CmonMrTrouble

Book Tour extended to include London

4 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I now have to own up to going to the Waterstones event. Like everyone else here I tried when tickets went on sale, but was unlucky and just thought that was it. 6.30pm on Friday evening I received a pm via Greasy Lake from Simon & Schuster asking for a phone number as they wanted to speak to me. I expected it to be something to do with recording the book, as I was the person who started the thread.

However, nothing to do with that, it was about me getting the book early. As I had not 'gone public' and given away any spoilers, they wanted to,invite me to the book signing! Could not believe it!

To cap it all, drove to Shepherds Bysh this morning, parked and got tube. Took a wrong turn (and just kept going!) and happened to be walking past Claridges, just as Bruce came out. Got a fantastic photo which I will post on Just Bruce.

Great event at Waterstones, pretty chaotic but I got a lovely pic with him and met some lovely people in the queue, genuine fans, even if they weren't Lakers. Hope everyone else arrived in time, as it did start earlier than advertised.

OMG Ann, you must have been bustin' to tell us. Congrats! Look forward to seeing the pics.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

LOL,  no sorry needed - Yes, that's Steve, he tweets for GL and does one hell of a job keeping us all informed through Twitter

Glad he got his moment with Bruce

Mystery solved. I wondered about that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I now have to own up to going to the Waterstones event. Like everyone else here I tried when tickets went on sale, but was unlucky and just thought that was it. 6.30pm on Friday evening I received a pm via Greasy Lake from Simon & Schuster asking for a phone number as they wanted to speak to me. I expected it to be something to do with recording the book, as I was the person who started the thread.

However, nothing to do with that, it was about me getting the book early. As I had not 'gone public' and given away any spoilers, they wanted to,invite me to the book signing! Could not believe it!

To cap it all, drove to Shepherds Bysh this morning, parked and got tube. Took a wrong turn (and just kept going!) and happened to be walking past Claridges, just as Bruce came out. Got a fantastic photo which I will post on Just Bruce.

Great event at Waterstones, pretty chaotic but I got a lovely pic with him and met some lovely people in the queue, genuine fans, even if they weren't Lakers. Hope everyone else arrived in time, as it did start earlier than advertised.

Ann, that is terrific! I am so freakin' happy for you!

• Like 6

Just now, Mretrain said:

I belive, btw, that 39,000 people tried to get tickets for Waterstones...

I like that info. Make my failure feel better. I'd got Glastonbury tickets at the weekend before so I'd used up all my luck.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Ann that's amazing!!!  I'm so so happy for you!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

LOL,  no sorry needed - Yes, that's Steve, he tweets for GL and does one hell of a job keeping us all informed through Twitter

Glad he got his moment with Bruce

I had no idea - and he and I follow each other. I should pay more attention to people's profiles 

1 minute ago, jmw said:

Double Trilled for you.:)

Really pleased for you, lovely pic and a nice well deserved reward for everything you've been doing on the book thread

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread much, so I have a question.  The location of the bookstore was kept secret?

Yes it was.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Every once in a while people ask "I wonder if Bruce's people know what's going on with _______"  

This is perfect proof that good people are watching and know ALL about GL and the members here

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Here it is!

image.jpeg

SO Bruce KNEW YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROKE THE BOOK EMBARGO?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

omg-letters.gif          flashing-omg.gif

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

That's fantastic! Delighted for you!

21 minutes ago, RocknRollSue said:

OMG Ann, you must have been bustin' to tell us. Congrats! Look forward to seeing the pics.

I was. I had picked up iPad and was starting message when lovely guy from S & S phoned back to ask me to keep it to myself!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Every once in a while people ask "I wonder if Bruce's people know what's going on with _______"  

This is perfect proof that good people are watching and know ALL about GL and the members here

That is the question I sent to Simon Mayo's radio show.:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Simon and Schuster do have a presence on here. I know this because they have been in contact with me regarding my early acquisition of the book. (They have been nice about it, btw!)

7 hours ago, Rizla said:

Oh dear!  I hope you didn't disclose the identity of your friendly bookshop!  I wouldn't have told them. 

Unless they had promised me a ticket to meet Bruce of course devil_smiley_019.gif

Maybe I should set up in competition with Madam Marie  crystal-ball-smiley-emoticon-emoji.gif

• Like 1

If you've not checked out the Facebook event page, you should. I don't think I've ever been so happy about photos of complete strangers in a Waterstones. I think the fans did alright.

I also had another nice message from a chap I'd previously messaged at WS. Quietly in the background he'd been holding out for a cancelled ticket for me and also looked to find a signed copy. Obviously neither came true, but he tried and I'm happy.

Still gutted. But happy too. It's weird, isn't it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, East London Calling said:

Terrible outside venue sadly:angry:

feel very shafted

What happened