Greasy Lake Community

The Man City Thread: The Pep Years

On 2/6/2020 at 10:01 PM, DarknessandHope said:

Raheem Sterling will miss Manchester City's Premier League match against West Ham on Sunday with a hamstring injury.

Ciara has called the game off 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day off today and, at one point, I found myself in Asda in Inverness.   Two young lads, I'd guess no older than 20ish, who worked there were chatting in one of the aisles when I pass

So they have to be punished. The whole "yeah, but others do it too" is just an admission of guilt. I understand it stings, but City agreed to the FFP rules, then went on to break them anyway. Serves t

As far as Barça is concerned, they haven't spent more than they have earned. Not yet at least! There's already a big hole in the financials of this season. They have to generate 120 million until June

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Second postponement for m an city as they will be in the league cup final so won’t play arsenal on mar 1

Why's the match cancelled? 

3 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

So, two season European Cup ban for Abu Dhabi down to FFP.

That's gotta sting.

Cue M'learned friends getting involved.

In addition to the €30mm fine, the ban from UCL has to cost another €60-80mm per year in lost revenue. The pressure is on Pep to win it this year, as "now or never" is pretty accurate.

Man City Forever!!!!!!!!

I still have to ask, how does a club, team, franchise compete with the likes of Man U, Real, Barca, PSG and LFC without spending money outside their scope. 

I hope all enjoy their run in the CL. 

6 minutes ago, Perisic said:

Wow this is huge. Does this mean 5th gets CL? Pep will leave right? What about star players like KDB etc? Surely they want to win the CL? 

Now or never to win the CL imo.

As far as I know it's up to the national FA or League to decide who enters the CL. UEFA only says how many teams can participate. So technically the PL, the FA, or whoever decides this, could pick teams ranked 17-20. I think it's a bit late to give it to a cup winner, so it will probably go to fifth placed, or sixth, if one of the top 5 win the CL.

If this ban stands, it should send shock waves around Europe. BUT, it could also mean that big clubs will really make serious about forming a Super League.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Perisic said:

It will be never then, as this years club isn't strong enough be beat the lower end of the EPL(which happens to be the difference in the spend from LFC)  more less Real Madrid. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Man City Forever!!!!!!!!

I still have to ask, how does a club, team, franchise compete with the likes of Man U, Real, Barca, PSG and LFC without spending money outside their scope. 

By patiently building a brand and good work in the sporting department. And I don't think that LFC have spent more money than they made. And they make a lot less than Barça, United or Real. So it is possible.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Man City Forever!!!!!!!!

Forever? Who did you support before 2008?

They should have respected FFP. Long overdue, absolutely no sympathy.

Taxi for Pep.

I've looked everywhere.

Down the back of the sofa, right at the back of the cupboard under the sink, out in the shed.........................everywhere.

But, no.

I cannot find one single fuck to give about the plight of a football club that has been turned into the host organism/plaything of a vile, human rights abusing regime while nominally trying to compete in the obscene upper echelons of the corpulent shit-show that modern fitba has become.

I'm sure there's a myriad of Citeh fans who yearn for the days of the Kippax and Paul Dickov, but hey ho.

Sympathy? Try the dictionary between "shite" and "syphillis".

Direct any unallocated sympathy towards fans of Bury.

The huckster who trashed their club didn't have as deep pockets as the Abu Dhabi crew and now they're properly fucked.

MODERN DAY FITBA IS SHITE.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Perisic said:

Wow this is huge. Does this mean 5th gets CL? Pep will leave right? What about star players like KDB etc? Surely they want to win the CL? 

not just that who gets the League Cup spot will it be Villa or whoever finishes 6th or 7th in the league 

still hope for Busstops Man u then

Yeah, I believe the ones that will really lose in this whole deal, are the players. 

But again, all the clubs cheat, Man City got caught, and they only got caught only by a whistle blower who leaked the emails. 

And not to pick on LFC, but just an example. Fenway Sports has a lot of places to hide and or add money from.