Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wasted in the heat

OFFICIAL 2016 NFL Thread

9 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

You mean Hand-egg don't you, the American version that was a derivative of Rugby and that involves very little use of the feet -- as opposed to the worldwide version actually played with the feet?

I love both, so I can't really get on one side or the other.

Should be a great weekend of Football.

First Saturday Man City v Man U.

Sunday Colts v Lions

Both should be winners for me?

4 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

IMG_2326.jpg

D'you reckon Frankie gets one of these come February?

2012_06_04 13_00_12.jpg

Wow.  The Rams got killed.  Another LA team for JB to hate.  Must be like Xmas morning.  To paraphrase Jeff Fisher, it looks like the Rams are headed for 7-9 bullshit (or worse). 

11 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Wow.  The Rams got killed.  Another LA team for JB to hate.  Must be like Xmas morning.  To paraphrase Jeff Fisher, it looks like the Rams are headed for 7-9 bullshit (or worse). 

I jokingly referenced 0-16 last night because Case Keenum was an abomination. But, they have Seattle next week who they routinely play tough and seem to beat once per year. Russell Wilson's status with his ankle is not a given yet.

You know, there's an incredible recent history of head coaches getting fired in the wake of a London gubbing.

Giants/Rams in late October......could Fisher be added to the list?

3 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Gotta give Fisher credit....he has made a career out of one outstanding season and dozens of (barely) mediocre ones.  

5 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

You know, there's an incredible recent history of head coaches getting fired in the wake of a London gubbing.

Giants/Rams in late October......could Fisher be added to the list?

Jeff Fisher coached teams are sleazy. Remember the fight in the Giants/Rams game a few years ago because they were trying to pile on Odell? Look for more of that again. 

Over/under on when the Ryan brothers get fired?

End October for me.

8 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Over/under on when the Ryan brothers get fired?

End October for me.

.....and their OC Greg Roman is the sacrificial lamb.

Tick......tock......

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

.....and their OC Greg Roman is the sacrificial lamb.

Tick......tock......

Such a coward move. Rexy's brother should be the one on the hot seat. Rob Ryan hasn't had a good defense since I don't know when. Roman will not be out of work for long, IMO.

Jints go 2-0 with  hard, hard fought win over NO.

Must say, I enjoyed that game....proper old school D, proper tackling.

TBH we should have been sitting handily at half time but mistakes and missed opportunities.......

Two weeks on the spin Victor C has been massively instrumental in the win, great to see after his injury issues.

Colts off to a bad start, but 6 defensive starters are out right now, get three back next week

And maybe just in time, this week is our annual trip to Indy. So should and will be fun. Win or lose.

On September 19, 2016 at 7:01 AM, MagicRatAFC said:

Jints go 2-0 with  hard, hard fought win over NO.

Must say, I enjoyed that game....proper old school D, proper tackling.

TBH we should have been sitting handily at half time but mistakes and missed opportunities.......

Two weeks on the spin Victor C has been massively instrumental in the win, great to see after his injury issues.

Alot of good from Sunday. Defense making plays, getting off the field on 3rd down. Which they were not doing last year. The hitting was also beautiful. Eli was very efficient, once PJ Williams went down for NO the Saints went into a two deep shell so the Giants took what they were giving them underneath. 

Alot to work on too. I wasn't totally thrilled with the turnover on downs at the goal line in the first where Beckham had the pass broken up. The turnovers were sloppy. Donnell dropped a touchdown (surprise!!) Beckham dropped a potential touchdown. Brown missed a FG. Not converting from 1st and goal at the 1 was inexcusable. Vereen is not the RB to go to down inside the 5. They just need to work on execution and certain personnel formations down in the red zone. You're right though, Giants should have scored at least 17 more points. 

Here's the thing though, they are being tested on not repeating the same mistakes that cost them games like this to start the season last year. After Cruz made that remarkable catch to set up the field goal, McAdoo made the right choice. Sit on the ball and melt the clock down to nothing,  kick the FG ( which was a chipshot)  to not allow Brees to get the ball back. 

LOL...kinda true, ain't it?

Bears are basically the walking wounded after last night.  Cutler likely out for "lengthy" period, Lamar Houston out with torn ACL and trevathan also out with thumb injury which will require surgery.

In addition to all the othe rproblems they already had.

I'm guessing 4-12....and I'm feeling optimistic today.:P

Do you guys believe this will ever happen?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/psl-holders-score-a-significant-early-victory-over-rams/article_209d6b62-26b7-5916-97c7-ecbb063fedb3.html

I think this would be great, if it actually happen, just to put something else in the mind of owners how want to leave.

Brisset has torn thumb ligament on throwing hand. Patriots are down to Edelman as top QB. Could you imagine if the Bills are 0-3 and Rex needs to beat the Patriots and LOSES to them and Edelman at QB?

12 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Brisset has torn thumb ligament on throwing hand. Patriots are down to Edelman as top QB. Could you imagine if the Bills are 0-3 and Rex needs to beat the Patriots and LOSES to them and Edelman at QB?

That has to get you fired, surely?