Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

16 hours ago, JimCT said:

His wife returned to Barcelona with one of the children. She has a business there to attend to, which she has been doing by commuting.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiolas-wife-returns-spain-20138657

Well that's not very exciting, is it? Bloody ManU brickies!

17 minutes ago, AMIW said:

A glorious day for football

Big day for Liverpool anyways.  

MC played like crap and played borderline dirty and tried to bully Wolves IMO.  On one level I'm happy Wolves wern't taking that and hung tough.  It's not just that city played badly either - Wolverhampton played well, perhaps very well.  They were the better team today and deserved the points.  And they needed those points; so  having a soft spot for them I'm pleased for them.    

8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Not only Kevin De Bruyne, John Stones is also back in first team training.

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Man City play in a league where they win 99.9% of the time, so they will not be missed, however if Stones returns that 99.9% figure is in great danger of falling dramatically.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Man City play in a league where they win 99.9% of the time, so they will not be missed, however if Stones returns that 99.9% figure is in great danger of falling dramatically.

I'll take Stones over Fernandinho at centerback any day. 

• Haha 1
On 10/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, AMIW said:

Excellentt guardian article  comparing man city to the Death Star and pep to darth Vader:D

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/07/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-darth-vader-death-star-dark-side

That was a interesting article and the point was raised again in the Guardian football pod.  It's a pretty good analogy really.  

3 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Pep wants his players to go home & get in the fridge at Christmas,he only wants to see them if he opens the door to make an omelette,his tongue in cheek way of saying their games are too close together.

And he didn’t mention they have two less games than Liverpool over the same period

9 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Amazing what they can do when Stones is not on the pitch.

It's funny you say that, because Palace's only real chance for a goal came while Stones was on the pitch for the last 10 minutes or so. 

Can I also say if it wasn't for Palace's keeper Hennessy, could have been 6-0.