Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

Jimmy James

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

DVR. :P It's 6:30 for me. 

Two problems.  The first is I tend to have things on the schedule later in the day and the second is there is no way I can avoid seeing scores.  If nothing else my phone just doesn't understand the concept of "no spoilers" and neither do my friends.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Patched Tube said:

Two problems.  The first is I tend to have things on the schedule later in the day and the second is there is no way I can avoid seeing scores.  If nothing else my phone just doesn't understand the concept of "no spoilers" and neither do my friends.  

I'll actually be working. So I will not be checking my phone or into here until probably after 5:00pm CDT. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Var disallows one of the man city goals biggest cheer of the day from west ham fans who are watching another spanking

First disallowed goal due to VAR goes to Dean.  He must be over the moon.  

I thought the penalty retake yesterday was because Fabianski was off his line which wasn't going to be punishable by VAR but this morning it says it was because a West Ham player had encroached which didn't seem to be enforced at the WWC & Sterling being given offside by a shoulder,whilst technically offside is not a clear & obvious error which was the intention of VAR.

10 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Sterling being given offside by a shoulder,whilst technically offside is not a clear & obvious error which was the intention of VAR.

That criteria doesn't apply to offsides, although personally I think it should.

I've always been in favour of the system, and still am when it comes to preventing clear errors. But giving someone's armpit offside by an inch seems to be taking it too far.