Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Goin' down, down, down

Hello all!

I think I owe you all an explanation and an apology for the unstable service we have been providing in the last several weeks and continue to provide. The problems started a few days after I left for my 3½ week vacation in the US. Not only was I on vacation, but my access to the internet was rather sporadic. Mikey (CmonMrTroube) - although himself away from home much of the time to shows in the East - has made a heroic effort during my absence to contact support and make things run as well as possible while I was simply inaccessible and unable to do a damn thing about it, much to my own frustration. But despite of his efforts - for which we owe him a big thank you - the fact is that every few hours we experience an unresponsive server for 20-30 minutes at a time. I understand that it is incredibly annoying for everybody, especially when setlistvision has been interrupted and other important moments have been ruined.

The good news is that I am now back at GL HQ with my 100 mb connection and power pc and can dedicate my time to solve this. The bad news is that this is apparently not a simple problem. I am in contact with the hosting company and will not rest until the cause has been found and the problem solved. Unfortunately, I can't say if this will take a day or a week or what, but it will be solved.

So thank you for your patience and for still sticking around. At least, soon you can all grab Bruce's book and get a little reading done while waiting for the server to come back.

1 hour ago, RocknRollSue said:

No apologies needed and certainly no thanks to us - THANK YOU

Nail on head Sue.

We are indebted to you CK, Mikey, and everyone else who puts this website and forum together for us.

I suppose I should phone Sky up and apologise for telling them to stick their 'super fast' broadband up their arses :unsure:

I still say we delete the dogs thread and see if that fixes what is most likely a database corruption problem....

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

I still say we delete the dogs thread and see if that fixes what is most likely a database corruption problem....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :angry:

You guys who give of your time to keep this thing going deserve nothing but our gratitude. You do a great job and it is mightily appreciated.

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

lolcat.jpg

1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

lolcat.jpg

Angry-Cat-Biting-Scared-Dog-Funny-Picture.jpg

Crap service and a crap excuse.....I demand a refund of annual membship fees for 2016. Otherwise, expect to hear from my lawyer (you may know him, BTW). 

:P

16 minutes ago, Power13 said:

Crap service and a crap excuse.....I demand a refund of annual membship fees for 2016. Otherwise, expect to hear from my lawyer (you may know him, BTW). 

:P

I suspect that if you use the same west coast lawyer as me that you will not get any refund and will instead be fined and sent to cuba or somewhere  exotic as you will owe so much money in fines

15 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I suspect that if you use the same west coast lawyer as me that you will not get any refund and will instead be fined and sent to cuba or somewhere  exotic as you will owe so much money in fines

Cuba ? Cuba ! Who's going to Cuba ?

can I tag along - the place fascinates me and I feel the window of opertunity to experience Cuba as it is is fast closing 

when I win lotto on my way to NJ I'm going to Cuba to sample the wears (not the cigars )

cropped-image-of-person-with-rum-glass-and-cigar-at-beach-picture-id605786013-1.jpeg

not that part of cuba Daisey - the Guantanamo Bay part....

Just now, AMIW said:

not that part of cuba Daisey - the Guantanamo Bay part....

ohhhh that would be not nearly as much fun

Wouldn't mind being exile in Cuba, I mean, look at the cars they have...

Image result for cars in cuba

and they have the genuine Havana club

I wonder if it's everytime we go off topic the lake has a hick up ?

Interesting-Facts-About-Cuba-Havana-Club-Rum-600x391.jpg

Mikey = Can't fix it or figure it out 

Karsten = Can fix it, but has to undo all the damage Mikey did  while he was not fixing it 

:D

12 hours ago, AMIW said:

You'd definitely do better with Fontaine or 53E or Blondie or Judgy. Or Borris the cat for that matter.