Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Which have nothing to with Football. 

Correct. That’s what I’ve said.

Some will say that, without that “tainted” cash, they wouldn’t have had the financial backing to buy who they’ve bought. I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Someone else would have invested anyway. 

The City recruitment plan has been incredible as I’ve said before. They’ve bought quality that, mostly, weren’t even household names. Just top scouting.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

Are you using @Daisey Jeep's spellchecker?  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

Correct. That’s what I’ve said.

Some will say that, without that “tainted” cash, they wouldn’t have had the financial backing to buy who they’ve bought. I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Someone else would have invested anyway. 

The City recruitment plan has been incredible as I’ve said before. They’ve bought quality that, mostly, weren’t even household names. Just top scouting.

Thanks, I just don't get it, it has been proven over and over again. That City gets out-spent almost every year. Last year LFC spent 180m on a Keeper/Centerback. Year before United spent 150m Lukaku and Pogba. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before UEFA though City under the bus. And then watch United spend 200mm this summer. Should have to read this. 

On 4/19/2019 at 5:51 PM, JimCT said:

 

 

 

Actually, Man U is a NYSE-listed company. The Glazers control it thru 10x voting rights on the Class B shares ;) See p. 77 in the link

https://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/M/Manutd-IR/documents/2018-mu-plc-form-20-f.pdf

The company had cash flow of minus £48mm last year. see p 100 of 165 in the link

The UCL money is huge, up to more than €80mm. If they don't get in the top 4, then what? see p. 43 People took Poch to task for stating the obvious - not me. I can read financial statements. ;) 

This is why I wasn't worried about Poch going to Old Trafford. The needed purge and rebuilding is way past the available resources.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

ninethumbs - ok just checking as Man City actually have 30 players out on loan themselves

Pfft... thirty? You can't even make three extra teams from thirty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Thanks, I just don't get it, it has been proven over and over again. That City gets out-spent almost every year. Last year LFC spent 180m on a Keeper/Centerback. Year before United spent 150m Lukaku and Pogba. 

LFC was probably a net spend (after Coutinho to Barca) of 40-50mm or so. It's too much work for me to try to figure it out more exactly given the various reports in $/£/€.

United this summer is going to have real problems, as they need to spend but will be limited, especially missing out on UCL money.

The UEFA FFP regs are pretty straightforward, actually. What City has done is shovel money in thru sham "sponsorships" (including an inflated fee for the stadium naming rights ;)) Why do you object to City abiding by the same rules as everyone else?

Spurs made well over £120mm last year IIRC, and this year will be a good one as well. They have some restrictions imposed by their bank lenders due to the stadium, but I expect them to spend well over £100mm this summer, net. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JimCT said:

LFC was probably a net spend (after Coutinho to Barca) of 40-50mm or so. It's too much work for me to try to figure it out more exactly given the various reports in $/£/€.

United this summer is going to have real problems, as they need to spend but will be limited, especially missing out on UCL money.

The UEFA FFP regs are pretty straightforward, actually. What City has done is shovel money in thru sham "sponsorships" (including an inflated fee for the stadium naming rights ;)) Why do you object to City abiding by the same rules as everyone else?

Spurs made well over £120mm last year IIRC, and this year will be a good one as well. They have some restrictions imposed by their bank lenders due to the stadium, but I expect them to spend well over £100mm this summer, net. :) 

Good thing George Steinbrenner wasn't an owner in UEFA. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least it looks as though united will save money by not bringing in Bale.

You’ll recall being told how likely he was to join. I can’t remember if that was when they were guaranteeing “Zizou” was coming to manage them or when they were beating their chest and confirming Poch as the imminent new manager. Just before appointing an absolute novice.

And shitting their pants at home to Cardiff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Elton Johns kids to lead Watford out on Saturday - he wont be there as he has a concert in Copenhagen and will be watching on a TV as a madman across the water!

 

_79718376_elton7.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, AMIW said:

Elton Johns kids to lead Watford out on Saturday - he wont be there as he has a concert in Copenhagen and will be watching on a TV as a madman across the water!

 

_79718376_elton7.jpg

Hope Man City batter Watford:D...... PLenty of Wolves fans rooting for the blues tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 6:33 PM, AMIW said:

good news for Watford - Holebas's 84th minute red card is overturned by the FA and so he can play in their scheduled 6-0 defeat by Man City this weekend

Fooking hell, i hope you had a bet on 6-0 ! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...