Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

More bad news  for jj David Silva is passing up the chance to move to St. Louis in mls instead he is off to join golden balls in Miami.. they still don’t have a stadium or any players but obviously a large bag of unmarked $100 bills was offered to him and that helped

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

the guardian  match preview made me chuckle

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Fernandinho will continue in central defence at home to Watford.

Apart from that, City’s players came through unscathed form Wednesday’s trip to Ukraine and midfielder Phil Foden should be available to be ignored again following a stomach virus.

In the battle between City’s season points and Premier League minutes played by Foden it’s currently all square at 10 apiece.

:D

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, AMIW said:

the guardian  match preview made me chuckle

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Fernandinho will continue in central defence at home to Watford.

Apart from that, City’s players came through unscathed form Wednesday’s trip to Ukraine and midfielder Phil Foden should be available to be ignored again following a stomach virus.

In the battle between City’s season points and Premier League minutes played by Foden it’s currently all square at 10 apiece.

:D

Why do you continue to do this to me? 

Just now, AMIW said:

The ref needs to call this game out of mercy to the watford fans and viewers

Is there a "mercy rule" in lower level footie, as we have in Little League baseball? 'Cuz Watford doesn't have a prayer. Their goal differential is going to take a pounding.

40 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A paltry 8-0! Even Newcastle have managed an 8-0 win in the premier league! 

Almost 20 years to the day...

And man city even lost 8 1 once

still at least it gave man city’s chance to give Garcia and angelino a run out so they have both now played more than F*d*n

43 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

And I was out doing my shopping and tomorrow I'm off to help mom around the house.  :angry:

Still the Spurs - LC match was a pretty good one so I'll give thanks for that.  

Really good game. Still fancy Spurs to have a decent season. They’ll finish 3rd, possibly 2nd if either City or Liverpool fall too far behind each other and focus elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Really good game. Still fancy Spurs to have a decent season. They’ll finish 3rd, possibly 2nd if either City or Liverpool fall too far behind each other and focus elsewhere. 

I think they will right the ship in time - too much good about the team.  But... they have work to do, they can do better, should be do better and something is amiss.  I can't see second beyond a complete meltdown of MC or Liverpool but 3rd is certainly well within their grasp and really should be the expected result.  

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

Yep I was there. Very bad day.

But I was also there the season before for the Eric 1-0. Good day. Title race changing day. 

A draw that day and we would have won it it reckon...I'd love it, just love it if we beat you :D

50 years since Newcastle United won a pot..50 years !  

Could you imagine the meltdown if LFC, MUFC, AFC CFC THFC, Leeds, wolves, Everton mackems pompey or wigan went that long without winning something

Just now, newcastle roy said:

A draw that day and we would have won it it reckon...I'd love it, just love it if we beat you :D

50 years since Newcastle United won a pot..50 years !  

Could you imagine the meltdown if LFC, MUFC, AFC CFC THFC, Leeds, wolves, Everton mackems pompey or wigan went that long without winning something

To be fair you battered us that night. Schmeichel was inspired and when you have Eric Cantona you always believed you could win any game, no matter how up against it you were. Eric was my hero. He played 185 games for United and I went to 172 of them. It was easy to count the games I missed. 

50 years without a trophy and you still support your team. Geordies always do, home and away. Respect, always. 

• Thanks 1

According to the Brickie, a ManU fan (yes, I know - I didn't realise when I employed him) doing some work at our house today, stay tuned for some potential Guardiola news.  All is allegedly not happy in his camp.  

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

According to the Brickie, a ManU fan (yes, I know - I didn't realise when I employed him) doing some work at our house today, stay tuned for some potential Guardiola news.  All is allegedly not happy in his camp.  

His wife returned to Barcelona with one of the children. She has a business there to attend to, which she has been doing by commuting.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiolas-wife-returns-spain-20138657