Wasted in the heat

OFFICIAL 2016 NFL Thread

On 24/09/2016 at 6:21 PM, LegalWiz60 said:

Let's go Giants!

Jeez, funny old first half.

Gotta be happy with a lead, but missed opportunities....oh and penalties (which we seemed to have eliminated) have made it closer than it should be.

Let's do this second half lads.

2 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

This is unbelievable. What a shambles.

Ah well.  Maybe the answer is neither team is very good.  Not very satisfactory but it answers a lot of questions.

4 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

This is unbelievable. What a shambles.

Sloppy sloppy game. So many stupid penalties. Shane Vereen is NOT an every down back and that was proven today. Giants have alot of work to do. Questionable play calling (throwing a jump ball to Bobby Rainey (a RB) in the end zone??) 

I wil say the officiating was an embarrassment. Weston Richburgh being thrown out of the game was a joke. Clean block on Norman, after Beckham dusted him and left his ankles back in Cape May, RIchburg made a clean block on Norman going down field and received his 2nd personal foul and was ejected. 

Yeah the officials were ......overly-officious.

But Andrew Adams should be taken out and hung up by his bollocks, or at the very least cut.

That personal foul that brought back the blocked punt was one of the dumbest plays ever.

Still beeling about last night, tough loss to take.

Penalties, turnovers..... I think the stat was 7 pens in the first two games.

I think we hit 7 by about half time last night.

In the first two games we looked like a well coached team in early-season form.

Last night we looked a sloppy, ill-disciplined rabble.

I'd say the NFC East will become the now traditional 4 bald men fighting for a comb.

Phillip 3-0, fair play to them, but that's three weeks film now out on the rookie so let's see how things play from here.

Shite news, really, really shit news.

Rainey would be next man up, but he's a downgrade for me.

Vereen's pass catching out of the backfield was a major weapon and, for all his fumble-itis in the last two weeks, he'll be badly missed.

29 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Shite news, really, really shit news.

Rainey would be next man up, but he's a downgrade for me.

Vereen's pass catching out of the backfield was a major weapon and, for all his fumble-itis in the last two weeks, he'll be badly missed.

Eli needs to feed the playmakers. There are three of them out there at WR. I understand there are matchups involved, and what the defense gives you will dictate what plays can and cannot be made. Get the ball into the hands of playmakers. I would prefer Darkwa to be the next back up. He has all of the tools and he can pick up blitzes. Which vs the Vikings who lead the league in sacks and TO ratio, is going to be a vital part of the gameplan next Monday. 

I also need to see something from the defense, who have forced zero turnovers and rarely gotten home to the QB. Spagnuolo better get his act together. 

22 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Either team would destroy the 49ers.  Good God they are bad.

I will GLADLY trade you the Niners for the Bears. They are arguably the worst team in the league...and yes, that includes the Browns. 

No pink. 

Falcons at 2-1 and the offense looking like a juggernaut.  Perhaps I was wrong about Lil Shanny.  I was really expecting the defense to be much improved and the offense to be much like what we saw last year.  Apparently I know nothing about football.  :rolleyes:

On September 26, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Power13 said:

I will GLADLY trade you the Niners for the Bears. They are arguably the worst team in the league...and yes, that includes the Browns. 

No pink. 

Cutler's thumb is bad news but the real tragedy is that Fox hasn't sprained both of his; the Bears would be a lot better off if he couldn't hold a clipboard or a whistle.  

1 hour ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Juuuuuuuuuuuulllliiiiiiiooooooooo!!!!

The internet is shitting on the Panthers hard. I'm sure you're enjoying this. as you should be. 

14446201_10154409441851278_4568083118850

• Like 1

The loneliness f the long distance Giants fan.....

Penalties and turnovers have us struggling yet again.

Is it just me or is Gruden a total melt?

What shite he speaks.

Beckham gets hit twice out f bounds, yet he's the one who is going to get tossed.

The word is out on the lad.

Plug ugly first half, the only positive to take is it's only 14-3.

Zebras have been dreadfully inconsistent, I'll be amazed if Beckham finishes the game, yet he's been hit twice out of bounds without a blink.

We need the next TD or it's game over.

Honest opinion on Jon Gruden as an analyst?

Maybe the fact we're getting our arses felt is colouring my judgement, but ............he's just awful..............isn't he?

• Like 1

Well, the 2-0 optimism has vanished.

Giants were rotten and Minnesota deserved their win, but, having said that, I thought there were a lot of questionable calls in that game.

It's kind of groundhog day for the Giants, last, what, three or four years I've looked at our roster in the summer and thought "if everyone stays healthy and plays well, we could be relevant".

We've been slaughtered by injuries before the season has even started, JPP, Beatty..... plenty others.

This year we got through the off-season, but the secondary was banged up to buggery this week.

Trayvon Wade is a back up slot guy and teams player, yet he's our starting corner tonight.

Of course, Norv Turner went to town on him......I felt sorry for Spags he had nowhere to go.

Still, the secondary guys will, hopefully, all be back.

But our O is a worry.

We were explosive last season, but we're getting very little going.

The O line problems are plain to see and were predicted by many.

And we saw how much of a miss Vereen will be tonight.

Beckham ain't right.

For me, there's no doubt the officials are targeting him.

Last week, Norman got away with more than he should have done, tonight the "unsportsmanlike" call was a joke, as were the two non-calls on the hits out of bounds.

I can't believe it, as I type this there's an alert from NFL.com.....that's the official NFL feed, "Odell Beckham loses his cool" and a video of the flag incident!

What a joke.

Hopefully we'll get the secondary some way closer to healthy for next week.

Just what  you need, Green Bay in Green Bay...........:(