Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddhabone

MetLife 3 is up

Nugs have said they are finishing these US shows first then going back to do the outstanding European ones.

i feel for the fans at those EU shows but it feels right for me- these latest shows are arguably amongst his greatest ever...

I'm aware the plan was to release the Jersey shows then return to Europe, but why would they mix the third show first? 

After having listened to the 08/23 show, I take back what I said before.

The quality on this is AMAZING. Perfectly mixed, you can hear everything, and it's got a live vibe too. 

After having listened to the 08/23 show, I take back what I said before.

The quality on this is AMAZING. Perfectly mixed, you can hear everything, and it's got a live vibe too. 

I have been following this tour closely.

To my ears, these Jersey shows are incredible.

I ordered the CDs for metlife 3 as I wanted this one for the cd rack collection alongside all my other official CDs. I think this show and Philly 1 are the best setlists of the tour. However, I just cannot believe why they have showed such ignorance to split incident and Rosie between disc 1 and disc 2. The best bruce ESB song transition ever has been split.

I might try and cancel it and get the HD version instead. To be honest I am now a convert to the intricacies of the high res recordings anyway and such is the outstanding quality of these shows, they are worth it. I didn't think my ageing ears would ever tell the difference but it's the clarity of the recording you notice the most. I have hooked up my high res player via an amplifier to my car Aux, and wow - it's so great. I keep switching to CD player option to compare. The sound is definitely better. Incident into Rosie SHALL remain intact! 

Whoever is doing the art work for these and the show posters needs to do Bruce's album art too. 

17 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I ordered the CDs for metlife 3 as I wanted this one for the cd rack collection alongside all my other official CDs. I think this show and Philly 1 are the best setlists of the tour. However, I just cannot believe why they have showed such ignorance to split incident and Rosie between disc 1 and disc 2. The best bruce ESB song transition ever has been split.

I might try and cancel it and get the HD version instead. To be honest I am now a convert to the intricacies of the high res recordings anyway and such is the outstanding quality of these shows, they are worth it. I didn't think my ageing ears would ever tell the difference but it's the clarity of the recording you notice the most. I have hooked up my high res player via an amplifier to my car Aux, and wow - it's so great. I keep switching to CD player option to compare. The sound is definitely better. Incident into Rosie SHALL remain intact!

Please tell me that's a cruel joke! I just ordered the CD's today and was pretty excited about it (having been to the show). They really split them?? Criminal! Something you would expect to see on a bootleg, not an "Official" release. Excuse me while I go cry.......

.the music and heroes of america gif

9 hours ago, Mocker said:

Please tell me that's a cruel joke! I just ordered the CD's today and was pretty excited about it (having been to the show). They really split them?? Criminal! Something you would expect to see on a bootleg, not an "Official" release. Excuse me while I go cry.......

.the music and heroes of america gif

No, it is true. I emailed Nugs and cancelled my cd order. Their response was "we are not responsible for the track splits" but declined to tell me who was. Surely even JLM can't be that stupid. All Nugs would say is that the track splits will change per show depending on space per disc. 

I changed my order to Philly 1 in the hope that they will have realised their huge mistake and made sure Incident and Rosie are kept together on one disc for the other show releases. 

14 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

No, it is true. I emailed Nugs and cancelled my cd order. Their response was "we are not responsible for the track splits" but declined to tell me who was. Surely even JLM can't be that stupid. All Nugs would say is that the track splits will change per show depending on space per disc.

I changed my order to Philly 1 in the hope that they will have realised their huge mistake and made sure Incident and Rosie are kept together on one disc for the other show releases.

I won't cancel my order, but that was my thought also that at least one of the subsequent shows would not have the split. No doubt just a matter of song time for each cd. You would think the pinheads could work out such an important issue. Obviously no clue about what they're doing. Given the hack editing job on the NYC "Official" release, this should come as no surprise. But still painful.