or 4 months, with maybe another one of two players coming in? Rivals should be worried.

That's a very, very fair point Leo.

On 24/10/2016 at 1:27 AM, newcastle roy said:

Pep is under pressure now, man city havent won for yonks

I heard somewhere this is his longest stretch without a win at any club.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, LeoGetz said:

4 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

OK, Leo as I have said a dozen times or so here, I'm new to this, and sometimes I can't figure you Euro's out.

So is you first statement correct or second link? Or is the second link a tongue in cheek statement?

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, Leo as I have said a dozen times or so here, I'm new to this, and sometimes I can't figure you Euro's out.

So is you first statement correct or second link? Or is the second link a tongue in cheek statement?

Of course my statement is correct! What a question? ;-)

And yes, the article is pure sarcasm.

By the way, I would not be surprised if City beat Barça next week. 

• Like 1