ukjohnney

Metallica return!

New single - hard wired - available now , along with a double album in November! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I

sounds like Metallica as you might have guessed , older Metallica trying to be younger Metallica again I think on one listen to one track. 

The cd and so on has a deluxe version / disc with the just the riffs that make up the tunes , not sure how that works but I guess that might please some of their fans!  An interesting concept perhaps? 

I'm stoked!  Hope to see them when they tour behind the new album.

One listen to the new song: lyrics are pretty stupid, but I really dig the aggressive sound.  And what's this?  A song under six minutes?  Will wonders never cease?...

Indeed yes a short and concise song!!  But the double albums only got a bout 12 songs so I guess it's a bit of a false dawn!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I listened to the stream of their Minnesota show last night on Pandora. Rock and roll, baby!

US-Tour to start in January. I hope that doesn't mean stadiums in Europe in the summer.

I'm a big Metallica fan so really looking forward to this. I mean...8 (/5) years is a long time and now it's (a new original Metallica song and upcoming album and overall hype) finally here. : D

• Like 1

Another new one! Awesome! Can't wait for the album and to see them live again next year. It's been too long (1999).

• Like 1

They have tweaked the bonus cd too, no more riff origins , but live tracks instead, probably more likely to get repeated plays! 

I saw that, too.  That makes me quite a bit more excited about the "deluxe" issue!

On 2016-09-27 at 11:28 PM, ukjohnney said:

They have tweaked the bonus cd too, no more riff origins , but live tracks instead, probably more likely to get repeated plays! 

On 2016-09-28 at 2:20 AM, Pastor Jeff said:

I saw that, too.  That makes me quite a bit more excited about the "deluxe" issue!

I'd rather hear stuff that's not out there than stuff that has already been released (one way or the other).

Another new one...

Don't know if it's good. I haven't listened to it yet. First I'm going to get a cold drink, then I'm going to get high, and then I'm going to listen to it. :P

The sound is Metallica but the ridiculous airbrushed, boy band image which they seem to be using these days doesn't quite match up with it:

Metallica-press-photo-courtesy-2016-bill

14100380_1118828374869148_74461536681749

On 8/19/2016 at 3:13 PM, ukjohnney said:
Metallica return!

FFS.

10 hours ago, HelloNewman said:

The sound is Metallica but the ridiculous airbrushed, boy band image which they seem to be using these days doesn't quite match up with it:

Metallica-press-photo-courtesy-2016-bill

14100380_1118828374869148_74461536681749

Woah dude!!!   Weird!! 

12 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Took you a while j! :D

:P

Early reviews suggest the first disc is good but the second is just a lot of predictable 'tallica style riffing. Perhaps a single album might have been better.

I loved Death Magnetic but somehow I don't think this will as anywhere near as good.    

However, these early reviews will mostly be by the more fanatical metal fans who are a bit too purist at times and notoriously difficult to please when it comes to latter day Metallica. So I'll keep an open mind,