but PHIL JONES starts!!!

But I think he suffered a stroke so...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

despair for Dr Oboogie - no John Stones or Harry maguire in either team

but PHIL JONES starts!!!

It was almost the donkeyless derby...;)

Men against boys.

Also passed6 Thierry Henry as top scorer Johnny foreigner

In total goals will pass Lampard next week in 350 less games and Andy cole by end of season in about 150 less appearances, still a way behind Rooney but in about 250 less games,  in total goals shearer still miles clea

Following reports that tens of thousands of people fell asleep watching man city today.... nbc and Rebecca Lowe just announced a late change to next weeks tv schedule

Instead of man city at 10am on Saturday we will instead get to see @Patched Tube Sheffield United...

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, AMIW said:

In total goals will pass Lampard next week in 350 less games and Andy cole by end of season in about 150 less appearances, still a way behind Rooney but in about 250 less games,  in total goals shearer still miles clea

He will need at least 3 more seasons to get anywhere near Alan Shearer. 

It's still a hell of an achievement from Sergio Aguero.

The fact that Shearer scored so many of his goals for a team that actually won fuck all makes Shearer's goal scoring record even more remarkable.

Could you imagine how many goals he would have scored if he played in this man city team..or the man utd team when they were unstoppable ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Aguero was in fine form today and it's appropriate he put his name in the record books.  I mean I know he's good and all that but when he's on it's just a joy to watch.  

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

Following reports that tens of thousands of people fell asleep watching man city today.... nbc and Rebecca Lowe just announced a late change to next weeks tv schedule

Instead of man city at 10am on Saturday we will instead get to see @Patched Tube Sheffield United...

I was packing books and china today and keeping an eye on the match and I confess I rather enjoyed it in a "lambs to the slaughter" kind of way.  Obviously MC have had their problems this year but even with injuries, players not replaced and maybe a bit of plain old being stale they still are a magnificent side.  Play badly or go to sleep and you quickly find out just how good they are.  

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

I dont mind seeing Sheffield if there is going to be a sub.  They generally entertain and that's good enough for Saturday morning.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:18 PM, AMIW said:

despair for Dr Oboogie - no John Stones or Harry maguire in either team

but PHIL JONES starts!!!

Stones held out in case of transfer? :D

https://www.football.london/premier-league/transfer-news-live-lemar-lacazette-17556377

Arsenal linked with shock move for John Stones

According to The Sun, Arsenal are interested in a surprise move for Manchester City defender John Stones.

The former Everton centre-back is reportedly keen for regular first team football in order to secure his place in England’s first team for Euro 2020.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:18 PM, JimCT said:

Stones held out in case of transfer? :D

https://www.football.london/premier-league/transfer-news-live-lemar-lacazette-17556377

Arsenal linked with shock move for John Stones

According to The Sun, Arsenal are interested in a surprise move for Manchester City defender John Stones.

The former Everton centre-back is reportedly keen for regular first team football in order to secure his place in England’s first team for Euro 2020.

Well.... Arteta knows him and if Arsenal is interested I have to believe there is some reason for it.  A lot of people were pretty high on him, including Pep, for a while and he has had some injury issues.  Get him healthy, fresh start and maybe he starts to come good.  I expect the price will be the main issue of course and I hear MC supposedly has no interest in selling.  Could be gamesmanship of course but I find that interesting.  

17 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Well.... Arteta knows him and if Arsenal is interested I have to believe there is some reason for it.  A lot of people were pretty high on him, including Pep, for a while and he has had some injury issues.  Get him healthy, fresh start and maybe he starts to come good.  I expect the price will be the main issue of course and I hear MC supposedly has no interest in selling.  Could be gamesmanship of course but I find that interesting.  

I agree! I know we all take shots at both Stones and Mendy, but I believe if both could stay health for a whole season including a summer training session, they both could be one of the best at their positions in the league.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Didn't see the match but saw a replay of the 2nd goal on MC and my impression of John Stones on his man was of an ox with a bum knee. 

I have said it many times before their record when he plays speaks for itself and still some people speak of him as being the future ??

In this form he would even struggle to get a place in the national donkey team.;)

On 1/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Patched Tube said:

Didn't see the match but saw a replay of the 2nd goal on MC and my impression of John Stones on his man was of an ox with a bum knee. 

:D

4 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

Manchester City welcome back Aymeric Laporte this evening in a surprise return, making his first appearance since August and providing a hugely welcome boost to Pep Guardiola's backline.

And causes despair all over Scotland as the donkey does not plat

• Haha 1