Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

zinchenko in hospital and out for at least a month, rodri aso out for a month

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50180428

so sterling at left back, and Jesus at centre back????

I just seen that on my FB feed. Guess what City will be doing at the January window? I know all clubs go though injuries but this is getting a bid ridiculous.  

6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Ahead of the midweek league cup tie against Southampton man city announce they have modified their electronic scoreboard to clearl show double digits in the goals scored column :lol:

And also next weekend 

Maybe man city will show some mercy and field a weakened team containing only English players ... don’t think they have enough though even in their youth systrem

looks like they have six if you count their third and fourth choice goalies

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

weakened team contains Jesus AND aguero up front :o

foden starts will he last the whole 90 mins

And Garcia plus Doyle( 18yo never heard of him). Up 2-0 at the half. 

Actually Jesus in playing a wing. 

Tommy Doyle is Mike Doyle’s grandson... mike played for man city when they played proper footie and fielded up to 11 english players at a time...

In the 1970 league cup final he played in a side of 10 Englishman and a Scotsman... one of his teammates is glyn pardoe who is also young Tommy’s grandfather...

The scorers for man city that day were Doyle and pardoe .. its a funny old world

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, AMIW said:

Tommy Doyle is Mike Doyle’s grandson... mike played for man city when they played proper footie and fielded up to 11 english players at a time...

In the 1970 league cup final he played in a side of 10 Englishman and a Scotsman... one of his teammates is glyn pardoe who is also young Tommy’s grandfather...

The scorers for man city that day were Doyle and pardoe .. its a funny old world

Wait a minute, so Tommy's father and Grandfather played at the same time? That doesn't happen in sports much, especially football I would think? 

I know in Baseball - we had the Griffey's and in Hockey we had Howe's, but off the top of my head thats it. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know in Baseball - we had the Griffey's and in Hockey we had Howe's, but off the top of my head thats it. 

Boone's, Alou's. There was one in Baltimore, too - Ripkin? :D 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Did the Boone's, Alou's and Ripkins play together? 

Moises played for Montreal when Felipe managed. The others were all at different times AFAIK. The scenario in the post that started this was just grandfathers at the same club.

2 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Moises played for Montreal when Felipe managed. The others were all at different times AFAIK. The scenario in the post that started this was just grandfathers at the same club.

OK, I read that to be Father and Grandfather. Sorry.