Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Should I be happy that City moves on, or more pissed that they lost the match. I'm feeling the latter. 

I think they should be ashamed for losing at home, and sulk, for at least 4 days. And bench Sterling, KDB, Sergio, Bernardo, and Mahrez for the next game for such miserable performances.  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, JimCT said:

And bench Sterling

Yes, I'm just tried of his misses. He should have twice as many goals than he does, and KDB should have twice as many assist. 

Man city gets var penalty 10 minutes after the offence

penalty missed

sterling dives to try and get another penalty

shameful diving how is he not sent off again? 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:04 PM, Perisic said:

22 points behind with a squad like that. I get that the motivation and drive is a bit gone after back to back titles but 22 points? 

Absolutely incredible really. I was expecting Pep to become the second manager to ever win 3 titles in a row in this country. To fall so far short of doing so with that squad is astonishing. 

People keep saying I can't believe they aren't winning with "that squad". Our number 1 center back is a holding midfielder. The other two, one a donkey, the other is very questionable. 

Look at it this way, what would LFC look like without VVD. I don't blame none of this on Pep. We have more scoring chances than most teams just don't finish this year for some reason.

9 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

People keep saying I can't believe they aren't winning with "that squad". Our number 1 center back is a holding midfielder. The other two, one a donkey, the other is very questionable. 

Look at it this way, what would LFC look like without VVD. I don't blame none of this on Pep. We have more scoring chances than most teams just don't finish this year for some reason.

It is Pep’s fault he didn’t adequately replace Kompany though.

I’d also ask questions about why Sterling’s form seems to have gone backwards. On top of that he just doesn’t seem to like pressure. His oddness must get to the squad. Especially modern day players.

Last season they were the best PL side I’ve ever seen. Expected a bit more this time around which is maybe a bit unfair given they’re not exactly bad and would have won it most years.

29 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It is Pep’s fault he didn’t adequately replace Kompany though.

I’d also ask questions about why Sterling’s form seems to have gone backwards. On top of that he just doesn’t seem to like pressure. His oddness must get to the squad. Especially modern day players.

Last season they were the best PL side I’ve ever seen. Expected a bit more this time around which is maybe a bit unfair given they’re not exactly bad and would have won it most years.

Yep you're correct about Kompany. 

Sterling doesn't seem to be going backwards to me, just can't finish. Maybe that is going backwards. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Manchester City want €95 million for Leroy Sané.

Pep Guardiola also proposed Sane/Coman swap but it is out of the question for Bayern.

They'll need the money to buy defenders, plural, apparently. Stones out, Dunk in? :D :D 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7964607/John-Stones-Man-City-future-danger-Pep-Guardiola-targeting-two-defenders-summer.html

4 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Are Stones and Dunki not the same player ?

Raheem Sterling will miss Manchester City's Premier League match against West Ham on Sunday with a hamstring injury.

Sterling suffered the injury during City's 2-0 defeat at Tottenham and faces a race to be fit for the Champions League first leg against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu on February 26.