Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Who will these USA 'fans' of Man City support now City are out I wonder?   Who will their allegiances turn to next season?

 

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Exactly what was going through my mind, just who will these "fans" turn to now that the money men are out.

Two more points of note from last night, the ground was full for probably the first time since Bruce was there, and at times you could actually hear the fans and not just their sweetie papers rustling.

I'll be with my club "Man City" forever, will never change. But if you're just talking about the CL, I hope one of the two English teams win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Exactly what was going through my mind, just who will these "fans" turn to now that the money men are out.

Two more points of note from last night, the ground was full for probably the first time since Bruce was there, and at times you could actually hear the fans and not just their sweetie papers rustling.

I really don't care about overseas fans.

When I was growing up in the NE of Scotland, I used to get irked to fuck by the amount of cheeks fans....... hunners of the bastards.

Now kids are growing up all over Scotland as 'fans' of moneyball teams, a great many of them Citeh currently.

They can watch 'their team' pretty much weekly without leaving the house.

None of these types have heard of Franny Lee or Colin Bell, far less Bobby McDonald or Paul Futcher.

It's a horrendous state of affairs and one that needs addressed urgently.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I really don't care about overseas fans.

When I was growing up in the NE of Scotland, I used to get irked to fuck by the amount of cheeks fans....... hunners of the bastards.

Now kids are growing up all over Scotland as 'fans' of moneyball teams, a great many of them Citeh currently.

They can watch 'their team' pretty much weekly without leaving the house.

None of these types have heard of Franny Lee or Colin Bell, far less Bobby McDonald or Paul Futcher.

It's a horrendous state of affairs and one that needs addressed urgently.

 

What would your suggestion be? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

What would your suggestion be? 

It's a tough one (talking Scotland specifically).

Ticket pricing is a major one, it needs to be cheaper for everyone, particularly for kids.

Get them young, get them for life.....but when there's wall to wall English and European fitba on TV, it's a tough sell.

 

In short, I'm not sure.

When you have two organisations like the cheeks who see themselves as belonging at the 'top table' and think of everything in terms of their own, short term, pecuniary gain, it doesn't help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

It's a tough one (talking Scotland specifically).

Ticket pricing is a major one, it needs to be cheaper for everyone, particularly for kids.

Get them young, get them for life.....but when there's wall to wall English and European fitba on TV, it's a tough sell.

 

In short, I'm not sure.

When you have two organisations like the cheeks who see themselves as belonging at the 'top table' and think of everything in terms of their own, short term, pecuniary gain, it doesn't help.

The omnipresence of the PL is a major problem I agree but I have to say I’m amazed to hear that some of your boys are supporting PL sides over your own.

I think as much as anything that just highlights what a wank young generation of feckless, spineless, binary bellends are coming through. And that problem is far bigger than what team they support I’m afraid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I really don't care about overseas fans.

When I was growing up in the NE of Scotland, I used to get irked to fuck by the amount of cheeks fans....... hunners of the bastards.

Now kids are growing up all over Scotland as 'fans' of moneyball teams, a great many of them Citeh currently.

They can watch 'their team' pretty much weekly without leaving the house.

None of these types have heard of Franny Lee or Colin Bell, far less Bobby McDonald or Paul Futcher.

It's a horrendous state of affairs and one that needs addressed urgently.

 

agree, when i was a kid it was either York city or perhaps leeds,  live tv  is killing the smaller clubs, unless they have a sugar daddy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I really don't care about overseas fans.

When I was growing up in the NE of Scotland, I used to get irked to fuck by the amount of cheeks fans....... hunners of the bastards.

Now kids are growing up all over Scotland as 'fans' of moneyball teams, a great many of them Citeh currently.

They can watch 'their team' pretty much weekly without leaving the house.

None of these types have heard of Franny Lee or Colin Bell, far less Bobby McDonald or Paul Futcher.

It's a horrendous state of affairs and one that needs addressed urgently.

 

Kind of liking the NY Giants NFL Team right? So you can watch most all games? (someone will need to quote me so the rat can see this) 

I really don't need to defend my position on this, as all major sport team spend money, my team just happens to "Arab Money".  

But anyway, when I started loving this wonderful game on English/European Football, I picked a club that could win, yet not picking the most popular clubs in the world(States). Like United, Arsenal, Chelsea, LFC,  Madrid, Barca and PSG.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

The omnipresence of the PL is a major problem I agree but I have to say I’m amazed to hear that some of your boys are supporting PL sides over your own.

