Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

will he finally solve their left back problem?

Posted Images

On 5/17/2019 at 2:14 AM, AMIW said:

Elton Johns kids to lead Watford out on Saturday - he wont be there as he has a concert in Copenhagen and will be watching on a TV as a madman across the water!

_79718376_elton7.jpg

i just saw that on the news 

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Another week over, another trophy win for Man City in england....yawn...

18 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Starting to look like Scottish football! ;)

Apart from the two European finals of course :D

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/19/vincent-kompany-manchester-city-leaves-fa-cup

Kompany leaves MC to become a player-manager at Anderlecht.  

Good for him landing a managers job.  He's got a good head for the game and has a decent shot at success.  The hard part for MC isnt going to be replacing the play - Kompany is well into his decline - it's going to be replacing the leadership he brought to the team, that's going to be hard to replace.  And bravo for everybody concerned for keeping a lid on this; it appears this was a "done deal" weeks ago.  

1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/19/vincent-kompany-manchester-city-leaves-fa-cup

Kompany leaves MC to become a player-manager at Anderlecht.  

Good for him landing a managers job.  He's got a good head for the game and has a decent shot at success.  The hard part for MC isnt going to be replacing the play - Kompany is well into his decline - it's going to be replacing the leadership he brought to the team, that's going to be hard to replace.  And bravo for everybody concerned for keeping a lid on this; it appears this was a "done deal" weeks ago.  

You know a year ago, I would have say goodbye. But like you just said about leadership is hard to replace. Especially over the last month of the season here. Im kind of sad at this point.

• Like 1

found this in the wiki article about Anderlecht

Supporters[edit]

The club has had the highest average attendance in the Belgian First Division for ten years, until 2004–05[citation needed]. Anderlecht supporters hail from all over the country and only a minority come from the Brussels Capital Region. Anderlecht counts 77 fan clubs, of which 5 are abroad (one in France, one in Poland, one in Texas, one in Montreal and one in Sunderland)

Sunderland???

another former Man City and Belgium great is leaving for Euroland and he too is tired of winning endless trophies

13 appearances in 9 years at man city!!!! including one fa cup winners medal

Dedrick Boyata is departing Celtic after 4 seasons  for Hertha Berlin

at Celtic in 4 seasons surprise surprise 4 league titles and 4 cup winners medals (two in each cup)

16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

My FB feed is full of all kinds of transfers all day.

We are getting deLiet, McGuire, Chilwell and so on. Oh and Rodri from AM.

De Ligt? Dream on! ;-)

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Now don't get caught up in that FPP problem, oh wait your Barcelona. You're exempt.  

No, we just play by the rules. Or we're smart enough not to get caught. ;-)

• Haha 1