Greasy Lake Community

Next archive release

Well, this has certainly been quite the week in BruceNews. I was just thinking a great way to cap it all off would be to announce the next archive show release. I know that Bruce's people are working like crazy getting all the River Tour shows mixed (and please keep at it! I'm still waiting for Paris, LOL) but, as a Bruce tramp, I'm exercising my right to demand more and never be satisfied. ;-)

That said, I know there are still a LOT of great shows still left to be released (And why not? Damn near every show the man does falls into the Amazing! category!) but, toward my own selfish ends, I am most looking forward to the Vietnam Veterans Benefit (I was at that one, plus it's a fitting release given the River theme of recent activity) and the Roxy '78 show (heard the last half of the show broadcast on KMET. Bruce was just a tiny blip on my radar at the time. What I heard of that show made a huge impression...). 

What archived shows are YOU looking forward to?

57 minutes ago, TruthThatRanUsDown said:

I am most looking forward to the Vietnam Veterans Benefit (I was at that one, plus it's a fitting release given the River theme of recent activity)

Wait... is this one legitimately happening?!?!  If so, can you point me to the source? This is my most favorite boot.

1 minute ago, Buddhabone said:

Magic Tour show from Fall 2007.

Oakland 2 or Boston.

Or Anaheim 2.  Well, first show was probably better as Bruce said that night "we're here for blood" but my spot was much better second night so of course it made for the better show. 

I'd like to have a great concert that doesn't already have a great circulating recording of, but at the same time the one I'd really like to have an official version of is the '75 Main Point show. Yes it's already out there, but the quality drops quite a bit half way through. The official release would be top notch and would also reach a lot of fans who aren't already familiar with it or who are unsatisfied with the sound quality. The 1981 Vietnam Vets one would be great as well.

Also, the show from 1974 that Jon Landau first saw Bruce perform that made him see rock and roll's future would be cool to have released.

Shea Stadium at the end of The Rising tour, I was there at 10 years old and I was small enough that I had to stand on my seat the whole time but I had a blast and I remember it well.  Of course, I wasn't enough of a superfan to remember exactly what was played that night but looking back, there were some rare treats that make this one that deserves revisiting.  "Blood Brothers", "Back in Your Arms", "Light of Day", plus guest appearances from Gary US Bonds on "Quarter to Three" and BOB DYLAN!!! singing Highway 61 Revisited.  That was a truly once-in-a-lifetime performance.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2003/shea-stadium-new-york-ny-3d5a5bb.html

20 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Wait... is this one legitimately happening?!?!  If so, can you point me to the source? This is my most favorite boot.

I have no idea if it's happening or not. Like you, it's on the top of my wish list. 

22 hours ago, RagamuffinGunner1 said:

I'd really like to have an official version of is the '75 Main Point show. Yes it's already out there, but the quality drops quite a bit half way through.

I've not heard it yet, but there's a new version that promises to be much better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Main-Point-75-set/dp/B01JT2VX8W/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WD8T4EYB5GY9QJK9WDY2

Bruce Springsteen, live at The Main Point, Bryn Mawr, PA on 5th February 1975. The Ultimate Edition. Previous releases of this legendary performance have all suffered from a major dip in sound quality on disc two, until now! This Ultimate edition now features the second set in superb fidelity, making this the definitive release of this show. 

I am SO happy this tour is ending so they can get back to the archival release schedule they intitally planned.   I am way more interested in the archive shows than the current ones.  I still have all of them but mostly for collection purposes.  I just hope it is a full ESB (or the 92 band) playing Bruce songs the way they were meant to be played.  No more solo or acoustic or one off tour stuff until another prime ESB pre-reunion show comes out.  

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I've not heard it yet, but there's a new version that promises to be much better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Main-Point-75-set/dp/B01JT2VX8W/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WD8T4EYB5GY9QJK9WDY2

Bruce Springsteen, live at The Main Point, Bryn Mawr, PA on 5th February 1975. The Ultimate Edition. Previous releases of this legendary performance have all suffered from a major dip in sound quality on disc two, until now! This Ultimate edition now features the second set in superb fidelity, making this the definitive release of this show. 

Thanks for the info, I hope it's improved. If there is anyone who has heard it I'd love to know for sure.

17 hours ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

Shea Stadium at the end of The Rising tour, I was there at 10 years old and I was small enough that I had to stand on my seat the whole time but I had a blast and I remember it well.  Of course, I wasn't enough of a superfan to remember exactly what was played that night but looking back, there were some rare treats that make this one that deserves revisiting.  "Blood Brothers", "Back in Your Arms", "Light of Day", plus guest appearances from Gary US Bonds on "Quarter to Three" and BOB DYLAN!!! singing Highway 61 Revisited.  That was a truly once-in-a-lifetime performance.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2003/shea-stadium-new-york-ny-3d5a5bb.html

I was there as well (waaaaay older than 10 though!).  

It was a great show, with a lot of highlights, but Blood Brothers is the one that always stands out for me.  Clarence had tears and so did I. 

Vietnam Vets would be amazing, but as has been discussed in a few threads in recent times we have absolutely no evidence that this show was actually professionally recorded, much less that a release in any form is planned.

Given the Magic tour has no official DVD released and never hit our shores, would love one of those. Unlike probably most, I'd prefer an early tour show where he was sticking to the Magic theme and built the set around the Magic songs rather than one of the later ones where sign requests and rarities were coming in

11 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Vietnam Vets would be amazing, but as has been discussed in a few threads in recent times we have absolutely no evidence that this show was actually professionally recorded, much less that a release in any form is planned.

Given the Magic tour has no official DVD released and never hit our shores, would love one of those. Unlike probably most, I'd prefer an early tour show where he was sticking to the Magic theme and built the set around the Magic songs rather than one of the later ones where sign requests and rarities were coming in

I thought just about everything from 1978 onwards was recorded.

9 hours ago, TheBoss said:

So far there hasn't been any European concert prior to 2013 among the archive releases. There are plenty of legendary European concerts to be released if only they are properly recorded.

In some of the topics about the archive releases, it was said that probably no European shows were professionally recorded pre-1999 except Stockholm 1988.

And except the already official released London 1975 show, of course.

But will remain unsure until Bruce Inc. will say it is true or not true, or if they just release a European show that shows it is not true.

38 minutes ago, bsfan50 said:

I thought just about everything from 1978 onwards was recorded.

From what I have gathered from various threads that may not be the case. Unlike Neil Young Bruce doesn't record every show. There may hundreds of past shows that only exist in audience recordings.

Archived