Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

On 4/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, Patched Tube said:

My guess is MU knows MC has to win which means they will go on the attack.  Spurs today provided a blueprint - sit back and try to get a goal on the counter.  Might well work too.  It should be a hell of a game - though these things have a habit of fizzling early.  

After yesterday’s debacle from united it is clear that the season is over and the players are already on their holidays. A good few of them know they are on their way so I can now only see a comfortable city win. Ole should drop most of the first team squad and play the academy players. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

After yesterday’s debacle from united it is clear that the season is over and the players are already on their holidays. A good few of them know they are on their way so I can now only see a comfortable city win. Ole should drop most of the first team squad and play the academy players. 

City 1 United 0

It’s mad really that it’s almost a toss of a coin situation that this City team under Pep could win 1 in 3 PL’s, and go no further than the last 16 and last 8 of the CL.

The hype they receive is off the scale for what they have really achieved. Yes they’ve won a few cups in the last 3 years but so have united and a couple of other teams. 

3 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Pep brings on Sane, changes the game now 2-0 man city v man utd

massive moment in the season 

Does this mean the drinks are on JJ?

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

There has been some speculation about Sane and some flak directed towards Pep for not starting him more.  OTOH I do like him coming off the bench with fresh legs.  He certainly doesnt seem to get stale waiting for the call so...

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

It seemed when Sane came on the game moved at twice the speed for both clubs. Great move. 

20 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Not quite yet. But maybe on Mother Day morning. 

If so I'll pick up half and @robk1 will pick up the other half. :D

Its a deal......let me know who is coming along

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, robk1 said:

No....just the one. Looking good for the last two games though.

Gave it a good try but there you go.  I do think this was probably the most dangerous game of their last 3 but they can't overlook Leicester.  It shouldn't be a problem as long they keep their head in the game and take care of business.   

10 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It’s bizarre really but even if city lose one of the two games, they still win the title if wolves draw next Sunday. 

This is it tonight. There is no way both results will go in LFC’s favour on Sunday. 

Your guarantees don’t tend to come with much guarantee to be fair ha ha. 

City will win both matches. They’re just too good and will be for quite some time.

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Your guarantees don’t tend to come with much guarantee to be fair ha ha. 

City will win both matches. They’re just too good and will be for quite some time.

I hope so. Whilst we re-build I want to see LFC’s greatest ever PL side win the same number of titles as United’s worst. :D

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

I hope so. Whilst we re-build I want to see LFC’s greatest ever PL side win the same number of titles as United’s worst. :D

I think you’re safe.

Cant wait to hear the united faithful spend the last 90 minutes of a terrible season cheering on CITY!!! Unbelievable.

Another win/win weekend for the ABU!

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

I think you’re safe.

Cant wait to hear the united faithful spend the last 90 minutes of a terrible season cheering on CITY!!! Unbelievable.

Another win/win weekend for the ABU!

I’m kinda enjoying this ABL actually so I get why you love being ABU! 

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

It’s great when when it’s great! Definitely a season for the ABU.

To be fair I’ve had one misery of seeing them lift the carling cup on penalties over Cardiff in 13 seasons, so it’s been a great time for the ABL’s too :D

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

To be fair I’ve had one misery of seeing them lift the carling cup on penalties over Cardiff in 13 seasons, so it’s been a great time for the ABL’s too :D

Plus you get to cheer on City for at least the next 2 or 3 seasons I reckon!