 

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

agree, when i was a kid it was either York city or perhaps leeds,  l

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.

 

Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I passed them.

 

They were local, well they had local accents, and I heard one of them say "Kane's out, Son's out but at least we'll have Deli Ali back".

 

I thought "fucking hell, Inverness Caley Thistle have been busy in the transfer market today".

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

 

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.

 

Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I passed them.

 

They were local, well they had local accents, and I heard one of them say "Kane's out, Son's out but at least we'll have Deli Ali back".

 

I thought "fucking hell, Inverness Caley Thistle have been busy in the transfer market today".

Brilliant 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to set the alarm on my phone last night and I get up and the match has already started. Running around the kitchen  trying to get my coffee and oatmeal together and keep an eye on the match. Inevitably I caught my (bare foot) on a table leg and I'm pretty sure I fractured a toe. 

Football is a cruel game...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

Forgot to set the alarm on my phone last night and I get up and the match has already started. Running around the kitchen  trying to get my coffee and oatmeal together and keep an eye on the match. Inevitably I caught my (bare foot) on a table leg and I'm pretty sure I fractured a toe. 

Football is a cruel game...

Sorry about the toe. Wife and I binged some Bosch last night, so I was thinking fast enough before going to bed to set the recorder. 

My boy gets a start and his first league goal. What a tense match. Spurs could should have won that match.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Perisic said:

Win at Old Trafford and it's theirs. 

That's my feeling though... on any given Sunday as they say.  Last Tuesday I told a friend of mine that the season comes down to three games in the space of a week.  Well we know how last Wednesday turned out.  So in truth, they have to win Wednesday to have a quality season.  Winning two cups (and the second is obviously not in the bag) would be a decent season for City but let's face it - it would be a bit disappointing.  OTOH winning the league and the EFL cup would be a solid result.  So to my thinking, MC has to go all out on Wednesday and set their line up, and play like, it's the last game of the season with everything on the line.  

The hell of it is there is every chance in the world Liverpool will finish with 93+ points and come in second which would be a minor travesty.  Both clubs have played well enough to win the league and it's going to be a shame for whichever team doesn't.  I said a couple of months ago I liked the Liverpool side and I appreciated the way they have been playing and I was (more or less :P) fine if they won the league and I still feel that way.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City will be nervous in the derby on Weds. Didn’t see the game today but apparently they were lucky not to concede a few goals again. If Rashford and Martial have a good night we could get at least a point. 

My guess is MU knows MC has to win which means they will go on the attack.  Spurs today provided a blueprint - sit back and try to get a goal on the counter.  Might well work too.  It should be a hell of a game - though these things have a habit of fizzling early.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Sorry about the toe. Wife and I binged some Bosch last night, so I was thinking fast enough before going to bed to set the recorder. 

My boy gets a start and his first league goal. What a tense match. Spurs could should have won that match.

No biggie about the toe.  It was pretty funny actually: woke up, looked around the room, picked up my phone and saw a score update and went "oh f***!" and ran out of the bedroom to flip on the tube.  I had inexplicably put the remote in the coffee table drawer and couldn't find it for a couple of minutes so I'm standing there bleary eyed in my BVDs swearing a blue streak.  Found it, got the game on and raced to the kitchen to make coffee.  Got a mug in my hand and saw Spurs were threatening and raced for the living room coffee in hand and.... "CRACK!!" hit the table leg, slopped coffee all over the floor and bellowed in pain.  Limped over to the couch and examined my toe while City to ball up the pitch and noticed those nasty dark lines on the side of the toe which told me I at the very least had cracked it <deep sigh>.  

Honestly... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Sorry about the toe. Wife and I binged some Bosch last night.

Can't wait to start season 5! Just read the book. Another great one by Michael Connelly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Can't wait to start season 5! Just read the book. Another great one by Michael Connelly.

 

15 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

I'll be binging that within the week. 

We have only gotten though the first two so far. Started Hanna last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City will be nervous in the derby on Weds. Didn’t see the game today but apparently they were lucky not to concede a few goals again. If Rashford and Martial have a good night we could get at least a point. 

After watching this performance this morning, so far end of half. May need to re-think this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...