Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I dig we're a man down and we are up by 1, but need to find a way to push the ball forward. We are good enough to do that right? 

They used to be, but Pep has lost his desire. Only great teams and great managers (sorry, manager I mean) can win 3 in a row in English football. 

Some terrible refereeing I still don’t understand how otamendi stayed on the field and how Fernandinho didn’t get booked I don’t know

and the worst moment when wolves are through on goal the ref stops the attack to finally book otamendi just unforgiveable

but all ended well as B M proved himself to be the new BAM

34 minutes ago, AMIW said:

but all ended well as B M proved himself to be the new BAM

That was horrible, but I still believe he's a good player, and most likely our best left back. 

Got to shake this off another match in 48 hours.:blink:

Great to see this horrible plastic club obliterated again by the mighty Wolves - even with VAR conspiring to try and keep the PL title race mildly interesting - they still couldn't win. 

Now when are the governing bodies going to investigate Citeh's historic over-spending and throw them out of the Champions League?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Great to see this horrible plastic club obliterated again by the mighty Wolves - even with VAR conspiring to try and keep the PL title race mildly interesting - they still couldn't win. 

Now when are the governing bodies going to investigate Citeh's historic over-spending and throw them out of the Champions League?

Oh yeah, your one post a year in this thread. 

How about looking at it like this. The Mighty Wolves barely beat a side of 10 from the 12th minute on!

The investigation is over! :rolleyes:

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Oh yeah, your one post a year in this thread. 

How about looking at it like this. The Mighty Wolves barely beat a side of 10 from the 12th minute on!

The investigation is over! :rolleyes:

Were you at the game?  No, of course not - you weren't even in the same continent, let alone country.  Wolves obliterated Man City.  We beat Man City twice this season.  Aggregate score of 5 - 2. 

A plastic 'fan' for a plastic club.  How appropriate. You'll claim to support Liverpool next year.   Get back to your baseball. 

• Haha 2

Regardless of how they fare this year the City side of last year are by far the best I’ve seen in the PL.

Pre VAR they would have added the CL too I’m pretty sure. 

For whatever reason they haven’t quite reached the same levels this time around and have lost games you wouldn’t expect them to. Defensive issues are the obvious reason. They’re still great going forward. 

Suggestions Pep has lost desire are just the usual soundbite nonsense. 

Top game last night I thought and Wolves are a proven quality side. 

46 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Regardless of how they fare this year the City side of last year are by far the best I’ve seen in the PL.

Pre VAR they would have added the CL too I’m pretty sure. 

For whatever reason they haven’t quite reached the same levels this time around and have lost games you wouldn’t expect them to. Defensive issues are the obvious reason. They’re still great going forward. 

Suggestions Pep has lost desire are just the usual soundbite nonsense. 

Top game last night I thought and Wolves are a proven quality side. 

Well it's clear some big changes are afoot at the club over the summer; if nothing else Otamendi and Stones should go along with the expected departures.  I've never been all that high on Ederson either and yesterday kind of tore it for me.  Obviously the league is gone but with Laporte and Sane coming back there is still a possibility of getting some sort of a result out of the season.  

Yesterdays game was awful but interesting.  You don't often see MC with five in the back or a team going up 2 down a man.  Full credit to Wolves for hanging in there and getting the points but I suspect both managers are going to find fault with parts of their teams performance.  Wolverhampton almost let points slip away when the game should have been in hand far earlier.  Still as disgusted with MC's play as I am - I'm not displeased that Wolves were the beneficiaries.  A little luck and they could grab the fourth spot in the table at the end of the season and wouldn't that be something.  :) 

6 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Were you at the game?  No, of course not - you weren't even in the same continent, let alone country.  Wolves obliterated Man City.  We beat Man City twice this season.  Aggregate score of 5 - 2. 

A plastic 'fan' for a plastic club.  How appropriate. You'll claim to support Liverpool next year.   Get back to your baseball. 

So does one have to be at a match to watch and analyze that match? That would leave just about everyone on this board out of the discussion. 

Yes Wolves obliterated 10 man Man City yesterday. Congrats! 

Plastic fan and team is a new term for me? Is that a football term I need to know.? Please explain? 

In response to questions on twitter Rebecca now says the man city game will start on streaming and finish on tv

i have no idea as to whether to stay in or go out tomorrow afternoon does anyone kno for sure

Var continues to offer evidence that the people operating it on drugs

tge ref assists man city on the goal... var lets the goal stand

a Southampton defender later handles the ball in the area var doesn’t award man city a penalty.. trying to even things out?

Aguero leaves the field using the slowest walk ever, ref makes him go off on the far side and aguero returns to shake his hand for the assist on the goal...

de Bruyne then scores and aguero renters the field to celebrate

shoukdnt he be booked for that.?

• Like 1