Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Landed in the next seat to Man City legend and former manager Tony Book in the main stand at Hampden for a Scotland v england game many years ago.

Autograph? Talk to him? Or just left him alone? That's what I always do when running into a star Baseball/Hockey player around town here. 

56 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Since I have been out of touch can somebody please explain to me how this happened?

Ederson subbed off at halftime: muscle problem, more cautionary than desperate. Update https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-boss-pep-guardiola-17214811

Then Claudio Bravo gets red-carded

3 hours ago, JimCT said:

Ederson subbed off at halftime: muscle problem, more cautionary than desperate. Update https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-boss-pep-guardiola-17214811

Then Claudio Bravo gets red-carded

What... the hell.

I've got to go find a sideline shot of Pep's reaction to that.

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

pt - bravo is only suspended for the next euro game so he is still available to play in TGLITW this weekend.

I certainly hope MC's staff attorneys have a talk with Bravo about the relevant English laws concerning assault and GBH.  <_<

1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Because of VAR I genuinly don't know what a handball is anymore! Shut it down it's a mess.

I didn't see the match, but I hear and read all the complaining about VAR and refs in England. It's funny how VAR is handled almost perfectly in La Liga, a league that was always known for its horrible refereeing or organization, yet in England and also in Germany, they can't seem to make it work.

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

@Jimmy James

raheem the diver

#pepout

@doesthisbusstop

3 . 1

:o

The score is a touch surprising but the result is not; Liverpool have the look, City have problems.  Granted even with problems they are better than nearly everybody else but they aren't as good as Liverpool - end of,  I think the only really rational thing to do is go all in for the FA and Champions League.  The truth is they have a shot at both particularly when their injured players start coming back.  

And good for Liverpool BTW - they are playing really, really well and deserve what luck comes their way.  

3 hours ago, Perisic said:

Because of VAR I genuinly don't know what a handball is anymore! Shut it down it's a mess.

As I was otherwise occupied with family issues I once again managed to see no football today and precious little yesterday.  That said - has there been any week in the EPL where there hasn't been some egregious VAR mess?  I don't recall one if I'm being honest.  It's shocking to me how badly this has been done and there is a real argument for just scrapping the entire mess after the winter break - ideally forever but at least until next year when they can get both the rules and the implementation of VAR out of the ludicrously stupid zone.

10 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

As I was otherwise occupied with family issues I once again managed to see no football today and precious little yesterday.  That said - has there been any week in the EPL where there hasn't been some egregious VAR mess?  I don't recall one if I'm being honest.  It's shocking to me how badly this has been done and there is a real argument for just scrapping the entire mess after the winter break - ideally forever but at least until next year when they can get both the rules and the implementation of VAR out of the ludicrously stupid zone.

The situation with VAR has become something of a perfect storm,some new laws can be trialled at lower levels,obviously VAR can't because of the need for all the cameras etc so it's been thrust straight into the top level,it's like being given your first driving lesson on a motorway.The original intention was to amend clear & obvious errors,now we're seeing goals being disallowed because a toe is offside,add to this the fact that the FA in all their wisdom have thrown the new handball laws into all this so nobody seems to actually know what is right wrong or indifferent as at the moment something similar can happen in two different games & a different decision reached.

VAR in theory is a good idea but it's not being used in a sane way at the moment,players know when a clear & obvious error has been made such as the Henry handball for France v Ireland,the wrong Arsenal player that got sent off etc,for VAR to work it has to become something like cricket where each team can appeal a decision,if their appeal is valid they keep their appeal if it's not valid they lose their appeal,something clear can be seen in an instant,there shouldn't be a need to be drawing lines across the pitch that then have to be looked at for 2-3 minutes to determine if a body part is offside.

• Like 2

the var thing is getting ridiculous apparently the silva handball in the same move that of the trent handball would have been ignored if they had awarded a penalty, yet i cant remember which match they disallowed a goal after a foul wasnt spotted miles up the field. and on say one var took over 3 minutes its ridiculous, kopp says he dosent celebrate a goal now till hes sure var dosent come into it, get it right or get rid,it will kill the game. it will be as long as a nfl game soon. ridiculous

• Like 1