Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

6 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

As money is no object to Sheikh Mansour why not let under 18’s in for free just so they fill the seats up? They can’t all be empty seats due to season ticket holders staying at home. 

Will this make you happy?

https://www.givemesport.com/1465897-raheem-sterling-to-pay-for-550-kids-from-his-old-school-to-watch-man-city-v-brighton

14 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

That’s brilliant. The clubs global image would benefit though if their home premier league games (which are watched all over the world) were not littered with empty seats. I get that they can’t force local people to be city fans but they should encourage kids to go for free. 

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

zinchenko out injured - 3 of their 4 left backs out - how will they cope with such adversity

Since I'm down to just a phone now. My answers will be short and to the point. That's why you never have enough left backs.

20 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

That’s brilliant. The clubs global image would benefit though if their home premier league games (which are watched all over the world) were not littered with empty seats. I get that they can’t force local people to be city fans but they should encourage kids to go for free. 

Like Liverpool in the late 70`s/early 80`s, Chelsea in the 90`s and now Man City you can tell their "supporters" (glory hunters) by their age, they were either new to football at that time or at school growing up at that time and with no connectrion to any of the clubs just wanted to be on the side that was winning then.

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Like Liverpool in the late 70`s/early 80`s, Chelsea in the 90`s and now Man City you can tell their "supporters" (glory hunters) by their age, they were either new to football at that time or at school growing up at that time and with no connectrion to any of the clubs just wanted to be on the side that was winning then.

I’m glad you excluded united from that. The one thing I always find astonishing is when united were in the 2nd division in the 70’s, they still beat the home attendances of every top flight club, by some distance. 

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Inevitable city were going to slip up after winning 22 out of 23 games in all competitions. I’m sure Pep will get the right response at Palace on Sunday now. 

who was the last team to beat them ?

• Like 1

it is pitch black outside, cable signal dipped a time or two as the storms roll through feel like I can get a nap in before the Liverpool game starts as man city stroll up and down the aisles at Sainsburys FC

29 minutes ago, AMIW said:

it is pitch black outside, cable signal dipped a time or two as the storms roll through feel like I can get a nap in before the Liverpool game starts as man city stroll up and down the aisles at Sainsburys FC

This game should be 3 - 0 and put away.  If Zaha pulled a goal out of thin air MC would deserve it.