Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

I got up this morning and flipped on NBCS and saw "Match of the Week" was on - and would you believe it - it was MC - Liverpool.  I was a bit disappointed to recall there was no EPL action but Thursday's match was worth another look so I settled in to watch,  Then I noticed something odd about the City jerseys... turns out they are rebroadcasting last years Liverpool 3 -1 win.  All I can say is that's an odd programming choice; must be some sort of consolation prize for  Liverpool fans. 

Peeking at the other channels it looks like no soccer for me today which I find deeply annoying.

46 minutes ago, AMIW said:

everything is going pay streaming - fa cup this weekend and league cup in midweek :(

I am not paying to see Everton FC vs Gormless Gits United.  Unless of course I am paying for beer and it happens to be on in my local bar.

3 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

I am not paying to see Everton FC vs Gormless Gits United.  Unless of course I am paying for beer and it happens to be on in my local bar.

Yep, mattering on who City draws next, I might go down to the all soccer tavern in the city. And I might save the free trial offer that ESPN+ has until the finals of the league cup.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

I got up this morning and flipped on NBCS and saw "Match of the Week" was on - and would you believe it - it was MC - Liverpool.  I was a bit disappointed to recall there was no EPL action but Thursday's match was worth another look so I settled in to watch,  Then I noticed something odd about the City jerseys... turns out they are rebroadcasting last years Liverpool 3 -1 win.  All I can say is that's an odd programming choice; must be some sort of consolation prize for  Liverpool fans. 

Peeking at the other channels it looks like no soccer for me today which I find deeply annoying.

No games locally you can actually pitch up at?

37 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

No games locally you can actually pitch up at?

Sadly no.  College and MLS are done for the season.  I think there are some Latin American games this afternoon if I care to go to a bar but they will be crazy with NFL fans and I have to get a little work done tonight.

I'd forgot that the US season ran differently.

I'd encourage every football fan to eschew the overhyped, over funded, 'elite'  English/European leagues and get themselves along to their domestic games.

20 minutes ago, AMIW said:

diaz signs for real Madrid - note the Man Utd clause inserted into his contract

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46764171

Loved that clause, does that happen alot? 

If Diaz didn't sign with City because of playing time, what does he expect happen at Real.

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

My Boy should play today! And score two of the eight. 

oh no he doesn't should join real Madrid or Barcelona if he wants to play!

Eric Garcia gets a game at centre back after they had Phillipe Sandler there in the fa cup probably just putting these players in the shop window

10 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’ve noticed one or two empty seats tonight which is unusual for a cup semi final? 

Their playing Burton! 

BTW: When I win the lottery and buy season tickets to Man City matches, how does that work? I get season tickets for the Premier fixtures and all the other competitions also? Or do you have to pay extra for the other competitions? And if you have to pay extra do you still get your seats?