Jump to content

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

Just now, AMIW said:

congrats to Man City on keeping the score down against Barcelona....

And Barça weren't even that good. A recovery session against the PL leaders. I wonder what Klopp is thinking about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

The decision to get rid of Hart looks worse by the day. Bravo and Karius look two of the shakiest keepers in the Prem.

Men against boys last night, huge gulf in class, Citeh will still win their home league though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City in crisis, haven't won in last four games, shipping 10 goals in the process, Pep has lost his magic touch 

Isn't football wonderful? Just a couple of weeks ago United were finished and City already champions. Now City is going down. Two more weeks and it will be "Wenger Out!" again...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Isn't football wonderful? Just a couple of weeks ago United were finished and City already champions. Now City is going down. Two more weeks and it will be "Wenger Out!" again...

Interesting to see Pep tetchy with the media, swivelling in his chair looking uncomfortable with questions asked of him and having to brag about the trophies he has won in the past to justify his approach....is he more like Jose than he realises! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Interesting to see Pep tetchy with the media, swivelling in his chair looking uncomfortable with questions asked of him and having to brag about the trophies he has won in the past to justify his approach....is he more like Jose than he realises! 

They couldn't be more different.

What's funny is how many now ignore the fact that City bossed that game for long stretches. I don't remember the last side that controlled a game AT Barcelona like City did. Individual mistakes cost them. That's all.

People put too much emphasis on results, especially early in the season. Pep's in charge for less than 3 months but already goes to the Camp Nou and presses high up the pitch, makes arguably the best footballing side in the world resort to long balls, creates chances, more or at least as much as the home side... How will City look in a 3 or 4 months, with maybe another one of two players coming in? Rivals should be worried.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

They couldn't be more different.

What's funny is how many now ignore the fact that City bossed that game for long stretches. I don't remember the last side that controlled a game AT Barcelona like City did. Individual mistakes cost them. That's all.

People put too much emphasis on results, especially early in the season. Pep's in charge for less than 3 months but already goes to the Camp Nou and presses high up the pitch, makes arguably the best footballing side in the world resort to long balls, creates chances, more or at least as much as the home side... How will City look in a 3 or 4 months, with maybe another one of two players coming in? Rivals should be worried.

That's a very, very fair point Leo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, LeoGetz said:

They couldn't be more different.

What's funny is how many now ignore the fact that City bossed that game for long stretches. I don't remember the last side that controlled a game AT Barcelona like City did. Individual mistakes cost them. That's all.

People put too much emphasis on results, especially early in the season. Pep's in charge for less than 3 months but already goes to the Camp Nou and presses high up the pitch, makes arguably the best footballing side in the world resort to long balls, creates chances, more or at least as much as the home side... How will City look in a 3 or 4 months, with maybe another one of two players coming in? Rivals should be worried.

 

4 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

OK, Leo as I have said a dozen times or so here, I'm new to this, and sometimes I can't figure you Euro's out.

So is you first statement correct or second link? Or is the second link a tongue in cheek statement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

 

OK, Leo as I have said a dozen times or so here, I'm new to this, and sometimes I can't figure you Euro's out.

So is you first statement correct or second link? Or is the second link a tongue in cheek statement?

Of course my statement is correct! What a question? ;-)

And yes, the article is pure sarcasm.

By the way, I would not be surprised if City beat Barça next week. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...