Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years


Jimmy James
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, Patched Tube said:

My guess is MU knows MC has to win which means they will go on the attack.  Spurs today provided a blueprint - sit back and try to get a goal on the counter.  Might well work too.  It should be a hell of a game - though these things have a habit of fizzling early.  

After yesterday’s debacle from united it is clear that the season is over and the players are already on their holidays. A good few of them know they are on their way so I can now only see a comfortable city win. Ole should drop most of the first team squad and play the academy players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

After yesterday’s debacle from united it is clear that the season is over and the players are already on their holidays. A good few of them know they are on their way so I can now only see a comfortable city win. Ole should drop most of the first team squad and play the academy players. 

City 1 United 0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s mad really that it’s almost a toss of a coin situation that this City team under Pep could win 1 in 3 PL’s, and go no further than the last 16 and last 8 of the CL.

The hype they receive is off the scale for what they have really achieved. Yes they’ve won a few cups in the last 3 years but so have united and a couple of other teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

Pep brings on Sane, changes the game now 2-0 man city v man utd

massive moment in the season 

 

There has been some speculation about Sane and some flak directed towards Pep for not starting him more.  OTOH I do like him coming off the bench with fresh legs.  He certainly doesnt seem to get stale waiting for the call so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

Pep brings on Sane, changes the game now 2-0 man city v man utd

massive moment in the season 

 

It seemed when Sane came on the game moved at twice the speed for both clubs. Great move. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, robk1 said:

No....just the one. Looking good for the last two games though.

Gave it a good try but there you go.  I do think this was probably the most dangerous game of their last 3 but they can't overlook Leicester.  It shouldn't be a problem as long they keep their head in the game and take care of business.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It’s bizarre really but even if city lose one of the two games, they still win the title if wolves draw next Sunday. 

This is it tonight. There is no way both results will go in LFC’s favour on Sunday. 

Your guarantees don’t tend to come with much guarantee to be fair ha ha. 

City will win both matches. They’re just too good and will be for quite some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Your guarantees don’t tend to come with much guarantee to be fair ha ha. 

City will win both matches. They’re just too good and will be for quite some time.

I hope so. Whilst we re-build I want to see LFC’s greatest ever PL side win the same number of titles as United’s worst. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

I hope so. Whilst we re-build I want to see LFC’s greatest ever PL side win the same number of titles as United’s worst. :D

I think you’re safe.

Cant wait to hear the united faithful spend the last 90 minutes of a terrible season cheering on CITY!!! Unbelievable.

Another win/win weekend for the ABU!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

I think you’re safe.

Cant wait to hear the united faithful spend the last 90 minutes of a terrible season cheering on CITY!!! Unbelievable.

Another win/win weekend for the ABU!

I’m kinda enjoying this ABL actually so I get why you love being ABU! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

It’s great when when it’s great! Definitely a season for the ABU.

 

To be fair I’ve had one misery of seeing them lift the carling cup on penalties over Cardiff in 13 seasons, so it’s been a great time for the ABL’s too :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...